• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Have an idea for a script. (Looking for JASS teacher, I can teach you JAVA, Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi.

I'm a JAVA (Android) developer, and I did some map editing in the past.

I already know the basics of the editor, as well as the basics of the triggers, but I don't know much about scripting in JASS.

The idea which I would like to make:

Two separate teams.

If a team destroys the oppsing team's tower, there should be a new tower build on it's place for the destroying team, making it invulnerable for some seconds.

Basically it's like a tower destroying - capturing, zone control map.

I tried this with triggers with not that much succes.
I made a trigger which spawned a wisp to the destroyed tower's location,
then ordered the wisp to build a tower, but I couldn't made it invulnerable, no matter how I tried.

My questions are:

- Is such thing possible with JASS?
- Does 'anything' possible with JASS which possible with triggers?
- Where could I learn JASS? Where is a function list or anything like that?
- Does WC3 written in JASS?

If you can help me with this idea above in JASS, please don't hesitate! Maybe I can help you with JAVA (Android) :)

Last edited:
Level 15
Certainly possible with GUI and with JASS.
Everything you can do in GUI can also be done in JASS. In JASS you can do a lot more things.
A function list is inside your warcraft 3 mpq archive. The most important one is common.j, but you can probably also find them on the internet.
In case you want to get into JASS coding, you should get a tool for syntax highlighting and function lists:
I recommend using this one: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/sharpcraft-world-editor-extended-bundle.292127/
vJASS is an extension to JASS, that adds OOP. A list of its features can be found in the manual: JassHelper 0.A.0.0

You can find JASS tutorials here: JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials
You can also participate in the JASS Class to complete small missions and get detailed feedback on your code: JASS Class

Status
Not open for further replies.