• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hour of Reckoning BETA 0.96z3

Hour Of Reckoning BETA 0.96z (contact: TheDarkMoon@Nortrend; www.clancbs.com)

A classic „Aeon of Strife"-Map. The Empire (Humans) and the Wood Elf Legions attempt to defeat the Undead Hordes. The map is focused on the authentic heroes (each having 6 completely new abilities), but also on the detailed terrain and the Media Market - the included items are intentionally not overpowered. This map should be appealing to anyone who enjoys a good AoS but detests DotA...

Gameplay:
In this map The Empire & Wood Elf Legions will fight against the Undead Hordes. To customize the always same compositon the humans & nightelves got each one base and the undead a bigger one. The game will end if one mainbase will be destroyed.
The map tries to point out the differences of the races.

Each team has a expansion which gives three advantages as long as it is not destroyed: 1. The Expansion and the main base(s) is/are linked with teleporters 2. the expansion contains a healing fountain 3. You get every 3 seconds 2 gold. So it should be a high target to defend the own expansion and to destroy the one of your enemies.

Heros:
I am the oppinion that heros are the most important factor of an AoS-map, this is why i designed and will design quite a lot of custom heros. Each hero have six custom abilities. One initiate ability 3 standart spells (4 level each), one ultimate (requires lvl 6, 2 levels) and one limit (requires lvl 15). Maximum hero level is 18.

The Heroes:

The Empire & Wood Elf Legions:
Qaen'or Sunbeam – Inquisitor (Str)
William the Reedemer – Paladin (Str)
Tyril Brightsun – Guardian of the Light (Int)
Jane Sheepdream – Confounder (Int)
Grosh – Mountain Giant (Str)
Meria Quickslash – Shadow Warden (Agi)
Diana Windwood – Forest Ranger (Agi)
Hanyariel – Defender of Nature (Int)

Mercenary (neutral):
Dr.Zippy – Alchimist (Int)
Mechnic – Master Engineer (Str)

The Undead Hordes:
Alucard – Rising Vampire (Str)
Ashgan – Lord of Winter (Int)
Tir’Shan – Dust Weaver (Str)
Laosh’Ra – Invoker of Everlasting Darkness (Int)
Genius Timestop – Chronomancer (Int)
Peasant Family “Borison” – Bone Chaser (Agi)
Valgor – Infernal Duke (Str)
Takurius Gorespill – Harbinger of Bloody Demise (Int)

Media Market:
The map contains a media market. Heros can move into that shop to buy there the best items of the game from various merchants. All units in the market are invulnerable and have little regeneration advantage.

Credits:
TheDarkMoon
Hans_Maulwurf
Ashgan

Keywords:
AoS, Hero, Fight, Custom, Custom Spells, Hour Of Reckoning, Aeon of Strife, War, Human, Nightelf, Undead, Reckoning, Hour, HoR, Battle, Heros, Hereos
Contents

Hour of Reckoning BETA 0.96z3 (Map)

Reviews
18:58, 23rd Jun 2008 Ash: For the first time ever, I'm not complaining about the Terrain on an AoS. This map is, for all intent and purpose, terrained beautifully. I wish I could say that about the Heroes. Although the models are, somewhat, good...

M

18:58, 23rd Jun 2008
Ash: For the first time ever, I'm not complaining about the Terrain on an AoS. This map is, for all intent and purpose, terrained beautifully.

I wish I could say that about the Heroes. Although the models are, somewhat, good looking, they fail hard in the balance region. Some heroes are infinity stronger than others, whereas other characters are failworthy. On top of that, some characters pull agrovation before others, a case I found somewhat Ironic was an Assassin pulling Agro before a Mountain Giant.

The map is only in beta stages, thus isn't finished, however I think that it still has a long way to go, after all; ,and I've said this before, maps aren't made from models.

2/5 As it stands, I'm sure that'll be higher in the newer versions. Keep up the hard work.

Approved.

Level 2
Hello Everyone,
i hope you going to test my Aeon of Strife Map "Hour of Reckoning" (HoR). Its not finished yet but already playable. I know that it still requires a lot of improvement work. This is why i asking you to help me. I need talented AoS-Players who are interested in helping me designing this map through their ideas. I hope you enjoy the map and see the great potential it has.

Greetings,
TheDarkMoon

Level 5
Nice map. The moderator is right there does seem to need to be a bit of balancing. Oh, and the waterfall in the middle of the map is just coming out of the side of a hill you may want to figure a way to make that look neater.

Level 2
Update:
Beta 0.96z:

TheDarkMoon:
The new version contains many changes and I am really proud to release it. Ashgan and I worked quite a lot, eh… (I worked of course more than Ash, hehe) This is why I wrote a change log for you. In a few words:

We started to implement the new Item System (Combinable Items & Class Items) and added a new Gold System (like in DoE). On top of that I improved a lot of heroes. In my eyes 7 heroes are now perfect (Infernal Duke, Chronomancer, Invoker of Everlasting Darkness, Guardian of the Light, Inquisitor, Mountain Giant and the Paladin). By “perfect” I mean the system how their spells work and NOT their balance.

On top of that I tried to quicken the game by giving the Rangers/Grave Warders a stronger attack against buildings.

Ashgan:
Well, I don't want to hide the fact that I work slow since I am pretty... lethargic at times. Due to this, I want to apologise the certain delay in things that could be done quicker. In return, you shall never be disappointed by low quality things by me: Whenever I do get things in my lusting fingers, I make sure to create quality and innovative content. Other than that, DarkMoon already mentioned most of the things that need to be said in his comment. That being said, let's get to the changelog...

Change Log:

New Item System: The Beginning
The new item System is a vast difference to the previous one. While you got used to buying items just like that, this will not be very prominent anymore. To acquire powerful items (balance being a discussion, as always), one must buy a "Basic Item", as I call it, which is stuff that you get at your base, for example a simple Sword. These items you combine with one additional item, for example one of the numerous Resources, such as Wood or Iron. The recipes can be found inside your base. Every "Advanced Item" (the term to refer to mixed items), each have an individual "Story Text", which explains the item's nature, to make the world a bit more alive. I was forbidden to reveal future plans, but due to a lack of content in the System as of now, the Media Market is closed, of course with a small story explanation, found in the Hints ingame. In the next big version, the Market will be open again, and may hold one or another surprise, since all items from the past, are no longer available. The new item system also features a new way for potions to work; instead of instantly restoring outrageous amounts, they will restore a medium amount instantly, and heal an additional amount over 5 seconds afterwards (undispellable). This makes sure that potions do keep their value, but are not as overpowered. There are also some other useful accessoires added to the pantheon of items, be sure to test them all.

Ontop of that, there have been added multiple restrictions: First things first, every hero has been divided into one of three archetypes: Melee, Caster, Ranger. Each Archetype has his own set of available weapons, armors, and recipes. Even if they are vastly different from each other, they are equal in quantity. Naturally, you cannot equip items from multiple archetypes. If you anyway attempt this, the wrong item will be removed, and you will be given back the full amount of money. Additionally to this, heroes can only carry a single weapon and a single armor/shield, at a time. The times of carrying 4 swords and 2 armors are over, yup. Incase you attempt this anyway, the same as above will happen: the item is gone and you are refunded the price. (written by Ashgan)

New Gold System
Gold is no longer gained from killing units. Instead of this I copied the system of DoE (Desert of Exile) because it’s much fairer. Now you will gain gold if your hero stands in near of an enemy unit that dies. Of course you will still gain gold from your expansion as well as long as it is not destroyed.

Example: If two heroes of the Empire stand near a grave warder that get killed of an allied cleric both heroes will gain the 20 gold of the killed grave warder. This system shall give defensive heroes (e.g. Guardian of the Light) the same possibility like offensive ones (e.g. Lord of Winter) to get the same gold.

The only exception is the gold gained by killing a hero. The owner of the killing unit will gain 64-200 money (depending on the level of the dying hero). All allied heroes in near of the killed unit will gain the half of the gold the killing player gained. (written by TheDarkMoon)

Hero Improvements/Remakes (Hero Status 7/18 )

Remake: Dust Weaver
-->Skin Changed (thx@viikuna)
-->Renamed “Dust Weaver” into “Noxious Breeder”
-->While burrowing into the earth “move”-commands will no longer interrupt this process
-->Tir’Shan can now use the Ability “Crash the Earth” while burrowed
(Splits the earth arround the Noxious Breeder dealing 45/90/135/180) damage to all enemy ground units and reducing their movement speed for 3 seconds by 10/20/30/40%.)
-->Replaced the ability “Impale” with “Hatch” that allows Tir’Shan to summon Breedlings, those got the abilities “Burrow”, “Toxic Caparace”, “Crippling Touch”, “Explode!” and “Kiss of Poison”
(Summons a Broodling that has quite a lot of hitpoints but deals less melee damage. The Noxious Breeder can control a maximum of three Breedlings. Those Breedlings posses the abilities "Burrow" and "Toxin Caparace" if Tir'Shan learned those abilites already. They die if their master is destroyed.
Burrow: Orders the Broodling to dig into the ground. There it becomes invisible but not invulnerable because the bug can't dig so deep as its master. Since the bug got smaller claws then his master it can't move as fast as Tir'Shan through the earth. Living because of unholy magic the Breedling doesn't need any breath, so it can stay under earth as long as it'ss master wants.
Toxic Caparace: Upgrades the carapace of the Breedling with chitinous spikes, that reflect 5/17/29/49% melee damage taken, and poison the attackers for 4 seconds, which damages enemies for 3 damage each 2 seconds. In addition, it recieves a permanent 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 armor bonus.
Crippling Touch: Injects the victim a crippling poison with each attack. The poison reduces the attack rate of the victim by 15% for 3 seconds.
Explode!: The Broodling is a living toxin bomb. With this command it will explode spreading its contact insecticide to all enemy foes around it dealing 90 damage to each of them.
Kiss of Poison: Gives the Broodling a 10% chance on each attack to paralyze the victim for 1 second with a special neurotoxic substance disabling it completly.)
-->Added the Ability “Crippling Touch” to the Locusts of the ability “Plague of Locusts”
-->Replaced the spell “Cocoon” with “Art of Weaving”
(Art of Weaving: Tir'Shan hurls a web sack into the air. The web will explode trapping all enemy units in a solid cocoon of spiderweb. The struck units cannot move for 3 seconds.)

Remake: Infernal Duke
-->Changed Model of the Duke from Pitlord into Fire Lord
-->Renamed “Vaglor” into “Cynder”
-->Replaced the spell “Boiling Blood” with “Boiling Presence”
(Boiling Presence: Wherever the Infernal Duke marshes, shall ashes remain. Every 3 seconds he has a chance of 25 + (3 x His own Level) to incinerate a random enemy unit in 350 range. The incinerated unit instantly suffers 50 damage, and reduces the armor by 3 for 7 seconds due an overheating and meltdown of the armor.)
àReplaced the spell “Fireball” with “Splitfire” (the most complex spell in the map, I think)
(The Infernal Duke sacrifices 17% of his maximal life while literally ripping out a chunk of himself, creating a Fireling at a target destination. This Fireling's current health is equal to the life sacrificed to summon it times 2. The maximal life is equal to the health sacrificed times 2.5. The Fireling's attack is rather weak yet rapid, and can slow victims for 10/20/30/40% for 2 seconds. The Fireling gains certain bonuses when Cynder is near, those being an increased life regeneration by 1/2/3/4 hp/sec and a reduction on magic / piercing damage by 15/30/45/60%. The Fireling can also suicide in a violent explosion at any given time, damaging enemy units near him for 1/4 of his current life. Finally, the Fireling can be re-absorbed to restore life to Cynder, equal to half of the current life of the Fireling, at the point of absorbation.)
-->Renamed “Hellfire” into “Shatterflame”
-->Replaced “Searing Edge” by “Searing Strikes”
(Searing Strikes: By activating this ability, Cynder turns into a living inferno. While active, every hit he does has a chance of 15 + 5 x Ability Level % to cause an explosion on a unit that is already burning. This explosion deals 15 x ability level in damage instantly. This explosion also costs the Infernal Duke 10 mana. If the unit was not burning, it will instead be put ablaze and burn for 4 x ability level seconds, dealing 4 damage per second. (Thus making it viable for the explosion). Note that if no explosion occurs, the hit only drains 4 mana from the Infernal Duke.)
-->Changed the ability “Burning Skies”
(The Infernal Duke calls up to his most powerful infernal magic to conjure 6 meteorites to crash down in a target location. These lifeless meteors will transform into hellish golems for 15 seconds, fighting for Cynder and dying in a violent explosion. |n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 100 death explosion damage |n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 200 death explosion damage)
-->Renamed “Doomblaze” => “Blazing Wish”
-->Icons changed

Improvement: Mountain Giant
-->”Rampant Growth” is now Groshs Limit
-->”Provoce” is now Groshs Ultimate
-->”Sandstorm” is now a Standard ability
-->New Initiate Ability “Earthfall”
(Summons a pillar of dust that adds a 10% miss chance to all attacks of all units below it. Lasts 30 seconds.)
-->Replaced “Mountain Shell” with “Adamant Musclepower” and combined the effects (Being made of solid rock, Grosh reduces all incoming physical damage by a certain amount and additionally, his thundering strikes have a 20% chance to unleash a rippling shockwave that deals 20/40/60/80 damage to enemies in front of him. This shockwave can only occur but once every 4 seconds. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 1 point damage reduction, 20 damage |n|n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 2 point damage reduction, 40 damage |n|n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 3 point damage reduction, 60 damage |n|n|cffffcc00Level 4|r - 4 point damage reduction, 80 damage)
-->Changed Ability “Wandering Earthquake”
(Casting this ability on a target unit will deal a certain amount of damage to it, and all nearby enemy units and buildings in 250 range, stunning them for 0.5 seconds. This effect will repeat a few times every 1.5 seconds. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 15 damage, 4 intervals |n|n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 25 damage, 5 intervals |n|n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 35 damage, 6 intervals |n|n|cffffcc00Level 4|r - 45 damage, 7 intervalls)
àIcons changed

Improvement: Bone Chaser
-->New Initiate Ability: “Restless” (The Bone Chaser is always restless, never resting, never ceasing to hunt. Not even death (in terms of bodily mutilation, since life has abandoned them long ago) can stop them. This allows the Bone Chaser to reduce their ressurection time by 30%.)
-->Replaced the ability “Everlasting Tenacity” with “Skull Bomb” and changed the effect (The skeletal aberration that the family "Borison" has become releases all the necromantic energy contained within their forever cursed bones, detonating in a violent explosion, damaging all nearby enemies for 250/500 damage in 450 range, killing the Bone Chaser in the process.)

Improvement: Inquisitor
-->Changed the effect of “Thurst of Mana” steals now 8% of the victim’s maximum mana and Eldorath gains the doubled value somehow
-->Changed Ability “Doubt of the Unworthy”
(Doubt of the Unworthy: The Inquisitor forces doubt upon an enemy unit (that is able to cast) for 10 seconds. Whenever this doubting unit casts a spell during this duration, it will create an explosion that damages all units near the doubting unit (including the casting unit). On top that all units except the caster will loose a certain amount of mana. If the victim is a hero the amount of life/mana loss depends on it’s intelligence value, otherwise it depends on the maximum mana points of the unit.)
-->Ability “Arkanum Interdictum” will no longer set the mana of it’s victims to 0 instead each enemy unit in the area will loose 15% of its maximum mana per second
-->Changed the effect of “Defiance” (The Inquisitor wards himself from all spells for a 3/6 seconds, using powerful magic charms.)

Improvement: Alchemist
-->Replaced “Chocolate Fury” with “Chemical Surprise”
(Experimentation and Randomness are key words for Dr. Zippy. Every attack of him has a 20% chance for one of 4 random effects. |n Fire: Additonal 12/24/36/48 damage over 4 seconds |n Ice: Slows the victims movement/attackspeed by 25% for 1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0 seconds. |n Earth: Reduces armor of the victim by 2/4/6/8 |n Lightning: 8/16/24/32 additional damage.)
-->”Alchemy” uses now a dialog instead of a chat system (thx@viikuna for that idea)
-->Replaced “Artifical Life” with “Tinker”
(While channeling this ability, you select the potion type of the potions you mixing into a single item, creating a unique super-potion. You require at least two potions of that type.|n - (Lifebrew) |n - (Spellbrew) |n - (Acceleration Brew) |n - (Vanishing Concoction) |n - (Healing Salve) |n - (Potion of Spellward) |n - (Potion of Longevity) |n - (Mana Fuel))
-->Changed Icons

Improvement: Paladin
-->Changed “Aura Mastery”:
-“Thorns Aura” reflects now 25% Melee Damage
-“Brilliance Aura” is replaced by “Command Aura”
-Each Aura activation cost now 5 Mana
-->Reduced the mana costs of “Light of Retribution”, “Blessed Hammer”, “Holy Water” and “Tribute of the Fallen” slightly
-->Renamed “Holy Shield” into “Sacred Shield”

Improvement: Harbinger of Bloody Demise
-->Changed Takurius primary attribute from “Strength” to “Intelligence”
-->Redesigned the effect of “Blood Bath”
-->The Ability “Shared Pain” is Takurius Ultimate, while “Gore Leech” is his Limit now

Improvement: Invoker of Everlasting Darkness
-->The ability “Prison of Darkness” lasts only 10 seconds at daytime, while the effect takes 20 seconds at night time
-->Renamed “Prison of Darkness” into “Dark Prison”

Improvement: Master Engineer
-->Renamed the “Master Engineer” into “Engineer”
-->Removed the ability “Flare Owl” from Mechnics “Gadgets” (new gadget(s!) will follow next version?)

Improvement: Confounder
-->Jane’s Limit “Total Confusion” no longer reduces attack speed instead of that it provides a 75 % chance to miss for victim
-->Skin changed (finally I found a way how to implement the skin I want – thanks to a mistake, yay! I hope you like the new skin!)

Improvement: Shadow Warden
-->Renamed the “Shadow Warden” into “Warden of Shadows”
-->Renamed “Legendary Pain” into “Shadowblast”

Improvement: Chronomancer
-->Renamed “Genius Timestop” into “Aeon” (thx@kami)
-->Renamed “Time Ripple” into “Ripple of Time”

Improvement: Raising Vampire
-->Renamed “Vampire” into “Craving for Blood”

Terrain
-->Improved Terrain slightly
-->Removed some animated doodads (performance reason)
-->Added more Towers
-->Moved the undead expansion for more balance
-->Split the middle way at the undead base for more balance as well

Media Market
-->Closed (Anyway, if you select now the media market and your hero is in the near he will automatically be ordered to enter the store.)

Misc
-->Removed Bugs and improved the Balancing
-->Colored certain Heroes
-->Removed the annoying kill triggers of the fountain sections… and added hidden defenders
-->You will now regain your gold if you can’t wear an item that you bought (and the item is removed )
-->Updated Hints
-->Updated Loading Screen
-->Removed version history
-->Added a “Scroll of Teleportation” to each hero
-->Added a stronger attack against Towers to Rangers & Graver Warders
-->Increased Start Money to 500
-->Moon Wells will now restore only mana

Level 2
Just a short update:

Version: 0.96z3

Heroes (Hero Status 9/18 )

Improvement: Alchemist
-->Replaced the Skill “Lucky Goblin” with “Backpack”
(The backpack which Dr Zippy's ogre carries against it's will, offers room for Dr. Zippy himself, his laboratory, a small bed and whatever else a mad goblin could ever need. Occasionally he misuses his lab as a kitchen, but it is an arguable matter wether or not his meals are edible. Anyhow, this backpack also offers possibility to store 4 items independantly from your normal inventory. However, these items cannot be used directly; you must first get them out of the backpack before using them. (If you can spot them in the mess)
- Drop Item: Dr. Zippy quickly hurls an item into his backpack, not considering that it could be hard to find later on. Only stackable items (such as potions, scrolls and rods) can be stores inside the backpack.
- Withdraw an Item: Dr. Zippy dives into his backpack to scavenge it's depths for something useful.)

Improvement: Confounder
-->Changed Ultimate & Limit
-->Changed design of “Telekinesis” (|cffc3dbff[Limit - Active]|r|nBinds an enemy target into a web of pure energy. Once a foe has been marked, this ability will be replaced for 20 seconds (So be quick about it) by a pointer ability, that allows you to assign a center towards which the marked target will be dragged. For 6 seconds, the enemy will be forced into these chains, and will be unable to run away.)

Improvement: Noxious Breeder
-->Tir’Shan will now use “Emerge” instead of dying when his breath reaches 0…

Additional Hero Changings
- Nerfed “Light of Retribution” and “Blessed Hammer” (Paladin)
- Nerfed “Sadism” (Harbinger of Bloody Demise)
- Removed some rare bugs concerning “Splitfire” and “Searing Strikes” (Infernal Duke)
- Decreased duration of “Provoke” 65 (Mountain Giant)

Items
-->5 new additional items are now available
- Scroll of Battle (A magical scroll that boosts the physical capabilities of nearby allies. Increases damage by 15% for 15 seconds.)
- Scroll of War (An enchanted scroll that intimidates nearby foes and reduces their morale. Decreases damage by 15% for 15 seconds.)
- Scroll of Purgatory (A powerful scroll that is able to directly destroy magical links in the target area, resulting in a removal of any buffs of the units inside the area, and 300 damage to summons.)
- Rod of Greed (Deploy an invisible flag that can stash up to 3 items. This rod is also targetable for teleport by the |cff7FFFD4Astral Scepter|r.)
- Rod of Life (Deploy an invisible flag that increases hit point regeneration by 1.0 of nearby allies. This rod is also targetable for teleport by the |cff7FFFD4Astral Scepter|r.)
- Reduced the rod prices to 150 gold and made them immune to spells & magic

Terrain
- Changed the Start Fountain Areas

Misc
- You will now get money for a dying unit of the enemy even if the unit is killed by a building.
- Changed the text that appears if a hero dies (its has now a bit more style)
- If you have picked a hero and the game did not start yet, you are able to read the spells of the chosen hero now.
- Some more balance/bug crap

Level 4
Hey, do you ever play this map yourself or anything like that ? I'd like to play with you guys when you host.

Since the biggest problem is balance I think it'd help a lot.

Either that or do you have a general contact info for this ?

BTW: I think tir'shan is kinda gimp. He only gets a 4 second root to hit people really and his beetles get outscaled kinda fast. Do you think you could put in a way that the beetles take in a bit of tir'shans life and damage so they scale up in damage past level 9 ? I also think his burrow ability needs to be sped up a bit more, at least on the movement up, and the AoE while rooted should be a 2 second stun and 5 second slow.

Battles seem really slow BTW. Theres little actual interaction between enemies. You can't slow or stun much and it feels like you gotta kinda trick enemies into dying.

It seems like a lot of heroes were designed before you doubled or trippled life pools. Infernal duke for example needs all his abilities to do massively more damage. Shadowflame for example should be 250% the damage it does now. His other abilities need a clear 200% damage. If you don't wanna buff his summon's and burn thing's damage (summon needs to scale damage BTW, and his burn ability does need a clear damage doubling) then AT LEAST give shadowflame 500 damage max. Its 2 second cast, not a large AoE, and does pitiful damage. Its not even worth the mana TBH.

I guess, summarized, my main complaint is that damage is way too low for some while others get the tools needed to make use of the low damage and kill heroes. It seems like there should be greatly more ways to kill people (which only a few have) or that damage should be upped to allow some heroes to kill others. Some spells also are greatly beneath the power curve

Last edited:
Level 2
First of all, thanks for writing some feedback, Hashinshin.

Hey, do you ever play this map yourself or anything like that ? I'd like to play with you guys when you host.

Of course i play my own map. Quite often. /w TheDarkMoon@northend

BTW: I think tir'shan is kinda gimp. He only gets a 4 second root to hit people really and...
If you hunt an enemy and he runs away, he can't attack neither...

...and his beetles get outscaled kinda fast. Do you think you could put in a way that the beetles take in a bit of tir'shans life and damage so they scale up in damage past level 9 ?

Well, Ashgan (Creator as well) and I are the opinion that summons like water elemental (of the Archmage) or spiritwolves (of the Farseer) are stupid. They have the problem that they can be simply used for "focus fire". They require no skill. This is why good summons spell need abilities for the summons in our eyes, so that the controlling player has to act wisely to profit from them.

Now lets take a look at the concept of Broodlings of the "Hatch" ability. The broodlings shall be blocker that deal less damage. Since a skilled player shall not easily ignore them, i gave them a abilty like "Bash" and a slowing ability. So they can't be easily ignored. On top of that they deal some damage to all melee attackers. For skilled players the Broodlings can also be used offensive by combining the "Explode!" ability with "Burrow". Using these abilites smart you can trap escaping heroes easily.

All in all i am very proud of the concept of "Hatch". I think the Broodlings are a good example which shows how summons have to be designed. I won't change anything at this point. Keep in mind that they cost less mana as well...

I also think his burrow ability needs to be sped up a bit more, at least on the movement up, and the AoE while rooted should be a 2 second stun and 5 second slow.

I agree in this one. I will improve the "Burrow" ability. I guess i will replace "Crash the Earth" by his Limit "Spiked Cascade" and create a new limit. Notice that i don't count Tir'Shan - Noxious Breeder as finished at this state.

Battles seem really slow BTW. Theres little actual interaction between enemies. You can't slow or stun much and it feels like you gotta kinda trick enemies into dying.

Well, on the one hand i agree, on the other hand i don't. If you have any improvement suggestions i would like to hear them?

It seems like a lot of heroes were designed before you doubled or trippled life pools. Infernal duke for example needs all his abilities to do massively more damage. Shadowflame for example should be 250% the damage it does now. His other abilities need a clear 200% damage. If you don't wanna buff his summon's and burn thing's damage (summon needs to scale damage BTW, and his burn ability does need a clear damage doubling) then AT LEAST give shadowflame 500 damage max. Its 2 second cast, not a large AoE, and does pitiful damage. Its not even worth the mana TBH.

I count Cynder - Inferal Duke as completed. Anyway i agree that Shatterflame (not shadow ;)) could have a slight damage increase (sure not 500, rofl). But notice that it cost less mana and has a high range. I will increase the damage of the Fireling of "Splitfire", too i guess (and maybe add a ability more to it).

For the rest i will and have to see in detail as well. But this >>>It seems like a lot of heroes were designed before you doubled or trippled life pools.<<< is simply wrong.

I guess, summarized, my main complaint is that damage is way too low for some while others get the tools needed to make use of the low damage and kill heroes. It seems like there should be greatly more ways to kill people (which only a few have) or that damage should be upped to allow some heroes to kill others. Some spells also are greatly beneath the power curve

Well, i am doing the best i do for the balance. Its the hardest work of them all.
Keep helping me ;)

tdm

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

The map is good looking and the heroes seem to be nearly balanced, i give you a 4