• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Project: Quenching Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
co2w-hosted-project-5-png.365272
ql-jpg.376088

authors-note-png.373439

av.jpg
  Quenching is a graphic enhancement mod for Warcraft III Reforged, developed by Zorrot, Jixed, and Keno as a passion project. Our ultimate goal is to upgrade Warcraft III Reforged with next-gen graphics, and provide tools and resources for all map developers and players. We are eager to communicate and cooperate more with Warcraft III communities and share our ideas with everyone!
upper-quotes-png.375983

Forum RM Blue.png

divider-png.373123

menu-png.376572

features-png.371750
  • 5GB of reworked resources!
  • A client and a setup file. Future updates will come in patches.
  • Reworked shaders to present a brand new graphic style.
  • Reworked most of the terrain textures.
  • Redirected the game's art style, changed art direction of some melee themes.
  • An original campaign with 6 chapters, and the possibility to load more custom Campaigns in the future.
  • Hero-skin system and Warband systems, which mainly serve melee games.
  • More UI options; we might also make UI skins later.
  • You won’t get banned using this mod; it's only graphical.

divider-png.373123

qscp-png.375734

First built off the Reforged prologue, this campaign has grown into an original remake, showcasing Quenching's functionality.

divider-png.373123

team-png.376001
@Zorrot Coding, Technical Assistance, Custom Tools and Website
@jixed Environment Modeling, Texturing, Technical Assistance
keno-png.376089
Keno Modeling, Translating, Presentation & Video Making

divider-png.373123

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ah, it was about time Quenching became noticed here. :)

I'm loving the ground textures, though I can't see the nonstandard variations. That rocky path leading up to Frostmourne is lovely to contemplate. Do you still plan to improve them further? Perhaps with auto-foliage generation? Doodads are not always blending well with the terrain, e.g. the cattails look a bit off in the evil warlock screenshot.

Amazing job nevertheless. Can't wait to see more!

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Ah, it was about time Quenching became noticed here. :)

I'm loving the ground textures, though I can't see the nonstandard variations. That rocky path leading up to Frostmourne is lovely to contemplate. Do you still plan to improve them further? Perhaps with auto-foliage generation? Doodads are not always blending well with the terrain, e.g. the cattails look a bit off in the evil warlock screenshot.

Amazing job nevertheless. Can't wait to see more!
There will be a patch for re-terraining after the other function settled, thanks!

Level 30
It's sad to see that you really know Blizz f--cked up when the development team of Zorrot is doing a better job of reforging Warcraft III. The love for what used to be the game continues for these kinds of people and it's amazing truly. Keep it up! I'll be following this one~

Level 21
Not really my type of graphics, but for campaigns it should work really well.

Also this was obviously very well made, so i'm stoked for the project's future!

Level 18
I have no words to describe how powerful this mod seems.

I wanted to stay away from it, mostly because I don't like modding Blizzard games because of their policy.

But considering the wonderful graphics and UI alongside the custom campaign implementation, I think I'll go for it.

It gives a new breath of motivation to play and create custom content for Warcraft 3.

Thank you very much for this addition 💪

Level 3
the mod style is endearing but not really much improved in the warcraft's quality.
the most importantly, the mod will be harder to run the game smoothly.

Level 28
I'm curious to see how the community is going to receive this; will it become the new standard or wil it be neglected? Especially when it comes to custom campaigns... If it can really support w3n one day; I hope we don't have to mess with the w3n files, just in case Blizzard is going to implement their on CC support and it might mess up things even further.

Level 7
Would be cool to have a side to side comparison video, bc other than lighting I don't realy see the difference...

Maybe so many years playing classic made me systematically reject reforged visual style, even with the mod on. So yeah, maybe a comparison would make me rethink my opinion.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The pessimist in me tells me to try it before getting hyped. Devil is in the details.
I love this 😂

Would be cool to have a side to side comparison video, bc other than lighting I don't realy see the difference...
The first ~30 seconds are standard Reforged. When the camera hides behind the trees and then refocuses the terrain, it's Quenching. It's not just the lighting; it's the shadows too, and it adds amazing depth. The forest actually feels like a forest now. The rough dirt has reflections as if it was muddy (if they made units leave footprints, I'd melt). It's incredible! 😍 A side-by-side comparison would still be awesome, of course. 😁

Last edited:

HKB

HKB

Level 4
Quenching is a great project, it's more reliable than blizzard, yes. It makes the game environment more comfortable instead of bright and dazzling colors. I'm looking forward to the work behind quenching and hope it can give us constant surprises. Thank you for the work of quenching team.

Level 7
So I installed this, and I'm definitely a fan, but I notice it also seems to modify the way classic graphics looks, and not in a good way. Is there anyway to turn this off when in classic mode?

the mod style is endearing but not really much improved in the warcraft's quality.
the most importantly, the mod will be harder to run the game smoothly.
How do you know this? I've been using the mod in Reforged melee games and single player custom games, didn't notice any perforce decrease.

Level 35
Seeing as this is running reforged is a shame (although given engine upgrades likely required), as this is a stand alone or something would be much deserved, seeing as I do not, and never will support Reforged itself (nor does the sadly the more recent things happening when the company itself help).

Modders kept War3 alive for so longer until Blizzard slaughtered it, now it looks like once again modders can do what they cannot/do not want to do and still they will be earning from it (and who knows, given the whole legal part of it, even gaining more than that). A shame really.

But overall it looks like some amazing work.

Status
Not open for further replies.