• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hoof of Honor

Some time ago in some tauren town, lived a tauren like no other. Unlike his brothers who devoted their lives to serve the Earth Mother, Neparne was more interested in science. He spent many hours solving the greatest mysteries of mechanics, which he loved the most. In one of his experiments he accidentally destroyed half a town, and got banned to set hoof in it ever again. Now, we follow his story...which is about to get worst...

Interlude: Once in a Forest
Chapter 1: A Generous Favor
Chapter 2: Cave of Horrors
Submap for Chapter 2
Chapter 3: The Earth Mother
Chapter 4: Engineers Task
Chapter 5: Payback Time
Credits

132980-albums4608-picture45121.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45118.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45119.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45120.jpg

- Fixed a bug that mesed unit colors in Mission 1
- Fixed a bug that caused Grudge to gain two yellow keys in Mission 2
- Mission 2a now uses fog instead of cinematic mask (in order to display health bars and tooltips)
- Lowered the cost of Magnetic Field to 90 (from 100)

- UPDATED with the current patch.

Keywords:
Hoof of Honor, HyperActive, Tauren, RPG, Dwarf, Furbolg, JASS, vJASS, AI
Contents

Hoof of Honor (Campaign)

Reviews
09:39, 21st Jun 2008 Rui: Approved! The campaign lacks music use of quality, but the story is good.
Level 22
Good campaign, but it could use some improvement.

Terrain - 4/5: Good terrain. Looks like the Blizzard terrain at times. Some more doodads and fog wouldn't hurt.

Cinematics - 3/5: The cinematics are pretty standard, but good enough. Though sometimes it would show the end of the map, which looks really ugly. Thick fog or large doodads could fix this.

Gameplay - 4/5: The standard WCIII gameplay, and a variable difficulty, which is always a good thing. The custom spells and skins are nice as well.
I found a couple of bugs, though. I was able to complete the chapter where you have to build a transport, without collecting the engine.
And in the last chapter, the Tauren AI is a bit messed up. They would build units, but not use them. They would just stand there next to the barracks.
Or abilities using the same hotkeys as the hero's standard abilities like Move and Stop.
There are a couple more, but these are the ones I think you should fix especially.

Story - 3.5/5: Pretty good, funny at times. The dialogue is fine, but there are many grammar errors (bleime instead of blame, murdorer, shout instead of shut, etc).

I give it a 4/5.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Good campaign.
Some minor bugs with the cinematic glitches (sometimes when you walk or kill some things a cinematic view starts for one second, you're either teleported at the beginning in the subterranean level where you meet Grudge or either the main quest message appears again).
Yeah I had to play the whole campaign with no sound and external music.
Oh and some grammar issues and English words written wrong.

Level 2
Really like/liked the campaign, i like the story line, I would mistake the terrain as just as good as blizzard themselves (its an opinion) but i keep dieing all over the place, start, middle and end :grin:, its really cool, but it may be for actually good rpg players :D

Level 28
Major bug concerns the music: often two of them are playing over each other, one the normal orc music and the other whatever music was used for the cutscene. This gets especially problematic when the same music plays just one beat behind the other.

Also, Neparne's magnetism does at least twice the written damage (not that I'm complaining, it's a lifesaver sometimes).

Spelling has already been commented on.

It would have been nice to only start the defense when you get to the outpost in the third level, there's no way to explore the map and defend.

But all in all, an interesting and well-thought-out campaign.

Level 1
Maps Are not Bad, but you need to fix grammar. and the mission where you must defend village was pretty boring because i destroyed centaur and undead bases in 5 minutes with no units. And this campaign is realy short. I can't rate anything but i would rate this map 2/5

Level 2
the campaign is very good 5/5 from me but theres one thing that bothers me. neparne's magnetic field spell has the same hotkey as the move command and it annoys me because i like playing with hotkeys

Level 1
WOW! campaign + TAUREN!! awesome!! well, I realy like tauren! and when I found this I want to create some campaign for tauren to :DDD but, I cant :( but map rly good, tauren skin good! u still working with war3 campaign? mb again creat like this with tauren??

5/5!!

Level 10
The story is good, but there is no mention of Neparne seeking Justice for his Friend's murder and betrayal. All he said, that he wanted to clear his name that's all. Also, I have a few suggestions to make the campaign a bit better if you are interested:

-Improving Grudge's skills might be a good idea because his ultimate currently does nothing at all, beside the animation and him channeling it. There is no attack speed increase, and there is no damage dealt to the enemies around. That is why i haven't used it the whole campaign. His (bad temper) skill seems fine, and trap skill is good as well, but the blue orb needs to be reworked because currently it has no cool down and the effect lasts less than one second. Neparne's skills seem perfect.

-Also there is a glitch that happens occasionally in every chapter, that the secreen goes black for less than a second like there is a cinematic or something, but instead the main quest appears again like its reminding you, and it was a bit annoying.

-In addition, in the final chapter i think the Tauren should attack instead of just defending. Even after you destroy the purple furbolg base, they just stand there doing nothing. And once you reach the main furbolg base, the structures try to run! what the heck? once you hit one of them, it runs to the oposite side, like a peon or a peasant once gets attacked. So before they ran to the forest, I let Grudge hit it from the oposite side sometimes so it run towards Neparne, and so on. Moreover, the structures near the king just stand like that doing nothing, not producing troops at all, and there isn't any furbolg defending them either. You just put Neparne there to bomb them, which will take exactly one minute to do so, and just let grudge attack other buildings until then. But all buildings are 5, that's 5 minutes of waiting!

That is all. I hope you can take a look at these stuff in the next update. Good luck!

4/5

Level 21
Checking in from 2019 - this is an oldie-but-a-goody that still works on 1.31 with no patch related bugs as far as I can tell besides some overlapping music. Solid 4/5. Map 1 is a bit of a slog having to do a lot of backtracking to heal. Map 4 felt like complete filler that was fairly boring compared to the other four missions. Otherwise, this is a solid RPG campaign with unique heroes, spells, and properly rewarded items that still works fine in the current state of the game.

Level 13
Played on WC v.1.27. Overlapping music can be avoided by minimizing the music in the game settings to 0. I didn't notice any other bugs. A short,simple and very easy RPG that I had fun with all day. Old but golden I would say. Thank you HyperActive.

Last edited: