• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hoof of Honor

Some time ago in some tauren town, lived a tauren like no other. Unlike his brothers who devoted their lives to serve the Earth Mother, Neparne was more interested in science. He spent many hours solving the greatest mysteries of mechanics, which he loved the most. In one of his experiments he accidentally destroyed half a town, and got banned to set hoof in it ever again. Now, we follow his story...which is about to get worst...

Interlude: Once in a Forest
Chapter 1: A Generous Favor
Chapter 2: Cave of Horrors
Submap for Chapter 2
Chapter 3: The Earth Mother
Chapter 4: Engineers Task
Chapter 5: Payback Time
Credits

132980-albums4608-picture45121.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45118.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45119.jpg

132980-albums4608-picture45120.jpg

- Fixed a bug that mesed unit colors in Mission 1
- Fixed a bug that caused Grudge to gain two yellow keys in Mission 2
- Mission 2a now uses fog instead of cinematic mask (in order to display health bars and tooltips)
- Lowered the cost of Magnetic Field to 90 (from 100)

- UPDATED with the current patch.

Keywords:
Hoof of Honor, HyperActive, Tauren, RPG, Dwarf, Furbolg, JASS, vJASS, AI
Contents

Hoof of Honor (Campaign)

Reviews
09:39, 21st Jun 2008 Rui: Approved! The campaign lacks music use of quality, but the story is good.

M

09:39, 21st Jun 2008
Rui: Approved! The campaign lacks music use of quality, but the story is good.

Level 3
Nice work for a first try.

The Terrain is good but could be improved in some parts. (especially the 2nd Chapter)

The story and the gameplay are ok,but the game itself needs more dialogues,some maps ends without a cinematic or a word of the heroes.

The Items and the abilities are good and very well descripted.

I like the custom skins and the icons.
(you have also created the scorescreen icons so that's a point in your favor)

- I've found a bug In the 2nd map,the dwarf in his inventory has 2 yellow keys.
- I've also found some grammar errors in the cinematics.

Overall:
Good but could be improved.

What do you need:
Improved Terrain (more doodads)
Better Character Design (more dialogues)
Grammar errors fixed (in some cinematics)

If you fix these things I give you a 10\10.

Level 8
Thanks for the constructive criticism!
I must admit that I've rushed some things in the making of HoH, but as it was my first campaign, it didn't turned as bad as it could. I'm thinking of starting another one, currently I'm working on the story. We'll see how it goes from there.

Level 3
Hi HyperActive, Great Campaign. But may i ask you, How do you make that Cave soo you can run trough it with no model liek in Cave of Horrors. Please answer

Level 8
Thanks.
It's nothing hard really, you just put the elevator objects (from the doodads pallet-Bridges/Ramps section). Then you just make the triggers that make units visible/invisible when they enter/leave the cave.
Just open the map in world editor and you'll see.

Level 1
Great, fun, campaign. But whats the point of the base in the last level? It just seems like they are there only for you to rush to the enemy base and save them from dying. Also when they respawn guys they stay by the totem instead of going to the towers, so the towers just get owned.

Level 8
To change any doodad height, hold down ctrl and keep pressing pageDown or pageUp (depending if you want to increase or decrease the height).

Thanks SargentBoston, yeah I've kind of rushed it at the end. I started loosing inspiration, and hurried to finish it.

Is any moderator gonna review this? It's 2 and a half months in queue.

Level 3
Hmm, i just located a bug in Map four, when youre gonna get back to ashenvale, the building spot builds the building if you go there, even though you dont have all the things you need

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Approved. Here are some good and bad aspects...

[+]What most reinforces this campaign: custom spells.
[+]The story is something between a drama and a comedy, the introduction was fun.
[+]A mix of Blizzard's sub-maps with Return of the Dragon's cave-walking.
[?]Grammatical mistakes. This doesn't affect the gameplay though. What is with people and "Elfs" anyway?
[+/-]Somewhat original storyline, inside the Warcraft lore. However, the story could have been different and a bit more interesting. A Tauren who is interested in mechanics, that part was the most original in my opinion. But Furbolgs? :\ (I'm not asking you to change this by the way)
[+/-]Terrain is OK, the roads are good, however, the parts outside it could use some work. Right now it looks too plain, especially outside the roads where there's little to no elevation.
[-]Heroes take food, usually Campaign heroes do not take food. In the Tauren mission, we could hire some extra warriors with that food.
[-]The missions themselves are usually boring and bring little or nothing new to the game.
[-]The Earth Mother mission takes too long to be completed, I didn't finish the campaign because when I drew attention to the defenses, Neparne died. Guess what? 12 seconds left for the Rampage to end. Going through it all again? No way.
A 25 or 20 minute resistance would be perfect in my opinion.
[-]Some items are a bit imbalanced. You spend the entire game searching for useful items only to find charged items, and after you defeat a boss you get a wand that boosts your stats, your life regeneration, your mana, etc. There could be more permanent items and less strong campaign items.
[-]The most awful in Hoof of Honor: the music. Not only loops of pursuit themes and other campaign-music are annoying, as the music chosen just doesn't fit. And the worst is that they are sounds, so even if you disable it, the music won't stop.
About disabling sounds and enabling music, sorry, no, I personally like to know I'm in Warcraft.

My rating for this resource is 3/5 (Useful). Spells certainly are good, but they don't make up a campaign.

Last edited:
Level 2
good compaing man

some probleme with the language you need to work on the story more and also the map

rate 3/5

nice rate for your first compaing i hope youll keep up the good work

kingkrick

Level 8
Sure, it's nothing hard really.
I haven't made any AI before the campaign and all you need is some basics of JASS and some patience. The thing that helped me was Moyacks tutorial about Campaign AI (you can find it at wc3c, http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=87999) and those Blizzard AI in the DemoCampaign (you can find it in you /campaign folder in the wc3 directory). Just look through it, it shouldn't be too hard, you'll see the pattern.

Come to think of it, the hardest thing is balancing it out.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Actually the only bug I found was that sometimes Brown would train his units, but not send them to defend the base. They would just stay there doing nothing.

Some other bugs I found: campaign heroes cost food, in the last level Kodo Beasts throw axes :p, and Spirit Walkers are Initiate level, you could make their upgrades expensive and allow the player to buy them so Nepharne's gold is used for something. A shop with purchasable charged items could also be useful.
In the last cinematic, there is also a bug. I lost too much HP and had to run, but the betrayer Furbolg came after me, he was low HP and I had some mana so I defeated him. In the cinematic, the betrayer furbolg ran somewhere, though everything proceeded normally, he was just not there.

P.S - Thank you for telling me about the AI.

Last edited:
Level 1
3.5/5 With a few small changes it would be better.

It was a pretty good campaign but there are still a few bugs. In Pay Back the buildings started to run from me. Some of the levels seem too hard. The timer for planting bombs in payback should be shortened too.

The characters were nice. Custom spells is always a plus but Grudge was a little bit weak.

The story was decent but nothing overly exciting. It was easily predictable after the plot was setup. There are a lot of spelling and grammar errors throughout the whole campaign. Between those errors and the lack of personality in the dialogue the writing could use a major overhaul.

Overall, it was a good map and I enjoyed playing it. There were a few AoS type maps littered in there which was a refreshing change.

Level 2
Im not sure if anyone else knows about this bug but when u get that drawf dude if u skip the cinamatic before the box breaks he spawns WAY OVER on the other side of the map and you cant finish the mission without the key he is holding

Level 13
sounds pretty nice. im gonna dl and try it right now.
btw, in the demo campaign and blizzards other campaigns, did blizzard then use JASS to make their AI, and can you plz post a link to a good guide to come into JASS? cus i rly wanna make some AI myself.
Else its fine if you can post a program which i can make AI with too :D

Level 8
You have two types of AI: melee and campaign. To write an AI, yes you need to know a bit of jass, but it's not very hard, there are special commands that are easy to understand. Just search the tutorial section here and at wc3c, and you'll find a great tutorial by Moyack that helped me a lot.

Level 1
Wow, think I found a Bug, in the 1st mision, when the night elf appears near the gate, you lose your inventory... I lost the health potion that I got from the satyr :/
Edit: wow, it dropped o_O but the potion was there anyway lol

Level 3
Nice job, an easy though enjoyable campaign! When are we gonna see the next episode :)
The only thing I didn't much like was the moving buildings in the final mission. Anyway, my rate'll be

4/5

Keep up the good work

Level 1
why it wont work!!!

i want to ask a question.... if u have time can u pls answer it? =.=

well... i really want to try this map out but when i start the first stage,

Chapter One
A Generous Favor

it just doesn't work....

what comes out is just black screen...

i tried it also on my bro's com but it also doesn't work...

if u have time pls answer my question, if not its ok, take ur time

:D:D:D:D:D:D advance tnx :D:D:D:D:D

P.S. maybe my computer lacks video card??..

Last edited:
Level 5
well i wud rate 5/5 when i saw the interlude , but too bad at the 2 chapter i got a black screen ( error ) if you can fix it thx but i wont rate because only the interlude worked for me
Ubdate: plz fix this error because i think this is an awsome campgain

Level 3
How can this map be approved. I cant even load the first mission(just a black screen). Does anyone know why?

This map used to work normally some time ago. I guess it doesn't work with recent paches, a pity, since it was quite unique and enjoyable. The same goes for Day of the Dragon..

HyperActive: I do not know exactely the extent of effort you need to put in it, but perhaps making your map playable with recent patches might not require an insane ammount of work.

Level 8
I would like to recode a couple of things, using vJass and so on.
I'll try and fix the campaign in the next few days.

CAMPAIGN UPDATED!
Should be working with the current patch, let me know if you run into a bug or something and I will fix it ASAP.
Notice that the gramatical errors still remain.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, i'll test it...

Well, nice Campaign (i'm now on Chapter III), but here are some suggestions:
-The stone Giants in Chapter I are too overpowered.
-The Keys in Chapter II can't be dropped (i can't pick up all my items and i need to drop some.)
-"Magnetic Field" spell costs too much mana (100), maybe decrease it to 80 will be good?
-In the submap of Chapter II you should use fog instead of mask (with triggers). The item and spell info can't be seen, if you use mask.

That's all, for now...

Level 8
Update, once again. Also, added some screenies to the first post as well as a small changelog.
Done most of the things you've noticed Blood Raven (except the stone golems, since you don't have to kill them, I didn't nerfed them).
I was supposed to fix the fog in submap a long time ago, now it's done.
Also, the thing with Grudge getting sometimes two yellow keys is now resolved.

Thanks for the suggestions. If there is anything else, let me know. That goes to everyone who plays the campaign.

Level 2
Sorry but i can't pass the second lvl. I got all 3 key and i open the gate in the middle but i can't pass the force field

Level 8
@KingLich
That was posted quite some time now, but after opening this campaign to fix it, I really have that mapping itch again. I just may start a new campaign.

You need to destroy the barrels of explosive to the left, and find a lever in the "lava place". After destroying the lever, the fence around the power generator will be destroyed, and you can aproach it. Just destroy it (press A and target the power generator) and the gate to the right will be opened.

SnY

SnY

Level 1
:fp: BUG!!!!!!? Did someone ever realise it? Try using Neparne Drill 9000X abilities.. cast it and quickly press "S" to stop it casting Animation. the spell is casted but it does not affect the cooldown and mana used to cast it. You can spam using it!

Last edited: