• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Honour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Yesterday I got a nice idea of what would be cool to add to characters that will make them more unique. This idea is adding some sort of religions to characters.
Characters will be able to chose a certain Honoured Person (from the storyline) that will benefit different stats for their class in addition to spells and abilities.
Each 2 levels the class will be able to improve this Honouring by chosing between certain Honour points. These Honor points can unlock bonusses or abilities for the class. Each class will have his own Honoured Persons to chose between.

Example:
Berserker Honouring.

Gromgarash the Trembler.
Role: Riding on his Warwolf Gromgarash was the captain of the Worglash Warriors. The Worglash Warriors was a group of rampaging orcs riding on bloodthirsty wolves. The Worglash Warriors were the elite warriors of the orc race and were treaten with honour and respect among the entire Bloodlust Clan.
Basic Ability: Horn of the Trembler. By blowing the horn of the trembler you will gain 35% attack speed for 6 seconds.
Passive Bonus example: Increases the critical strike chance of your Rampaging Slash by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Final Ability: Aid of the Trembler. Summons a group of Worglash Warriors to assist you in combat for 12 seconds. (channeled spell)

Lorthas Korgrom.
Role: Lorthas was the king of the orcs. He built Korgrom fortress and named it to himself after defeating the undead inhabitants of the area. Lorthas was a mighty warrior with 2 axes in his hands and 2 giant bucklers attached to his bracers.
Basic Ability: For Korgrom! Increases the damage done by all nearby friendly players by 20% for 6 seconds.
Passive Bonus example: Increases the chance to block attacks by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Final Ability: Korgrom's Might. Increases your chance to block attacks by 25% and each attack blocked increases your damage done by 5% (cannot occur more then once every second). Lasts for 12 seconds.

Those examples will give players the opportunity to chose between dpsing or tanking with the Berserker class.

What do you think of this idea?

Last edited:
Level 19
excellent

can you code blocking systems? or are you gonna do that with evasion?

Yep got a coded system for it. Didn't like the "miss" everytime and it should also work for physical abilities instead of just auto attacks so I used a system where physical damage can be dodged, blocked or parried.

Level 25
I belived the term you wanted to use was "Favoured", honoured sounds strange is you ask me :p

Anyway nice idea, it reminds me of NWN where you could choose your deity.

But religions? I would just make it that there is a selection of deities that you can choose on your char creation but it is your rpg, the basic idea is original and that matters :)

Level 19
I belived the term you wanted to use was "Favoured", honoured sounds strange is you ask me :p

Anyway nice idea, it reminds me of NWN where you could choose your deity.

But religions? I would just make it that there is a selection of deities that you can choose on your char creation but it is your rpg, the basic idea is original and that matters :)

Yeah it was a cool idea.
But we decided not to use it (yet).
We first implement some sort of talents, and who knows we will even rename that to deity or something haha:D

Level 19
Are you gonna make a group of beta testers?

I would like to test it when the beta comes out =)

Yep. Dunno when yet, will still take a while.
But I can add you to our mailing list where we mail people with new screenshots/videos or information of what we've recently done.
I will write a new update this weekend.
Just send me a pm with your e-mail if youre interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.