• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiveworkshop Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
:spell_breaker: Hiveworkshop Heroes:spell_breaker:

A Brief Introduction and faq to Hiveworkshop Heroes:

- Map Type: Hero Defence, (4 Landes, defend the central object over many waves of double posters etc)

Number of Player: Yet to be decided

Number of Heroes available: Currently 24... As of release, might be more, might be less.

Can you be in it?: No...

Why Not: Because Hiveworkshop Heroes consists of those who have contributed to the Hive.

Is there ANY way I can be in it: Yep

How?: Donate at least $10 to the hive in the month of september (I'm not saying just to get into the map, but to get colour in chat also :grin:)

Will Wc3c feature?: Nope

Are you using imported models: YES, Quite a few

OMG That user shouldn't be in it: Tough shit...

When will the map be released: Before December I hope

Who will be working with you?: Mr. Goblin, Verhalthur, Redscore and Coconut.

What is the storyline?: (Atm has yet to be fully finished)

Have you got any screenshots?: http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq215/Verhalthur/wip.jpg?t=1221774192

This screenshot was some of the terrain. It will be suject to many edits dw, and I'll probably remove the fire ^^. Don't comment on the screensht atm please.

Does Squiggy Pwn?: yes, Squigg Pwns...

FAQ finito. I hope that has cleared many questions.
For Pyrities map that inspired this one see: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/when-servers-collide-45239/

(Also... Anyone willing to create a Pink Penguin like in this avatar may also be in =P)

Finally - Most map development places for this project have been taken. If you are not on the list... the chances you'll be included are slim. HOWEVER, ONE major position has been unfilled and I need someone helps.
Basically, I am finding it difficult to get a simple website working. I have the domain and such, but I am looking for anyone who is willing to help me set it up - they will be granted a permanent place within the map and the team.
If you feel you can help me out here... please leave a message!

Last edited:
Level 3
Story:
With the news of HiveWorkshops success, a blood-red sun is ascending above the virtual world known as "Nemesis" a world designed to forcefully remove any site that is reaching high popularity and so the gateways between the two worlds were opened, as the corrupted forces of "Nemesis" made leaps between the several related worlds that came inbetween they would feed on their bandwidht creating new armies at every destination before finally, tearing up the peacefull air surrounding The Hive.
As the jumped out of the rifts created, landing on the ground forming clouds of dust underneith their weight it would seem as if all hope had been sucked out of the server, they gazed upon the lands as they set up their encampments

Grasping onto their arms the heroes of the Hive rush out towards the enemy encampment

The Heroes of the Hive must now defend it before the bandwidht is consumed and "Nemesis" moves onward
-i can continue this if you like it..

Level 13
How many heroes are you going to make? And what kind of units will you use as the "attackers"?

Level 14
Story: Lirch turns on us and forms two minor bots to be his generals(mini-bosses) called Birch and Larch(and you could also add Hakeem's 8-ball bot). The three bots seek vengeance on the people that questioned them so many annoying questions on the chat and plan to destroy Ralle, thus destroying the whole server and every member on it.

Last edited:
Level 5
The Hive living peacefully until one day hell break loose and 101 naps joined the forum the forum instantly filling the Forum with crap like: "LuLz TeH sUCk" "U N00b" the Model section with Naruto and Sasuke modells based on a grunt and many many more.

The hive crying in pain sends out his strongest Heros who answer the call and take up the might banhammer (their has to be an item with that name in the game !!!) to defeat the nabs. On their arrival they find the truth behind these naps Darky's Ghost has risen and trying to take over the hive as its own.

Why not make Wc3c our enemies, which come with enemies like vexorian, 1337-jerk elitist etc?

Vexorian is earning thousands of dollars, and is a legend in programming communitis, so bitch plz.

Also, conflict between wc3c and THW would be just bad, cause it is done before, and because those communities don't really fight or something (most users have accounts on both sites anyway).

Level 34
Since we talked about the bots, why not have it like this:

January the 1st, 2009.

Ralle announces to have constructed a full automated script-bot[citation needed] that'll be able to run the server and site 24/7, by it's own. After a few test runs at the Request thread and such he hooks the bot up with the main server. Although some virus problems have occured at Ralle's computer, due those minor issues, he still decided to let the bot be actived against the protests of some high ranked staff members.

Few days later..

Ralle inserts the Bot that has also add-ons and backup scripts from Lirch and Hakeem's bot into the main server and tehN.. 000110.. 010101000..

Page not found - 404

Level 34
Well, Hive is going awesome with WC3C as counterpart, but they always want to be beyond Hive, so their ,,superior'' stuff get idea. They somehow via spies frostwhisper andAsh somehow get authorisation over Lirch. Pyritie gave them control over Lirch for one hour to try somehow to enhance him. But they actually enhanced him, but in another purpose. They installed him some kind of advanced WC3C X-n00b virus created by WC3C coders... It will make Lirch to serve Hive better for limited time, but it's only mask, to cover reall plan of WC3C's mad brains. To rolle over Hive. Actually they enhanced Lirch to became more inteligence, but to work against Hive, to sabotage Work. Lirch is conected with his Master Pyritie, so they can see Pyrities movements via corrupted Lirch, But Pyritie is Moderator, he has acess to mod's Lobby and such, so they also can see whats going on there. So thanks to Lirch, WC3C stuff know some Hive's passwords and whats going on, so they know how to defend themselves after Hive's counter-attack (logical WC3C will attack first), so WC3C are preparing to attack Hive on sleep actually. They start to activate their sleep-servant here. People who are registered and loyal WC3C-s only, but they are registered here. Everything is prepering to attack. Main aim to defeat some anti-WC3C peoplle especially moderators. After that they are planing to strike on hight-armoured and defended administration of Hiveworkshop with Great Ralle leader. Whan they prepare attack, MasterHaosis notice that something is wrong with Lirch. He is smart last period (usually Lirch is more stupid than my grandmother), so MasterHaosis doubts at something (cause he has gift to noticesome hidden or silent happenings), and report that issue to Admins. Admins checks Lirch for any case, and they see that really is some strange with him. Thanks to our braniac Samuraid the coder, he found that vorus and eliminated it. But its pointless cause WC3C are in big progress with prepairing, they have knowledge about some things here. Samuraid however make counter-virus to slow down or disable on some period WC3C's system, to get time for Hive. But Admins started to act quickly, they called our famaus Heroes General Frank, Kimberly, LioneSS,and others. Pyritie, (Lirch's Master) voluntered for this job cause he and his stupid bot did that. Samuraid start repeairing with Ralle things which Lirch damaged. Mecheon the mighty with Ghan_04 is here and PurplePoot for any case if they attack to early. Now what will be, Wc3c has knowledge almost ready people for atatck spies are everywhere, They system is ready, they have advantage. With other side thanks to MasterHaosis threat has noticed, so Hive still has it's ready Heores, Samuraid made counter-virus to slow down Wc3C, Ralle and Samuraid are fixing things so quickly, Mecheon and Ghan are ready to defend with many moderators, PurplePoot are changing things and paswords which Lirch revealed to WC3C. Hive's heroes must attack WC3C to get more time for Hive's defence. What will happen, comming soon.
Was it good ? Okay people I think I deserve applause for that!

Level 12
HappyTauren is a damn fanboy, well, vexorian is just a guy like any others, if you love him so much go to him in real life and kiss his shoes.

Whatever. I hope the enemies get good. :D

You have Vexorian to thank for vJass, as well as a majority of helpful tools for map making. Not a fanboy or anything, I'm just not that ignorant.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is not a chatroom, stop posting messages with only an emoticon.

Also, if you're going to make a map that insults any members of Wc3C, I can tell you right away that the Hive will not support it. Our bounds to Wc3Campaigns are already quite acid, the last thing we want is a war because of a map.
~Thread Cleaned (14 posts deleted)

Last edited:
Level 15
Lol, very nice project. Lets put in some stories :D
Story 1: The Hive Workshop has been one of the best places for WC3 World Editor Discussion and more. However, a group of Warcraft haters found the site and decided to start their Warcraft Hate Campaign from here... Will The Hive be able to survive the onslaught of these Warcraft Haters' viruses and eventually, the people themselves?
Story 2: It has been many years since The Hive Workshop was first created and may improvements have been made since then. However, while improving the site, Ralle's computer went haywire and the scipts went faulty. Soon, waves of viruses started invading the site. The members of The Hive Workshop must now unite and protect The Hive Workshop until Ralle can get that bug fixed!
The second story is really lol :p

Level 13
Here's my one :
The Hive Workshop was one of the best places for maps , mapmaking discussions and a huge database . But IceFrog didn't like that , he wanted DotA to be the only map played on battle.net , so he called all the DotA Fans (the bad guys) and started journey to destroy THW . THW troops were greatly outnumbered , so Ralle asked for reinforcements from Thehelper.net , wc3campaigns and epicwar . Our goal is to survive till the reinforcements arrive .

Level 13
Stating that Jurists are elitists is being elitist himself. Just make heroes based on active users in Hive (we aren't that many...) and done.
Jurists are the veterans or the most active users here in Hive, it doesn't mean they are better or worse than any other user.

Level 13
First, the HW rules forbid maps with WoW rips. Second, a map using WoW rips would be too big to play it decently...

Level 3
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, I havn't read through all the posts but I think you should make a boss named "Double post". :p

Level 13
Listen to what he has to say. It's his map. He decide.
If you hate us jurists so much go and rant somewhere else. Some place someone cares.
QFT. Otherwise... StaSman, don't turn Hoasis's soporters and friends to automatic enemies of the Jury. In the recent debate about this I was on Hoasis's side, but my opinion doesn't mean I hate any of the Jurists.

lets say the hive is being corrupted by a ''virus'' and all the moderators and admin got ''corruted'' by the same virus.. and they take control of everybody to make the supremasie.. but than! new members comes to the site.. and see that it have been corrupted.. so they decide remove the virus from the forum! so each time your killing a unit corrupted.. it turns back to normal.. so instead of killing random Manga dude.. like it have been said before.. we will be killing all the moderators and members all known.. (Rue, Hawkwing, Hakeem, MH, Frost..etc..etc..)

Level 7
Like the idea but there are some people that deserve spots in the game. I know you said to not ask for hero, and I'm not, I'm suggesting people you may wanna' consider for heroes :D.

Frostwhisper- He's "t3h 1337" at terrains and has tons of rep (lolrep).
MySpaceBarBroke- Dude that guys fucking funny. (Inactive?)
Ralle- You didn't mention him in main post but just incase you're not adding him... Add him.
~Void~- Also 1337 terrains. He's also nice!

You might wanna' include mods like Gilles (he's good at terrains to! Yay for terrains!) and Rui, for there contribution and dedication to the site.

I highly suggest you not give StasMan a hero as he is not a veteran, and likes to spam projects all over map developement and never complete them. Don't take that as flame, rather truth.

mouhahhaa okay well i could make a skin or 2 or even 3 or more.. but i need a list of all the moderators you will have as a unit, hero, or boss in your map

and i will need everybodys help.. cause for example.. Void = what do you want to be? i guest a flying happy red reputation face.. is abit ..wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.