• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Trees... trees are weird. The way they work is that they are a variation of a bunch of completely separate models, mostly 5. The model that they use is called a <Base> model, which consists of said separate models. The worst part is that you cannot make a new base model, as they do not exist in the mpq. Don't get me wrong, I can make the trees with your desired alpha filters. However, you may need to replace a base tree that you don't use in your map. Name a tree type, then I'll whip the invisible ones for you.

The WorldTree model is not a problem, as it's just a single model.

Trees... trees are weird. The way they work is that they are a variation of a bunch of completely separate models, mostly 5. The model that they use is called a <Base> model, which consists of said separate models. The worst part is that you cannot make a new base model, as they do not exist in the mpq. Don't get me wrong, I can make the trees with your desired alpha filters. However, you may need to replace a base tree that you don't use in your map. Name a tree type, then I'll whip the invisible ones for you.

The WorldTree model is not a problem, as it's just a single model.
Awesome! You can safely replace Felwood Tree Wall, However the model needs to be similar to the Ashenvale canopy tree. Also the invisibility needs to be an animation of the tree so I can play the animation and make the trees invisible with triggers when units are behind them.

What if you just make the canopy variations? I can import them and fix the base model myself by importing vexorians dummy model under the Ashenvale canopy tree model name.

Alright then. This one is gonna take a while, because trees are hard to understand. I just found out that the animations does not work unless the tree model is attached to a base model. The WorldTree is done, but give me a day or two for the canopy trees.
Awesome, I will test it right away! Thanks for your hard work :)

EDIT: Is it possible to make the world tree a tad bit more visible? I realize now that 70% might have been overkill, sorry about that. Maybe 50%?

Level 3
Help me "simple" edit model.

I need
high elf slyvanas windrunner and bloodelf sorceres using rifleman weapon.
For slyvanas : Remove her bow and quiver. Dont forget change his attack and walk animation into rifleman
For sorceres : just change his attack animation and walk

After some more testing it seems that the trees are now always slightly transparent, even in their "Stand" animation. Is there any way to fix this? If not then I don't mind, it works perfectly for all other intended purposes.

screenshot_1-png.336909

screenshot_2-png.336910

After some more testing it seems that the trees are now always slightly transparent, even in their "Stand" animation. Is there any way to fix this? If not then I don't mind, it works perfectly for all other intended purposes.

screenshot_1-png.336909

screenshot_2-png.336910

Oh, sorry. I can't fix that. You see, models have a filter type that parts of them use. The original WorldTree uses no filter type, thus not enabling to have their alpha channel (visibility) change. I switched the ghost version into Blend for just this reason.

Oh, sorry. I can't fix that. You see, models have a filter type that parts of them use. The original WorldTree uses no filter type, thus not enabling to have their alpha channel (visibility) change. I switched the ghost version into Blend for just this reason.
Ah ok no problem, I will use it as it is then. When in game it's not that visible anyway :)

Level 21
You can avoid this by using two material layers with a different filter mode, one for each sequence.

Attachments

• Worldtree_Ghost.mdx
    72.8 KB · Views: 43
@FeelsGoodMan So I just found out that Ashenvale and Felwood uses the same tree model. You're gonna have to name a different tree.
The Lordareon fall tree should be fine. I don't remember if that's the actual name but it's the brown version of the Lordareon summer tree :p

Okay, here are the files. Once you import them, change their file path into:

Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree0S.mdl
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree1S.mdl
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree3S.mdl

On your tree Destructible, set the model's path to " Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree " and the Art - Model File - Variation to 3.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is that I think that you can just replace the original Ashen Canopy trees with these files, since they have a normal, visible animation that you can switch to Alternate for the ghost effect.

Attachments

• LordaeronTree0S.mdx
    6.5 KB · Views: 46
  • LordaeronTree1S.mdx
    6.4 KB · Views: 42
  • LordaeronTree2S.mdx
    6.4 KB · Views: 45
Okay, here are the files. Once you import them, change their file path into:

Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree0S.mdl
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree1S.mdl
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree3S.mdl

On your tree Destructible, set the model's path to " Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree " and the Art - Model File - Variation to 3.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is that I think that you can just replace the original Ashen Canopy trees with these files, since they have a normal, visible animation that you can switch to Alternate for the ghost effect.
Hmm they showed up as white trees when I did that, but here's what I did (and what I normally do with trees and other doodads with several variations).

1: import all of them and change names to
  • LordaeronTree0.mdl
  • LordaeronTree1.mdl
  • LordaeronTree2.mdl

2: Import Vexorian's dummy unit under the name LordaeronTree.

3: Make a new destructible and set its variations to 3 and change its model to LordaeronTree.

So as you suggested, I will just replace the Ashenvale canopy trees in my map and then it will work perfectly.

I will test the invisibility now (my map takes a bit of time to save so please bear with me :))

EDIT: Everything works perfectly! Now I can have my big ass trees without blocking the view! Thanks to @xYours Trulyx and @Hermit for enabling me to have awesome shit in my map :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Would it be possible to re-wrap the fence on this town hall with a...darker? Texture. I don't have too much preference but maybe the texture from the human stone wall or City doodads (since I have a black skin on those).
WorgenManor
The green just looks out of place. Also, can you please change the floor inside the wall and outside the door of the building to just flat grass or, better yet, nothing at all? Thanks ^_^

Would it be possible to re-wrap the fence on this town hall with a...darker? Texture. I don't have too much preference but maybe the texture from the human stone wall or City doodads (since I have a black skin on those).
WorgenManor
The green just looks out of place. Also, can you please change the floor inside the wall and outside the door of the building to just flat grass or, better yet, nothing at all? Thanks ^_^

Well, you're in luck! I just started learning texture wrapping and UV editing. I'll try to work on it as soon as I can. Provide me the stone wall skins you use so I'll know which part of the skin I should rewrap.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, you're in luck! I just started learning texture wrapping and UV editing. I'll try to work on it as soon as I can. Provide me the stone wall skins you use so I'll know which part of the skin I should rewrap.

Sure thing. I'm using the following for my City Buildings and doodads.

Attachments

• CW_Buildings Custom.blp
    221.6 KB · Views: 93
  • CityStructures.blp
    60.6 KB · Views: 49

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

As for the base, I'm really open to ideas. It just looks wonky atm cause the foundation for the normal town hall doesn't ally with this one and yeah.

Thanks!

Don't worry though, I am still working on the forest but that's a huge open world RPG and takes a lot of time so I do some tiny projects on the side now and then.

Here's a very early WIP;

download-png.337656

You sure have a lot of free time. I can't even finish the first chapter of my personal campaign about the mighty Brann Bronzebeard, and it's been 2 months.

Can someone edit the following models so they don't disappear from sight when they get close to the edges?

I read something about it here but I'm afraid I will break something if I do it myself. According to that thread it should be fairly simple?

I can provide the textures if necessary.

EDIT: I tried doing it myself but I am getting an error when trying to save it :(

EDIT2: I was able to save it now but the model won't load.

EDIT3: Also I realize that the models might need to be scaled up. If someone can tell me how to do it with one of them I will fix the rest myself!

Attachments

• Armory.mdx
    96.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Barracks.mdx
    210.7 KB · Views: 91
  • bunker.mdx
    55.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Center.mdx
    389.7 KB · Views: 83
  • EngineeringBay.mdx
    89.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Factory.mdx