• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 2
Hi, I've been discovering and using Hive to download (mostly models) as a guest for a long time, so I thank you for your service. however yesterday I decided to create an account to comment and participate because I need some models for the completion of my altered map that I can't find in any specialized site and dedicated to the Warcraft editor even here, and misses me and I guess it's the ideal thread to request them right ???
Those models are as follows:
Root creeper corrupt (ie violet), green Mannoroth with the animations of the Lord of the Pit (since the officers are very bad) with hero glow and an elf crossbow without hero shine, with animation of crossbow attack only thank you in advance to those who believe them.

PS: become models, because I found some but they are only textures.

Level 2
hi, first time here, I have made the TC version of HerrDave's Scarlet Crusader Pack since it's too bland to me and could be better off with TC version so i'm make it,
and I'm asked HerrDave for permission.
Hope you enjoy it.

(Name)

Screenshot

TC Scarlet Crusader Pack

Description: Team Colored version of Scarlet Crusader Pack
Resource Type: Model & Texture
Filesize: 750 KB
Credits: HerrDave
Path: ScarletChampion.blp, ScarletChampionTC.blp, ScarletWarriorTC.blp

Attachments

• TCSCarlet.jpg
    TCSCarlet.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 609
  • Scarlet Crusader (Pack TC).rar
    750.6 KB · Views: 134
Level 26
Hi!
I don't know if it is possible, but I'd like this effect to always appear on top of others. Also, if it could be made 50% larger, that be great.
I'm only interested in the death animation to ahve these changes, the rest doesn't matter.
Abilities\Weapons\PriestMissile\PriestMissile.mdl

Hi!
I don't know if it is possible, but I'd like this effect to always appear on top of others. Also, if it could be made 50% larger, that be great.
I'm only interested in the death animation to ahve these changes, the rest doesn't matter.
Abilities\Weapons\PriestMissile\PriestMissile.mdl

What do you mean by "on top of others"?

You know how lightning effects appear over/on top of everything, even over terrain they are supposed to be behind? Like that. :)
Aah. Only the death animation, eh? Try this. I haven't tested it myself, but it should work in theory.

Attachments

• PriestMissile50.mdx
    47.8 KB · Views: 70
Thanks, but it does not work, unfortunately. :/
View attachment 347276

Oh, you want the effect to not appear behind the footman? Well, I don't think that's possible. I think priority planes only work if the footman model is part of the effect's model as well.

Uhh, @Hermit, we need your help with this one.

Level 21
What about using billboards in a helper to do the trick. Trying to lock into one axis.
Using the "Billboard Lock Z" flag and moving the emitter by approximately 50 along the X axis would make the effect appear in front of a smaller unit, e.g. footman, but the effect would still not be able to be seen on top when used on a larger unit or when there is anything in front of the unit (another unit, doodad, terrain).

By the way, why do you suggest using a helper for this? I think it's unnecessary since the flags can be used in all types of nodes, including particle emitters themselves.

Level 27
By the way, why do you suggest using a helper for this? I think it's unnecessary since the flags can be used in all types of nodes, including particle emitters themselves.

Was half sleep, typing from a phone.

About the model, i'm going to guess that if there is a substitute method could be making a model for small units, and other for bigger units, like Jetfang inferno effects. But i can guess that coding is going to be a pain.

Unless using a mix between billboard Z for particles and "No Depth Test" for the things that are allowed.

Level 8
Hello ! Can someone do a version of ''Kingdom come'' model (spell) from Mythic to green (fel one) ? I asked him and he said he will not recolor but he can allow someone to do it ! If someone is interested :)

This spell : Kingdom Come

Im kinda bored so I'll just share this one here it might be useful to few people.

Punching Bag by sleep[XGM]

Description: The ideal model for venting anger and envy.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize: 8KB
Credits: sleep[XGM] - Reanimated by me (No need to credit me credit the original author instead)
Path: No Import

upload_2020-2-28_13-34-3.png
[/tab]

Attachments

• Punching Bag Reanimated.mdx
    4.6 KB · Views: 106
I think you can pretty much post any request here, and if anyone wants to do it they will.

Fair enough, in that case:

If anyone is willing I'd be very thankful if someone could remove the hero glow from the Reforged Rexxar model (and add death decay animations though this isn't strictly necessary)

And if they could add the Evil Arthas cinematic animations to the Fallen King Arthas model, remove the horns from the crown and replace Frostmourne with Lord Nicholas Buzan's sword. I would be forever thankful and will give credits in my campaign!

Last edited:
Can someone make the attached model look nice in the night time? I read something about it in this thread, but I don't fully understand how to do it myself.

At daytime, looks nice:
download-png.352447

At night time, looks bad:
download-1-png.352446

Attachments

• GrassFlowers.blp
    86.5 KB · Views: 103
  • GrassTallFlowersPriorityPlane-100.mdx
    11.1 KB · Views: 92
Level 21
I don't fully understand how to do it myself.
Open the model with War3 Model Editor; go to Windows > Material Manager; double-click the Material; double-click the Material Layer and uncheck the "Unshaded" flag.

This will allow the model to be affected by shadows. However, you should know that some models look really bad with shadows and the "Unshaded" material flag is often used to hide this.

Last edited:
Open the model with War3 Model Editor; go to Windows > Material Manager; double-click the Material; double-click the Material Layer and uncheck the "Unshaded" flag.

This will allow the model to be affected by shadows. However, you should know that some models look really bad with shadows and the "Unshaded" material flag is often used to hide this.
Unfortunately that looked even worse :(
download-2-png.352484

Thanks for the tips though.

I think your best bet is to open up the doodad and give it transition animations, tinting it darker each step.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. I tried your DNC model stuff, and it works fine except this grass doodad is unshaded and will be butt green no matter what kind of light settings I enable. And if I leave it unshaded it will look fine during the night, but not during day like you see in the screenshot. FeelsBadMan.

Level 6
Hello, can you make a skin for wintery leaves for Tree of Wind, Ancient of War, Ancient of Wind, Ancient of Lore and Ancient Protector ?

Level 2
Because it has been a long time since I made a request in this thread and I still did not receive a response. I request again to please if someone with modeling knowledge can create a violet root creeper model, green Mannoroth with animations corresponding to the Pit Lord and with hero glow and also a female lich.
Thanks in advance.

Level 17
little texture trick with basilis Basilisk from -Grendel ,
chcange tunder lizard into units\Creeps\ThunderLizardSalamander\ThunderLizardSalamander.blp and harpy units\Creeps\HarpyQueen\HarpyQueen.blp and your will have this,

Attachments

• ingame texture.png
    ingame texture.png
    982 KB · Views: 246
I'm having issues with reteras editor right now, can I get one of you guys to alter the gold bounty model to be small peices of wood instead. And fix the emitters to fit that theme (be green or something). I need it for wood bounty. Preferably the lumber should be sticks, and not just wood textured coins :p

This would be very appreciated.

Here is the gold model:

Attachments

• gold.blp
    2.4 KB · Views: 103
  • star4_32.blp
    3.6 KB · Views: 82
  • GoldCredit.mdx
    15.1 KB · Views: 89
Level 4
edit0:Horseguy added, decay animation by Ujimasa Hojo
edit1:Wolffeller added
edit2:Humonarchir added
edit3:Spearmanlet added
edit4:Solder added
edit5:serdark add
edit6:caucasianmagi add
edit7:fixed and reduced filesize for mods

Attachments

• gruntfun.mdx
    87.9 KB · Views: 100
  • gruntfun_portrait.mdx
    42.7 KB · Views: 93
  • grant.JPG
    grant.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 384
  • orcheadhunter.mdx
    90.2 KB · Views: 97
  • orcheadhunter_portrait.mdx
    38.9 KB · Views: 100
  • headhanter.JPG
    headhanter.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 363
  • raiderwc1.mdx
    111.5 KB · Views: 84
  • raiderwc1_portrait.mdx
    59.3 KB · Views: 74
  • raeder.JPG
    raeder.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 410
  • horseguy.mdx
    118.3 KB · Views: 85
  • horseguy_portrait.mdx
    57.4 KB · Views: 81
  • knice.JPG
    knice.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 376
  • wolffeller.mdx
    122.8 KB · Views: 95
  • wolffeller_portrait.mdx
    60.4 KB · Views: 141
  • raederbutcoocoo.JPG
    raederbutcoocoo.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 382
  • humonarchir.mdx
    89 KB · Views: 97
  • humonarchir_portrait.mdx
    40.8 KB · Views: 97
  • rowinhoot.JPG
    rowinhoot.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 379
  • spearmanlet.mdx
    66.4 KB · Views: 101
  • spearmanlet_portrait.mdx
    25.6 KB · Views: 120
  • manspear.JPG
    manspear.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 391
  • solder.mdx
    80.3 KB · Views: 100
  • solder_portrait.mdx
    26.8 KB · Views: 103
  • conscript.JPG
    conscript.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 386
  • serdark.mdx
    211.5 KB · Views: 127
  • serdark_portrait.mdx
    57.2 KB · Views: 88
  • darknight.JPG
    darknight.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 405
  • caucasianmagi.mdx
    66.7 KB · Views: 107
  • caucasianmagi_portrait.mdx
    30.9 KB · Views: 107
  • whitewiz.JPG
    whitewiz.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Level 21
I already posted this in the regular requests forum before I discovered this thread, but can't hurt I think:

hey all,

looking for someone to edit this awesome icetroll worker model by @eubz (who already gave his permission) in the following way -

1. make him constantly have the goldbag animation (it's for a greed themed hero)
2. get rid of the pickaxe and give him some sort of dagger that makes sense with his attack animation or the "giant skeleton warrior"'s sword [I tried doing this with disarm but it ended up super buggy... ]
3. enable attack2 while holding gold (so he will have 2 functioning attack animations while constantly holding the gold)
4. maybe a casting animation if that's not too much work, even something basic
5. dissapation animation
6. hero glow (not really necessary as that's an easy fix in WE)

thanks!

Can someone open the mouth of this head? You can see I tried with the model in the archive, but it looks kinda shitty :p

Also I am able to open the mouth how I want it, but the texture is in the way :/

EDIT: I attached a retextured version, please use that one instead.

Attachments

• Statue.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Statue Retextured.rar
    663.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I would request someone kind person to edit pikachu model into darker so that it would look like dorochu (dark type pikachu).
pika01.png
pika02.png

EDIT:
Actually, it looks better with white pupils.
pika01.png

Attachments

• 025Edit2.blp
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 025Edit.mdx
    43.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 025Edit3.blp
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 025Edit (whitePupils).mdx
    43.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks, but it doesnt excactly look what i desired.
It looks too much for mr. mime and less like pikachu.

Consider it this way: In dorochu its still the same pikachu but it has inflicted by darkness so the biggest change is in the inside but it also shows outside.
You could forexample just add smoke effect to the original and darken a little bit colors and it would be perfectly what i wish for.