1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Chen, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    that's as simple as the word simple can get.

2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Simple edits of @ILH are very very good.

3. ILH

ILH

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

• City Gate

Description: Just a little mix between city doodads.
      Resource Type: Model
      Filesize: 35 kb
      Credits: ILH
      Path: -

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

• City Ruins Golem

Description: A golem made of city rubbles.
      Filesize: 89 kb
      Credits: ILH

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    that's one weird golem. Nice gate. The cake is still a lie.

5. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'd delete that spell\attack 2 animation coz his arm is not realy moving all that much in it. I mean, he has his other arm working very well, and not that trash golem operating with a single arm while having both is a bad thing:)

6. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Those City golems can work so well in a revisited version of the undead campaign. Last trick for the Archmages, make golems with parts of the city.

7. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Heh, that's some desperate attempt :D

8. ILH

ILH

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe I'll just let it as it is, the golem could just throw that column part as a spell ;)
    ikr ;-;

Attached Files:

9. Relendril

Relendril

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ^
    ??? ?

12. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    ^
    ??? ??? ( :" dudes?)

13. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:

• Paladin with teamcolor weapon shaft
      [​IMG]
      Description: Exactly what it says in the title + tc'ed his trousers too.
      Filesize: small enough
      Credits: Blizzard, Ujimasa Hojo

[​IMG]

• Mountain King with teamcolor weapon shaft
      [​IMG]
      Description: Exactly what it says in the title.
      Credits: Blizzard, Ujimasa Hojo

[​IMG]

• Orc Fortress fixed Teamcolor
      [​IMG]
      Description: Blizz forgot to add ReplaceableTexture ID 1 for an material, causing teamcolored ribbons on decorative bones to turn black upon upgrading to tier3.
      Credits: Blizzard

[​IMG]

• Crypt Texture edit
      [​IMG]
      Description: Tried this upon noticing Altar of Darkness texture similarity to Crypt's texture.
      Resource Type: Skin
      Credits: Blizzard
      Path: Buildings\Undead\Crypt\NewCreepyScaryCrypt.blp

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  14. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    BTNAlphaKnightRemake.png
    also here an simple icon for wojia10502's Knight model.

Attached Files:

15. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Definition of simple edit.

16. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So hey, one guy on XGM asked me to make a scarred paladin. It sounded fun so here is what i came up with. It's Ujimasa Hojo's Paladin model+portrait with enhanced talk animations and.. Well. And a scar.

123132312.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  17. Teldorei

Teldorei

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    so quite in here(and lots of other forums) Im gonna cry

18. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have one model, but I think it is too simple even for this thread.

I wanted to create a high-range melee unit, and I saw that Crypt Lord had a possibly unused animation Spell Throw, where he attacks with his horn and elongates it. So, I basically renamed his attack animations to something random, renamed his Spell Throw animation to Attack, increased the length of his model's horn and removed the hero glow. And, voilà, I created a Nerubian Impaler.

I recommend setting "Combat - Attack 1 - Range" of the unit using this model to 250, or you can increase the unit size if you want longer attack range. This unit will be able to attack from behind the regular melee units with its high range (and will not take a melee attacking spot) and fill the gap between the ranged units and melee units, when they are attacking. As far as I know, the only other high-range melee unit present in the game is the Mountain Giant equipped with a War Club, with its moderate 250 range. Furthermore, Nerubian Impaler even has such an attack animation that it can melee-attack air units from the ground at close range. To do this, set "Combat - Attack 2 - Range" to 0.

The Nerubian Impaler model pack contains the Normal (purple), Dried and Regular (with in-game textures) versions of the model, and the icon for the Dried version. For the Mummified Crypt Lord skin, go here.

Edit 1: Reduced the model size to 70% of its former size, removed the team-coloured shoulder and body pads and wings, recoloured the shell texture, and made some other minor tweaks to the model.
    Edit 2 (Aug 5, 2016 CET):
    - This is now a Nerubian Impaler Pack - it contains the Normal (purple), Dried and Regular (with in-game textures) versions of the model and the Spiked Carapace spike models which suit it
    - The pack contains the Regular version which uses in-game textures for less file size
    - The normal Spiked Carapace spikes didn't suit the model, so the pack contains the smaller versions which suit it
    - Removed the unnecessary and redundant model parts, textures, materials and geosets, fixing the model's look and animation look, and reducing the file size
    - Fixed the height of the model and its parts, fixing the model's look and animation look, and making it not float
    - Optimized the model, linearized its animations and reduced its file size
    - Fixed the position of the Spiked Carapace attachment points and of the weapon attachment point
    - Reduced the breadth of the model's shoulders
    - The portrait models now use the correct skin paths and will suit the unit models/skins
    - Changed the internal name of the model to NerubianImpaler and changed the name of the old Attack, Attack - 2 and Attack Alternate animations to Spell Throw, Spell Throw - 2 and Spell Throw Alternate
    Edit 3 (Aug 6, 2016 CET):
    - Added the icon for the Dried skin version/Mummified Crypt Lord to the pack (also added it to the other post)
    Edit 4 (Aug 7, 2016 CET):
    - Fixed the animations completely
    - Deleted more redundant bones, reducing the file size even more
    - Reduced further the breadth of the shoulders
    - Fixed the UV mapping of the texture (the screenshots aren't updated)
    - Removed the Spiked Carapace ability spike models from the pack, because they are no longer needed

• Nerubian Impaler Pack

Description: Long-range melee ground attacker, close-range melee air attacker unit. The pack contains Normal, Dried and Regular versions, and the icon for the Dried version. For Mummified Crypt Lord, go here.
      Resource Type: Models, Skins, Icon
      Filesize: 172/118/54/17 KB
      Credits: Made by Blizzard Entertainment, edited by Alok

[​IMG]
    • Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

DriedNerubian.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You know, I really like & don't like this all at the same time.

On the one hand, I love when someone takes the time to delve into the little-known/used mysteries of certain models, and doing some model-editing to make an interesting variant really takes that to the next level.

I also really like people coming up with interesting unit-types (i.e. long-ranged melee), and filling out other races (i.e. Nerubian).

What I have a problem with is it's just a little too simple; at least, the rest of the body is. It really is just a Crypt Lord with the Hero Glow removed & the horn elongated. It could really use some other model edits to make it look like a different Nerubian (perhaps less of a beetle).

That, and the horn looks super-long. :< Like, even for Warcraft proportions it might be too much, lol.

Now, I totally get that that might be too much work for you; I understand. But those are my thoughts.

~~~

(hey, speaking of "little-used stuff", perhaps something could be made of the Crypt Lord's "Burrow" animation; perhaps a mix between the Terran Siege Tank & the Zerg Sunken Colony (burrows/roots, then becomes a 'tower' with an underground super-spike))

20. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wanted to change more stuff, but the problem is I have so little knowledge in modelling, that everything I do ruins the model, and, as far as I could see, there is no Undo option in Warcraft 3 Model Editor, which sucks. But I guess I could tinker with the mesh and move points around to see how it would look, or even remove some parts, or change the texture.
    I agree that the horn is too long when the model is attacking, I wanted to change that too, perhaps with keeping the horn the same size as in the scaling 1.0, but reduce the size of the rest of the model to 0.7. I wanted to do that, but when I do the "Scaling" in the model editor, no matter what I write, it ruins the model completely. Perhaps, I can try that with "Translating" one by one part of the model.

And, when it comes to burrow, I wanted to make a request for someone to create a "Burrow Move" animation, basically to just add some dust around the burrow animation while the unit is moving underground.