• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Attachments

• 18003_Armory.rar
    225.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 18005_Barracks.rar
    241.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 18006_bunker.rar
    184.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 18007_CommandCenter.rar
    292.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 18008_EngineeringBay.rar
    238.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 18009_Factory.rar
    229 KB · Views: 126
  • 18010_FusionCore.rar
    218.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 18011_GhostAcademy.rar
    197.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 18012_MercCompound.rar
    172.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 18014_Starport.rar
    207.5 KB · Views: 122
Level 5
HI everyone, i have a question. Is adding new animations(for example: a new attack animation) considered a simple edit?

HI everyone, i have a question. Is adding new animations(for example: a new attack animation) considered a simple edit?

Yeah. Anything that is considered substandard can be posted here, although this thread became more of a request thread than a resource thread lately.

Level 5
Yeah. Anything that is considered substandard can be posted here, although this thread became more of a request thread than a resource thread lately.
thanks, but i can not model for the life of me, just wanted to be clear on in before i ask the author and post his model here for a request :D

Level 17
Hi guys, i have another request:

Can someone take this model, and make an Argent Dawn symbol on the center of the shield ?

Capture.JPG

As you can see there are a lot of variants, i would require the symbol to not take over the entire shield and be placed on the center of the shield. luckily the symbols design is helpful with that.

the 3rd one from left is particularly my favorite.

Attachments

• Argent Templar.mdx
    100.1 KB · Views: 144
Level 17
@Storm Knight

Will this do? There's not much room for the full symbol, as the top part of the shield is gilded with gold.

View attachment 338544

This looks great but if you can actually make it more closer to the actual symbol it would be even better, on that note, i think its perfectly fine if you cut a little bit from the top part of the shield for more space, like maybe using Reteras model studio to shrink that part a bit, i tried it and it is possible.

however, opening up more space on the top side i think the sun could be smaller to allow some space, so that the arrows can have more space to be stretched. the sun feels a little too big rn.

Edit: Ok so incase you're doing something to improve it right now i'd still like to see that, but if you haven't done anything just yet, i did do something myself using the opportunity you provided me.

View attachment 338956

how does this look :p

Edit 2: Made more progress
Capture.JPG

Do you think you can make the middle sun to look grey ? silver look could be hard to do and it would look white and bland, but grey good be nice.

Attachments

• Argent Templar_Sun2.mdx
    107.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
This looks great but if you can actually make it more closer to the actual symbol it would be even better, on that note, i think its perfectly fine if you cut a little bit from the top part of the shield for more space, like maybe using Reteras model studio to shrink that part a bit, i tried it and it is possible.

however, opening up more space on the top side i think the sun could be smaller to allow some space, so that the arrows can have more space to be stretched. the sun feels a little too big rn.

Edit: Ok so incase you're doing something to improve it right now i'd still like to see that, but if you haven't done anything just yet, i did do something myself using the opportunity you provided me.

View attachment 338956

how does this look :p

Edit 2: Made more progress
View attachment 338961

Do you think you can make the middle sun to look grey ? silver look could be hard to do and it would look white and bland, but grey good be nice.

Nice work.

They all use the same texture and coloring, though. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: This look good? The smaller stars kinda look wacky being that short.

preview.png

Attachments

• Argent Templar_Sun3.mdx
    107.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 3
Hey guys, anyone have time for a weapon swap? Militia with sword(like in reforged), the current substandard Militia with sword has a texture issue where the shield is black and the old request I found had the shield removed, basically just a militia with footman sword.

I tried but the sword just sort of floats unanimated in space where the axe used to be

Hey guys, anyone have time for a weapon swap? Militia with sword(like in reforged), the current substandard Militia with sword has a texture issue where the shield is black and the old request I found had the shield removed, basically just a militia with footman sword.

I tried but the sword just sort of floats unanimated in space where the axe used to be

That is because the sword is not attached the the militia's hand bone. Give me the model, and I'll fix it for you.

1.31.1 by the way.
Yeah I'm deactivating my MiscData to see if my local files are messing stuff up.

EDIT: So yeah, seems like I had to actually write "left hand" and "right hand", lower case in that specific order instead of "Hand Left" and "Hand Right" as it was written in the model editor. Fuck logic yay.

Last edited:
Level 10
So, I made these goons

As high/blood elf light cavalry.

WHOOPS almost forgot to mention, the model is made by HerrDave, the armor parts are from Himperion

Attachments

• BloodElfLightCavalry.mdx
    111.7 KB · Views: 207
  • HighElfLightCavalry.mdx
    112.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Can someone copy the "Stun" animation from DoomGuard1 to DoomGuard2?

And if it's not too much to ask, can you replace the weapon geoset of DoomGuard2 with DoomGuard3's weapon?

So basically what I want is a DoomGuard2 with a burning weapon and stun animation.

(And please make the health bar appear directly over the unit, not way above it :p)

Attachments

• DoomGuard1.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • DoomGuard2.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 154
  • DoomGuard3.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 17
can i ask someone to please create icons for these 4 simple models ? I plan to use them for another custom race, water wheel have blp part another models not.

Attachments

• towntier1.mdx
    285.8 KB · Views: 153
  • towntier2.mdx
    295.7 KB · Views: 143
  • towntier3.mdx
    299.1 KB · Views: 137
  • StonetalonWaterWheel.mdx
    99.7 KB · Views: 193
  • whell.BLP
    19.7 KB · Views: 138
Level 17
EDIT: i changed my opinion on this request.

My new request is for someone to mount this on an actual model Cleric_by67chrome.blp

Then have that model replace the Archmage.

I'm really looking hard to find a proper mounted priest model but nothing i have found so far is suitable. and i have looked a loooot of models.
I think the idea i have here will actually result in a good looking mounted priest model.

Side note, and since this is a chaplain skin i assume it won't be much issue for then to make an easy portrait out of it since you can just base it off of the chaplains own portrait and simply mount the skin.

Last edited:
Level 13

Attachments

• VoidRiftGreen1.mdx
    12.7 KB · Views: 147
  • VoidRiftGreen2.mdx
    12.7 KB · Views: 143
Can someone make a portrait for the attached model? It doesn't need talk animations or anything, only a portrait that shows his stand animation or something.

Attachments

• Castle Healer Gutz Replacement.mdx
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • castle_healer_t00_ori.blp
    200.3 KB · Views: 131
  • castle_healer_t01_ori.blp
    818 KB · Views: 140
  • war3hd_gutz.blp
    1.2 MB · Views: 149