• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive getting closed?

Do you like the idea

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know it's almost impossible, but you should let every user make a simple unit representing him, it would be siùpacool

EDIT: because this is a map, isn't it?
You steal my idea :cry:
First of all, we should make simple quest system (to easy add mass of quests), then - make admins, moderators, famous ones (Pyritie) and makers of this map - Velm and others (some selfishness :wink: ).
If it is underground base, we must use Dalaran ramp tileset, replace texture of wall with something hightech, then replace tile of marble with h-t too.
Ye. As I think, the map must looks like Quake2 levels (if you ever played it).
With other's units - everyone who want place his unit into game, must pay: one-two quests or some ideas. It prevents filling up of map and gives some good ideas.

Level 15
First of all, we should make simple quest system (to easy add mass of quests), then - make admins, moderators, famous ones (Pyritie) and makers of this map - Velm and others (some selfishness :wink: ).
If it is underground base, we must use Dalaran ramp tileset, replace texture of wall with something hightech, then replace tile of marble with h-t too.
With other's units - everyone who want place his unit into game, must pay: one-two quests or some ideas. It prevents filling up of map and gives some good ideas.

Nice ideas.

Level 24

I agree with Velm

Level 3
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30646
Let's host. But we haven't demo, and we haven't 75% completed.
Now-game examination:
H.I.V.E.
Hostile
enemIes (omg a bad word)
Vigorous
Eliminator
(for sample)
HIVE is underground base, created for destroy enemy special objects (server of wc3sear, y?)
It consists of: Power plant (surely!), Server room (y?), Living part (where we can sleep) and Quadragon (knights of the square table=4 edges=Quad)
Add it to first post.
Ye: if all OK, we can start. If not, we will show own vision of HIVE (maybe creat poll?) and come to common view.
With Wolverabid: a good idea with ghost.

Level 11
Ideas for THW map version in the style of RPG:
-there's a war between two kingdoms (in the large underground): Blizzard and Hiveworkshop. Troops are coming from both bases and meet somewhere in the center of the map where they fight hardly. You may affect the battle in one's side favor because you are able to choose a side at the start of the game;
-Bosses of the Hive such as Wolverabid are giving you quests. Bosses of the Blizzard such as Tracy W. Bush (composer) are treatened as quest-givers too. You can find some more blizzard bosses from Warcraft III Credits, but don't forget Dr Super Good from the Hive;
-In one dark and forgotten by the God side... in a very deep and dangerous cave, infested by worst horrible monsters... are hiding ancient powers... they are called "Spoofers"... and those who dares awake those powers would either never return from the cave back to our world or ruin us and defeat his opposite side...

More ideas are coming, but I see you are nearly done there. :p

Level 15
Ideas for THW map version in the style of RPG:
-there's a war between two kingdoms (in the large underground): Blizzard and Hiveworkshop. Troops are coming from both bases and meet somewhere in the center of the map where they fight hardly. You may affect the battle in one's side favor because you are able to choose a side at the start of the game;
-Bosses of the Hive such as Wolverabid are giving you quests. Bosses of the Blizzard such as Tracy W. Bush (composer) are treatened as quest-givers too. You can find some more blizzard bosses from Warcraft III Credits, but don't forget Dr Super Good from the Hive;
-In one dark and forgotten by the God side... in a very deep and dangerous cave, infested by worst horrible monsters... are hiding ancient powers... they are called "Spoofers"... and those who dares awake those powers would either never return from the cave back to our world or ruin us and defeat his opposite side...

More ideas are coming, but I see you are nearly done there. :p

That sounds like AoSORPG.

I like it! I'll update later.

Level 3
AoS+Rpg+Quests? Omg.
MMORPG is unstackable with AoS, I think. In single RPG, AoS isn't needed (no enemy heroes to slain, so it is depressing).
It wont be great. AoS is a dynamic game, RPG with quests is a logistical game.
And, AoS kills some ideas - for sample, units named Hive users.

I never remembered to ask, what do you do good? I need to know before I add a Team aplication request.
Triggers (very good), Quests and stories (good), making custom tilesets (my new hobby, i love it!). Ripping other games - I'm skilled, making programms - too.
In game, I want to be an engineer.

Level 15
AoS+Rpg+Quests? Omg.
MMORPG is unstackable with AoS, I think. In single RPG, AoS isn't needed (no enemy heroes to slain, so it is depressing).
It wont be great. AoS is a dynamic game, RPG with quests is a logistical game.
And, AoS kills some ideas - for sample, units named Hive users.

Triggers (very good), Quests and stories (good), making custom tilesets (my new hobby, i love it!). Ripping other games - I'm skilled, making programms - too.
In game, I want to be an engineer.

Ok but atleast 2 playable sides in the rpg.
And you could give more info who do you want to be.
I tought I could be the thinker, if its ok with you?
I'm good with terraining. It could be a modern warfare mix.

Level 3
Ok. If it will two sides.. Hem, dubious useful: if player select an race, he watches 1/2 of the quests, 1/2 NPS, 1/2 world map (maybe) and all in all, half of game rests in grave. But if there is some interesting secrets, which shows only fo another faction, player can start game again with other force.
I don't know what I will do. For sample, some triggers and i can find information.
I tought I could be the thinker, if its ok with you?
Tought or thought?
I'm not very okay, but now - agree (everyone can be a thinker).
modern warfare mix
Mm?.. Toothbroking-headsplitting-legsaching game?
P.S. I created two tiles fo game. Now, I'm adding variations

Level 15
Tought or thought?
I'm not very okay, but now - agree (everyone can be a thinker).

Mm?.. Toothbroking-headsplitting-legsaching game?
P.S. I created two tiles fo game. Now, I'm adding variations
Thought, I keep forgetting the h.
About the tinker. What is that suposed to mean?
Two tiles? Great! Could you show it?

I was thinking, should we make it like a underground city in 21st century style?
Yes maybe too much, but war3 style is a bit used up.
Oh and those who helped us much could be heroes, others quest givers.

Last edited:
Level 11
This will be AoS+RPG then
No, I didn't mean that at all! The whole game isn't based on war, there's a small battleground in the middle where you can come to fight and have some rest of quests. So, you may level-up either on battleground or by completing quests, -or you can complete some royal quest, get an army under your control and lead it to the enemy's side.

Level 3
Thought, I keep forgetting the h.
About the tinker. What is that suposed to mean?
Two tiles? Great! Could you show it?

I was thinking, should we make it like a underground city in 21st century style?
Yes maybe too much, but war3 style is a bit used up.
Oh and those who helped us much could be heroes, others quest givers.

Tinker? No. Engineer. Making tanks, weapons and other stuff for army.
21th centure style is a bit used up too :grin:. Something futuristic.
About tiles: i'm fixing white artifacts. Now, it is :ugly:

don't make the map too sad... people want to kill their enemies in green grasslands among bumpy shrooms, or in soft, candid snow
:xxd: But i want to kill my enemies in dark cold dungeons with blunt rusty knife. Every maniac wants it.

Level 14
don't make the map too sad... people want to kill their enemies in green grasslands among bumpy shrooms, or in soft, candid snow

Rofl.. make it all on blight. anyway.. i like the idea.. you could have narutards as enemies or creeps.

Level 3
narutards
I don't know this word. Sorry.
Nah futuristic is way more used up. Predator and starcraft scenarios?
Ghost city could be good.
What is ghost city? Maybe, it must be good.
However: its an underground base, H.I.V.E. loves hight-tech, so making large rooms or something old useless
Look at the Hive's theme: Night Elf. We should make city... with leaves on borders and dark ground...
Dark ground - y. Leaves - behh

Level 11
Yeah, the city will be something abandoned and under the ground. But I have a plot from KKND that could explain how did the city get under the ground: (copied and pasted story)

The 21st Century looked as if it was going to be a golden era. Wars were at an all time low, nuclear arsenals were cut down to a fraction of what they once were and the environmental disasters feared by the 20th Century never materialised, through a combination of nano-technology to clean up the existing problems and then shifting heavy industry to space.

"But then in 2079 it all went wrong."

kkots: I have a story with Shivan (evil madman) as main character (pretty long, might take a whole campaign) that explains why did warheads suddenly strike from the sky.

Warheads rained down from space and within the space of a week a quarter of the worlds population was exterminated as cities became glowing radioactive furnaces.

"They were the lucky ones."

Wave upon wave of mutagenic viruses struck at human and animal alike, and high tech nano weapons ate at the computer circuits, electricity cables and plastics that civilizations depended on. As the infrastructure collapsed, billions starved.

Nowhere on earth was spared these deprevations, and it soon looked as if the only pockets of humanity that survived would be the ones hidden safe within bunkers, deep underground.

"But not quite."

In the years between 2080 and 2140 life was viciously hard for the few survivors that remained on the surface. intropic.jpg Horribly altered by the effects of both the viruses and the radiation they struggled to eke out an existence constantly under threat by the voracious fauna and flora of the new world. But after two generations the weak had died out and only the strong survived.

Groups banded together for strength and protection, building wepons out of whatever they could find, and began to tame many of the animals and plants they came across. A civilization based on strong warrior ethic had begun to emerge. Scavenging what they can from the old times, they rely on their animals more than technology.

"Meanwhile..."

Down in the shelters, original estimates of how long their supplies would last are proving hopelessly optimistic. Recycled food supplies were still adequate, if not enjoyable, but their technical resources were being stretched to the limit. survbrf.gif Eventually it became obvious to the shelter dwellers that they would have to return to the surface before they were completely denuded of technology.

Under the control of the Council for survival, the shelter dwellers started up their tunneling machines and begun drilling back up to the surface.

"They broke through in 2141, thirty nine years sooner than their original plan called for....."

kkots: but our map's story will be somewhere in the middle, and we get to make up something simple to expain why is Hive fighting Blizzard in a small battleground :p (don't put a dot at the end of sentence if there's already a smile)

Level 3
Good, I think.
Yeah, the city will be something abandoned and under the ground. But I have a plot from KKND that could explain how did the city get under the ground
The city is undrground becouse it is built here. It is built here becouse it is a secret base, created to slain enemies. Enemies are blizzards. Blizzards are enemies because they want to close hive servers.
All in all, you should read all topic. First post - intentive.

Level 15
Nah I think it should go like this:
Blizzard is making a underground base and a city for employees.
Hive does that too. But at almost same spot.
As the underground cities grew they united into a one big city.
But Hive and Blizzard had something different in mind. They were fighting so much that almost everyone died.
I've uploaded a gif about it.

Level 3
Blizzard is making a underground base and a city for employees
City with buildings etc? Underground? Impossible. Cells are more useful.
Ok. Maybe, someone really wants to live under ground.
As the underground cities grew they united into a one big city
Okay. But why they grew together a lot of time, and - suddenly war?
But Hive and Blizzard had something different in mind
We have too.

Level 24
I have different ways on how to make a Hive map:

The ideas are simple,just possible things that might happen:
-Hive turns to Starcraft 2 and many users are unexperimented in its World Editor.So they all make a fuss and Ralle turns towards them.

-The.Helper invades us:Grab a pile of THP member names,a handful of Hive members and make them battle against each other.

-A virus infects Hive,all the forums and sub-forums become danger zones , you and your team of Hive members have to escape and bail trought the Recycle Bin or go to Off-Topic and defeat the virus.

-Blizzard starts a war against all websites dedicated to Blizzard creations,you can make several areas that represent Hive and the other websites THP,Epic,Graveyard,Gamer-Isle,GM.

- Or Ralle starts a terrible plot and starts to gain donations from whole lot more members,you must stop him.

Level 3
Ye. But everyone have own vision of it.
kkots - a plot from KKND (copypaste, omg);AoS (a copypasty kkot)
Velm - modern warfare; ghost cty; etc.
Arvedui - anti-anime!
HorisonTal - "i'll kill them in green-green mushrooms... with soft white snow...":eek:
NearbyHermit - something.. like my idea.
Gif - y.

Level 24
. . .

This thread has officially gone on too long. It is getting on my nerves.
I realsise that disscusion is still active but basically all topics have been covered and it is drifting off topic.

God help us all.

On the game not I agree that it should be a mostly text based game (was that what you were suggesting?).

There should be awards and stuff for massive spamming and the like. Negative awards. (I think)

Level 11
I have different ways on how to make a Hive map:

The ideas are simple,just possible things that might happen:
-Hive turns to Starcraft 2 and many users are unexperimented in its World Editor.So they all make a fuss and Ralle turns towards them.

-The.Helper invades us:Grab a pile of THP member names,a handful of Hive members and make them battle against each other.

-A virus infects Hive,all the forums and sub-forums become danger zones , you and your team of Hive members have to escape and bail trought the Recycle Bin or go to Off-Topic and defeat the virus.

-Blizzard starts a war against all websites dedicated to Blizzard creations,you can make several areas that represent Hive and the other websites THP,Epic,Graveyard,Gamer-Isle,GM.

- Or Ralle starts a terrible plot and starts to gain donations from whole lot more members,you must stop him.

Great! +rep. These will be events randomly happening in our RPG (where's is battlefield, you can go either there, kill CPU bosses and level up on that battlefield "full of giant mushrooms that will make us feel happy as HorizonTal said" or you can complete various quests) and affecting its gameplay until some quest will be completed by brave hero to unaffect the map of the event, but events may be good. UNDERGOUND WITH HIDDEN SECRETS IN CAVES, one of secrets are dread ancient "Spoofers", living in a cave named Burger King. As GluKoBug's some post on page 7 says what everyone wants, Velm's and my ideas would stack, but affect only doodads - I mean ruined structures that appear in fixed places after some event calling the Hive as Starcraft forum and n00bs go an upset boom that makes something like Nuclear War and users with very low reputation who pissed everyone off are threatened as mutants-freaks wandering in the ruins of the b00m. An almost permanent war with Blizzard will end only when Spoofers are found, because only they may attack Blizzard's base guard towers. You must complete some quests before entering blizzard's base uninjured (buy imba items and such spoove that the new hard base offers). I've lost the point what I was going -- I should stop here now (the point is ideas and stuff to write on a list and improvisate into the map). *oik* wow I feel like if I was pissing off some famous person that can smash me with no problems
-----------------------------------------------------------
And I'd like -- There are items-weapons those only some classes may wear (knight may not pick up a bow but sword or axe or pike), after picking up a proper item into the slot #1 (it must self-acquire right to there) (because other slots are free) the unit changes it's model (Replaces with a fixed unit-type) to fit the picked weapon (armor is no matter, but only 1 can be carried at a time, same is with shield) (armors break over time as unit is attacked successfully - use variable to determine if Created during the game unit takes damage). USE SLASH OR SHOOT (hotkey "S") abilities to fight. SLASH to damage everything in front of you and SHOOT to launch a shockwave at your facing's direction. Mages have to use spellbooks, or you can http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85015
I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.