1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by bobo11, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did they remove the modability from Halo 3?

2. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To an extent. There are still things you can do in Halo 3 thanks to the built-in editing options, but yeah, it's a little more tricky as far as I know.

3. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is heresy to join forces with Microsoft, the most bloated, retarded, terribad company on the face of the earth. 1 word... Vista :D

Ok fine, they both got their ups and downs. Since PS3 came out last, a lot of companies already had their games pinned on the X-Box 360 (Isn't 360 a retarded name. That means you would go around in a circle and end up right back where you started?). Right now the X-Box 360 is probably better, but I garantee that the longer the PS3 exists the more respected it will get. The Wii is a huge gimmick IMO. They promised revolution and delivered Wii fit @_@. Oh and honestly, the PS3 is not that much more. The Wii's controllers cost more, you have to buy a battery recharger, and some of the best selling stuff for it (Wii fit) cost extra. I bet overrall youd only pay 10-20% more for the PS3 in the end. I owned a Wii because I figured the best selling console was the best. I sold the thing 2 months later and bought a PS3. Haven't regretted the decision yet as the only game I found good was SSBB. Mario Galaxy sucked, Metroid sucked, Party sucked.

I would almost buy the X-Box just for Halo and Gears of War, but honestly, Halo gets old quickly after having played #1 & 2 and Gears of War 1&2 are fundamentally flawed in gameplay.

4. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Vista isn't the worst they've made. Not even close.

Except that starter Vista thing. I hear that's just awful.

5. Dougletron

Dougletron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Halo is so over rated imo. But most new shooters nowadays aren't very original. They write up a cheesy story on top of an over used theme, load em up with high definition graphics, maybe implement some physics system and call it a game. I have yet to see a minimally interesting shooter since Bioshock.

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    And yet they still make loads of money. ----> CoD5.

7. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Except Halo, beyond having the latest in graphics and such, was actually fun to play. Fun. You know, the whole point of video games?

Not everyone finds it fun. A few diehard Sony people will try and convince you it's the worst thing to happen since Et on the Atari, and some people do find it boring.

But the overwhelming majority agrees that Halo Combat Evolved and Halo PC were both stellar games. Halo 2 was definitely overhyped though. It had an alright campaign, not as good as the original of course, and it's only true moment of excellence was the online play.

Halo 3 combined a pretty good campaign game with awesome multiplayer to make it almost as good as the original.

But the original, well, wow. It was a beautiful game.

8. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have tried Halo 1 and 2 when i was younger... I'll miss them :D
    Havent tried Halo 3 though :3

9. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tbh, I have all 3 console; although only one of them I own full time and that's the 360.

I can say; I love the Wii because in a lot of games it requires you to get up and be active, so I can game AND exercise at the same time.

I love the PS3 due to Final Fantasy and Blu Ray, but I still think paying more than £250 for a games console is beyond moronic, no matter how good it may be.

I don't play the PS3 much so my wall of text will be on the 360 ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 360 is a great console, I must say. Although it has its flaws, its 'perfections' if you like only just make up for it.

The DLC Game/Video marketplace is excellent. The fact you can download the old great hits from the original Xbox for generally less that £10 to £15 kicks ass, and movie rental for around £2.50 for 24 hours after the first time watching is pretty decent, considering most places about town are more than £5 rental.

The £5 monthly fee for Xbox Live is pretty stupid, as if Microsoft don't make enough money as it is, but big companies will be big companies; money grabbing whores. Accordingly Microsoft bribed Rockstar Studios almost 50m USD to keep the new expansion or whatever it is, I don't play GTA IV as of yet, on the DLC.

Another flaw I can point out is how much of a bandwidth whore the 360 is. From experience it's so much of a bandwidth whore you can only have 1 360 playing wired at a time, which blows.

I like the fact you can IM from it, with the new Xbox Live Experience, but I feel they've ripped the avatar crap from the Wii, and I don't see as much point in a personal avatar which displays a little sim like figure you'll only see if you look in the friends tab of your 360 dashboard.

It makes good central heating for my gaming space, heck, my computer, LCD monitor and 360 heats my space up a lot :p

The external hard drives, as stated above are a tad overpriced, I got my 360 package with 60gb Hard Drive (Which I'm having problems filling... 7 demos and 2 installed games and a crap tonne of music just under 15GB) for just under £200 though, so I'm not complaining.

But jesus... Wireless 360 plugin thingy... The little wireless box... 60 fucking GBP and just over 100 USD? I'm glad I run my PC with wireless then an ethernet cable from PC to 360 which thankfully works until someone rings the damn phone.

The lack of supported routers with the 360 really sucks, I'm managing orange bars and even connection break ups with games on this crappy netgear thing we're stuck with until we move on monday.

But anyway, this topic is about games, right?

Bungie own perhaps one of the best selling series in history, like Enix owns FF (My only reason for having a PS2, DS and PS3), but I find Halo is getting crapper as it gets newer. I loved as much of Halo 1 as I could be bothered to play, and Halo 2 was plenty of fun and some rather scary parts (I was young when I played, shutup :p) but Halo 3 is a walk in the park, even on Legendary. The only reason I'm waiting for my friend to get Halo 3 is because solo is so boring.

On to Gears of War... Number one was excellent. The plot was nice with the little twists here and there and the game actually posed a challenge, but like 2, Multiplayer is pull the frigging shotgun or sniper trigger first to win. Where did the tactical gameplay go these days.. Everybody goes Leeroy with a shotty, only reason I played PvP on GoW 1 and 2 is for achievements. I felt Number 2s campaign side was lacking big time. I thought the plot was all over the damn place, popping in and out of the hollow, and even on Insane it was easy.

*SPOILERS* But what I want to know, is how did it go from a freaking huge dude who can carry a troika with no problems and command Kryll with the point of a finger to a huge monster who takes three full charges of Hammer of Dawn to the head on Insane? The challenge in games these days is dropping, if all these pansy kids who can't kill RAAM on Easy didn't cry to Epic Games maybe we'd of had a better end boss. Anyone with me there? That disappointed me, my Mum's BF, his Son, and plenty of my friends. Hopefully they'll redeem themselves if they make a number 3.

I also feel Epic Games taken a leaf out of Blizzard's books and re-used every freaking model they possibly could, but I guess that's for consistency. But they rushed the game. They definitely rushed it. My first play through of the fight with Skorge taken 4 tries simply because the sod managed to sent me high into the air 4 times and left me stuck there.

I enjoyed Horde mode though, although there should be more achievements based on Horde, for instance 'Get to Wave 10' and 'Get to Wave 50' are piss. I solo'd up to 29 then duo'd up to the end of 50 on Casual. Maybe they should add more; perhaps 'Solo Horde Mode' and 'Complete All 50 Waves of Horde on Insane difficulty'.

Well, Fable 2 had me jaw drop at the start, I wanted to explore everywhere and do as much as I could, but it was about after I killed Dash was where my enthusiam just buggered off completely. My ugliness from being scarred is... 0. That's how pathetically easy it was. *SPOILERS* You spend all that time showing your peen off to villagers just to wind a freaking box and hit him with your fist if you really want to. I'd expect that sort of ending from some pansy game for 6 year olds. The story is terrible. You basically free 3 heros and as said wind a box and smack him. Once. I went AFK during that fight for 45 god damn minutes and he'd just been sat there saying "Wtf you doing, I'll make a better world!!!!". The main purpose of the game is to buy everything to possibly can then say "Screw it, when's the next Sims expansion coming out"

Call of Duty 5. I can stand this game. I bloody love it. The online play has tactic, the campaign poses a challenge and it's and excellent game overall. The graphics are pretty decent and the gameplay requires more than just shooting anything that dare move. I have no major criticism except Veteran should be renamed Evade that Grenade :p

Umm, they're perhaps the only games I'm playing at the moment as I (Unfortunately) completed Crackdown. Despite the extremely cartoonish graphics I loved the gameplay; GTA on crack = FTW? Just goes to show Gameplay < Graphics. I think I got the < thing the right way 'round, anyway...

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Waving your hand around does not constitute as exercise.

11. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree with Gilles. Unless you use the shit out of Wii Fit, you're not getting exercise. Exercise involves actually breaking into a sweat, you know, and if you break a sweat from waving a wii controller around then you have serious health complications that Wii Fit can't even begin to fix.

12. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh, the boxing gets pretty tiring after an hour or two :S

13. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have noticed a lot of 360 shit going around in this, a PS3 thread. Stop turtle-hijacking and get back to the topic. And no, I am not pretending to be a mod, I am just pissed at my teacher now.

To get back to the bloody topic: The PS3 will rule, not now and not tomorrow but in the future, end of story.

You may continue to whine now.

14. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess it tires your wrists? Great, you'll have Popeye arms.

15. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Popeye arms FTW!!

And at TDB it was a debate for the fanboys/girls to debate about the PS3 ruling, therefore the console comparison. Take your PMS elsewhere :)

16. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL @ wii being exercise. And omg kaitech how can you like cod5, it's awfully boring. One of the worst shooters i've played. If you like cod then you will love kz2.

17. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hold on... something doesn't seem right.

Either you just said: CoD5 sucks. Kz2 is like CoD5. Therefore Kz2 sucks.

Or: CoD5 sucks. Kz 2 is like Cod1. Therefore Kz2 is five years behind the rest of the market.

Either way, Kz2 doesn't sound so good, and I know you'd never say that.

18. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol oh yeah my bad. I ment there are lots of similarities. But KZ2 is much more faster and with vehicles and explosions everywhere. There are similarities like with the aiming system, sprinting, very realistic etc...

19. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    CoD 5 boring? O_O

CoD 5 is the first shooter I've EVER struggled with on the hardest difficulty.

But ok, the Wii isn't much excercise, but Wii Sports and the fitness training crap is intended to be excericising =S

But still, there are times on CoD 5 when you have to stay back and shoot stuff before you rush in like a nutter.

Anyway, I probably would like Killzone 2, only I wouldn't have the chance to play it because my mum's BF has the ps3, and I wouldn't keep it anyway because I fear I might break it, considering I've bust 4 PS2s in the past... Then again, considering Slimline PS2s are fragile as hell I'm hardly suprised.

20. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're just clumsy. :p
    My slimeline has been rock solid. I've left it running for weeks. In fact it's been on all this week.