• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HighElfWarMage.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first skin. I tried to make Gandalf the White of the WarMage model and this is the result. I think it needs some fixes but I need some help. I want to get rid of his eyebrow, sholder armor and give him longer beard but the model is just going bugged if I do that. Pls send me a private message if you want to help me.

Keywords:
Gandalf the white LOTR Lord of the Ring Rings WarMage Warmage Mage
Contents

Gandalf the White (Texture)

Reviews
17:46, 24th Sep 2009 67chrome: Something tells me you need a better program for skinning. Or to practice skinning a lot more, the skinning tutorials may be able to help you out there. But as it stands this skin is really bad, not sure what is up...

M

17:46, 24th Sep 2009
67chrome: Something tells me you need a better program for skinning. Or to practice skinning a lot more, the skinning tutorials may be able to help you out there. But as it stands this skin is really bad, not sure what is up with all the boxes pasted together to make the texture. For an unmounted unit the skin should also be able to fit on a 256x256 surface, there is no reason for it to be twice the size of most skins. Most of the texture looks pretty much the same for the robes to, if you are going to do all the robes in the same style you can keep re-referencing the same portion of the unwrap to add to the skin, saving on the skin file size and the overall import size. :(

Level 14
lol its 100% cnp i see now. Take a close look. Its fucking insane work of CNP. why u use all this crap cnp pictures.

AND btw why this crap model takes a huge space. Im gona make a skin of gandolf soon. But it will be on medivh.
No please not medivh! This model is perfect for Gandalf the White. I know it's not good but it's my first skin ever so please be nice...and it can be much better but not with the medivh model! For the first Gandalf the White has no hood like Medivh and he has both sword and staff and Medivh has only staff...So please if you are gonna do a Gandalf model, use this model pls...

This skin shows a great example of the reason why people should NEVER submit their first skins.

I'm afraid this skin is too damaged to fix, so you better let it rot in your harddrive (or better, remove it from your harddrive).
If you wish to get your future skins accepted, you should consider learning and start improving from these tutorials and other texturing tutorials on the internet.
Also, this place is also great to get some feedback, but wait for that when you're actually learning from the tutorials.

Oh, and if you're using MS Paint, STAY AWAY FROM IT!
Use instead Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, or if you want free alternatives; GIMP or Paint.net.

chilla_killa said:
Try to retexture DvO's Warmage on foot model.
Choosing another won't do anything better if he doesn't improve his texturing knowledge.

Level 31
No please not medivh! This model is perfect for Gandalf the White. I know it's not good but it's my first skin ever so please be nice...and it can be much better but not with the medivh model! For the first Gandalf the White has no hood like Medivh and he has both sword and staff and Medivh has only staff...So please if you are gonna do a Gandalf model, use this model pls...

what the hell.