• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elven Archer, Upright Standing (Based on Reforged Beta)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
This is the High Elven Archer with the upright-standing animations from the Reforged Beta, as well as some animation fixes (I deleted the ones that did not work) and also a custom texture to give her blue eyes. The point of the custom texture to give her blue eyes is so that the unit is a "High Elf" rather than a "Blood Elf". You can use this same model file with the default in-game textures and it will cause her to show Green Eyes (to be a "Blood Elf").

Other than having the special upright-standing Reforged Beta animations, the model is generally pretty much the same as the in-game High Elven Archer model.

The skin is uploaded as a separate file, not with the model, since Hive can't process the ingame model paths correctly for Reforged since a lot of that technology is still being developed (the model is based on an in-game one, so the file paths are all .tif in the MDX data but need to refer to .dds in the game, and yet Hive rejects the .dds file when supplying the texture override at the path)
Contents

Blue Eyes Emissive Texture (Texture)

High Elven Archer, Upright Standing (Based on Reforged Beta) (Model)

High Elven Archer, Upright Standing (Based on Reforged Beta) Portrait (Model)

Level 4
I wonder why did they scraped this "upright" models...Guess they were to similar to the WoW animations.
Even this new generation WOW, no even reach the feet of the quality in polygons and the artistic designer Reforged. WOW does not appreciate the graphic quality, perhaps they are more respected for the animations. Even HOTS models are more interesting than WOW.
But the animations in Reforged are fair, Blizzard's crucial flaw in this remastering, the limitation and lack of variety in the animations, showed that there was a lack of more consideration with realism.
If you add 6 to 8 varieties of movements for each animation, it would be the most adequate to obtain a real realism between the models.

Last edited:
As mentioned by @toffee02ken above, personally I think we would improve the categorization on Hive by changing how this Upright Elf Archer is uploaded.
1.) Blood Elf Archer, Upright Standing ( Reforged Beta ) is a lost asset from Reforged Beta that uses the same ingame Blood Elf archer textures as the Reforged release client hunched over version. That asset is different from the one uploaded here, but I can fetch it from my hard drive
2.) Blue-eyes for the Blood Elf Archer model is a fanart by Retera that should be decoupled from this bundle and put into the skin section

I think if we do the 2 items listed above, it would be a better breakdown and organization of assets that is more faithful to their origins and consistent with historic Hive Site Rules. It also gets @toffee02ken what he wants -- access to the blood elf version of this model which is literally the lost original Blizzard asset that belongs in this Fixed Original section anyway

Edit:

Okay, actually I reviewed my own asset further on a PC (I was on my phone when I posted this) and actually further change to this asset is probably not necessary. Users can just import the model resource above without the custom skin, and then it will work in-game and look like this (blood elf eyes)

1626236303699.png
(left: ingame model, right: this Beta model)

So, I think that we should be fine.

Last edited: