1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

High Elf Chronomancer

Submitted by Deolrin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Originally made for the Hero Contest #4 over at WC3C.net, unfortunately my team-mate could not finish coding the spells in time. So I'm releasing this model for you guys to use. I used Medivh as a base model and modified it to make it what it is. The head and hair are from the Arthas model, the head using Blood Mage's texture and the hair using a Campaign Screen texture of white hair with a geoset animation that colors the hair brown during all animations. Staff was made from scratch in Milkshape 3D. The model uses all-ingame textures from various places, be it units, structures or even the "F10" menu you can access while inside the game. Book is geo-merged from the Paladin model. The original mesh was modified slightly to fix various flaws in the animations, such as clipping issues, so if you find such a flaw, please report it to me. The model is best used as a hero, as it has hero glow on his weapon and on the "ground", and it has a dissipate animation. A portrait is included in this model. The model uses Priest's death sound and ordinary Human blood-splats when it dies.

"High Elven Chronomagi are a new addition to the forces of the Alliance. While rare and few, those powerful sorcerers from Quel'thalas can bind the very forces of time to their will. Many of them have not survived the third war, and most of those who survived wish to keep their High Elven identity, rather than becoming Blood Elves, whom they despite and deem corrupted. Harnessing the very flow of time, the Chronomagi are a powerful force to be reckoned with. They have been invited to join the Alliance, to have revenge on their fallen Elven brothers and sisters. Most have agreed, but some are still independent, choosing a life of a hermit, wandering across the world..."

I would appreciate any kind of constructive criticism.

UPDATED - 16/12/09: Most geosets that use the same textures as others have been merged, added a portrait which I forgot to add.

UPDATED - 25.02.10: Major and minor changes. Changed texture on hood\cape and added gems, along with many minor and hardly noticeable changes.

You must give me, Debode\Deolrin, credits if you use it in a map or a campaign. You are not allowed to redistribute this model in any way. You are not allowed to edit this model without direct permission from me.

Keywords:
High, Blood, Elf, Elven, Mage, Chronomancer, Time Mage, Chrono, Mancer, Wizard, Spellcaster, Magician, Arcane, Staff, Magic, Sorcery, Hermit, King.
Contents

High Elf Chronomancer (Model)

High Elf Chronomancer (Model)

Reviews
18:25, 16th Dec 2009 General Frank: Good model edit and nice use of textures. Approved. P.S. There's an option to automatically subscribe to threads.
  1. 18:25, 16th Dec 2009
    General Frank:

Good model edit and nice use of textures. Approved.
    P.S. There's an option to automatically subscribe to threads.

2. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Subscribing. I'll release a fitting projectile soon.

3. Delterius

Delterius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for releasing him. Sad thing that your partner had a few problems.

4. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Criticism:
    Model - too awesome to be true
    Lore - they should have something to do with Bronze Dragonflight

Rating: 5/5, epic!

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was originally a Bronze Dragonflight member-in-disguise, until Linaze correctly pointed out he doesn't exactly looks like one.

I just realized it could actually be your character from the RP, Alagremm ^^

6. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Debode.. you are getting better and better each day in modeling :D i'm very proud! haha

AwwwsssSSSSUUUMMMMmm model :D

7. Malcous

Malcous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model , love the staff :D 5/5

8. Death The Kid

Death The Kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    This..... this..... looks awesomely awesome for me. Your modeling owns and i love the staff. 10000000/5 +rep

9. Delterius

Delterius

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was wondering. Another elf? Aren't you supposed to be a troll fan? =D

10. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Before making trolls.. he's making the victimes ;D

11. Delterius

Delterius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Makes sense, its evil.

12. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey, he actually could! The staff looks too cool for me, plus its kinda draenish, however without the staff he could actually be mine character.
    Only he looks... too good xD

13. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Awesome, I like the staff! :pwink:

14. HyperActive

HyperActive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It sucks that you haven't made a submission over at wc3c.
    The staff is the best part of the model, and you've made an excellent choice of adding Arthas' face. Overall, a well made model.

5/5

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    O.M.G. o_O

16. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Didnt you notice the textures of the staff and his clothes?
    Look closely, especially on the clothes, I like how debode used tower texture to make clothes :D

17. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome staff and i love the amount of TC

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    that's why i pointed that texture :D

19. Darkmoon Hero

Darkmoon Hero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Too lazy to read the lore (at the moment), but the model looks quite fantastic. That's a pretty sweet staff he has.