• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Hiding UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I know it's possible to hide UI now, but I can't seem to figure this stuff out. I read that if I wanted to hide the default UI then I should do this:
  • call BlzHideOriginFrames(true)
However, this doesn't hide the UI, it just blacks it out. I have this code running at map initialization. I assume i'm forgetting some extra steps here. Do I have to import some kind of UI files into my map or something? If so which ones and where?

Any help would be appreciated, and it'd be great if we could make a demo map that has a bunch of examples of UI arrangements so people can see how it's done in the editor and import it into their own maps.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
I'm developing this UI library: UI Utils (one-stop solution for UI business). You can use call UIUtils.FullScreenMode(true, false) to hide all original UI frames or call UIUtils.FullScreenMode(true, true) if you want to keep the command buttons visible. But again, it's still developing, you must check for updates often in case there's critical issue found.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm developing this UI library: UI Utils (one-stop solution for UI business). You can use call UIUtils.FullScreenMode(true, false) to hide all original UI frames or call UIUtils.FullScreenMode(true, true) if you want to keep the command buttons visible. But again, it's still developing, you must check for updates often in case there's critical issue found.
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.