• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiding Extended UI Panels

UIBanner.png
  • Within this tutorial, you'll find how to remove the extended interface panels on Classic Graphics.
    • To clarify, we're talking about what is displayed in the image below.
unknown.png
  • To remove these panels, only two imports are required, depending on the amount of races you're looking to remove the panels for.
    • NOTE: These imports are dependent on the race selected by the user, as they overwrite Human/Orc/Undead/Night Elf interface individually.
  • If you're looking to only remove one races interface, you only need to import one set of the two files. However, if you're looking to remove it from every race, you'll need to import the set multiple times under different paths.
Download Here!
Tile05.dds
Tile06.dds

Human Path:
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile05.dds
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile06.dds

Orc Path:
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile05.dds
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile06.dds

Undead Path:
UI\Console\Undead\UndeadUITile05.dds
UI\Console\Undead\UndeadUITile06.dds

Night Elf Path:
UI\Console\NightElf\NightElfUITile05.dds
UI\Console\NightElf\NightElfUITile06.dds
  • Once you have the files imported under these paths, save your map and then launch it to discover there is no longer any extended panels, with no side effects such as Hit Point bars displaying underneath the main frame.

unknown.png

• We're now finished with removing the extended panels, enjoy!

• If you're curious how this works with Reforged enabled, it will slightly cut off a portion of what looks to be the main frame, but is actually reaching into Tile05 & Tile06.
unknown.png

Looking to have your interface trimmed but not be straight-edged? I've created some alternate UI elements to use. Check them out here!

Attachments

• Tile05.dds
    144 bytes · Views: 363
  • Tile06.dds
    144 bytes · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 1
I am unable to download the files for the Tiles. I just made a discord account for this :) That might explain why I am not send to the discord server that contains the files. Why don't upload them here as a zip file via attachments? You know, just in case the links die in some future.

And your simple and to the point method should work in the latest legacy version as well, right? After all, the method seems to me just texture changes.

I must say finally a solution appears for that baggage.

Last edited:
I am unable to download the files for the Tiles. I just made a discord account for this :) That might explain why I am not send to the discord server that contains the files. Why don't upload them here as a zip file via attachments? You know, just in case the links die in some future.

And your simple and to the point method should work in the latest legacy version as well, right? After all, the method seems to me just texture changes.

I must say finally a solution appears for that baggage.

My apologies, that was left over from the paste bin copy. I'll upload it via attachment to the post now.

edit: sorry again, did not see your question about legacy. No, this will not work prior on patches prior to reforged because the black box underneath extends across the entire screen. You can do other things to remove the black box, but are left with issues such as HP bars being shown underneath the entire interface, etc.

Last edited:
Level 2
I did as instructed, but I still can't hide it when entering the game .

Attachments

• 1652684489642.png
    1652684489642.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 77
  • 1652684522175.png
    1652684522175.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 77
Level 2
perhaps you would like to use the standard asset manager, or if you want to do it locally, do it for Warcraft 3 and not the map file you have opened there
I don't know where it is

Attachments

• 1652713446741.png
    1652713446741.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1652713453228.png
    1652713453228.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 49
I don't know where it is
I don't know what you're trying to do; modify your map, or every map?

If you want to modify your map, you simply open the editor and import the files as explained in the tutorial.
If you want to modify every map in Warcraft 3, you need to modify local files, which you can read about, here.