• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hide terrain (for graphics only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, I have an issue with terrain in my map. When I zoom too far, FPS drops insanely because of terrain, which shouldn't be rendered, as it is hidden behind a giant doodad. I would like to turn off terrain rendering (hide terrain cells won't work, as I need to hide the terrain for some players only, and only at certain times).
If this isn't possible, I noticed that editor has no problem displaying entire map at one time, is it due to some setting that could be used in game, too?

Level 7
There is a method to generate a dynamic (unit-attached) skybox, you can use a dummy unit if you don't have a specific unit each player handles at all times, and just move that dummy unit around appropriately. It was on sc2mapster a while back, I can't find it right now, have things to do in the morning, but a little searching and you should find it fine.

Far clip seems to be by far the best option when it comes to awkward camera angles that just end up rendering way too much terrain, third person views are particularly brutal without a farclip of a 100 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.