• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hi. Br00tal human shooter cyborgman, imba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
This is a WIP of a skin I'm making for fun, thought I'd share it with you.
Everything that is edited is freehand, if anyone cares.

Perhaps you could help me in the progress ^^

v0.1
Texturemap
fnqm2a.jpg

W3V Snapshot (thinking about removing the teamcolored shoulders though.. what ya' think?)
30l1dn7.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

v0.2
fixed shoulders
Texturemap
2gwhu06.jpg

W3V Snapshot
2eol0qx.jpg

v0.3
added more color, replaced the former leg-texture with a simple chainmail.
Texturemap
2dl0qz8.jpg

W3V Snapshot
fxxndl.jpg

v0.4
Minor changes, added a liiight tint of teamcolor on the shoulders, to make the skin a bit more "usable"
Texturemap
72tvvc.jpg

W3V Snapshot
anbj4h.jpg

v0.5
Removed the chainmail pants, added even more color, some other minor fixes with shading and stuff (barely noticeable)
Texturemap
ekqjop.jpg

W3V Snapshot
xnfbsh.jpg

Comments and such is ALWAYS appreciated <3

Last edited:
Level 5
It looks like he was left out in the sun for 20 years. The only "color" i see is horribly faded and everything is the same value. I like the details of the arms with the tubes.

Ideas: Add a richer yellow to the lightened part of the gold, lessen the amount of white, but where it is white make it strong and clean (for good highlights) Here's a pic gold armor

The blue is so weak I don't see it at all on the model. It could be brought up a bit, which would be a really nice color contrast with the gold.

The flesh color on the arms seems confused, especially since it's so different from his face color. I would downplay the pink/orange of the arms if you've already got gold and the steel blue, maybe add some blue/green veins to the arms to keep with that color scheme? Or make it a richer pink (and same tone as the face) and then you'd have some warmer colors on the model.

The team color shoulders are much too gray and desaturated. Add some contrast, or make some geometric designs where the pure team color could show through?

Level 16
It looks like he was left out in the sun for 20 years. The only "color" i see is horribly faded and everything is the same value. I like the details of the arms with the tubes.

Ideas: Add a richer yellow to the lightened part of the gold, lessen the amount of white, but where it is white make it strong and clean (for good highlights) Here's a pic gold armor

The blue is so weak I don't see it at all on the model. It could be brought up a bit, which would be a really nice color contrast with the gold.

The flesh color on the arms seems confused, especially since it's so different from his face color. I would downplay the pink/orange of the arms if you've already got gold and the steel blue, maybe add some blue/green veins to the arms to keep with that color scheme? Or make it a richer pink (and same tone as the face) and then you'd have some warmer colors on the model.

The team color shoulders are much too gray and desaturated. Add some contrast, or make some geometric designs where the pure team color could show through?

Thanks for an awesome CnC.. I did a quick recolor on the skin, the result was this:
e7ngxf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.