• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero's main attribute for 7 brewmasters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm having a problem, I can't decide how best to do for a map that looks a lot like 7 blademasters. I have 3 heroes with agility, 2 with strength and 2 with intelligence, but intelligence may not be very attractive to players, it does not boost attack speed, hero survivability, but in theory it is possible to make gameplay from abilities, and I have several options :
-remove heroes with intelligence and make 4 with agility and 3 with strength, and make all items with intelligence auxiliary (items are made like in DotA)
-do not remove intelligence and make abilities stronger
-leave only 1 hero with intelligence (healer), and make items with intelligence focusing on everyone.
Treat this question like a regular player who heard about 7 blademasters... but map with a lot of improvements

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
This is not very suitable for my map (and I'm not the smartest in WE), I have a simple concept, you get more gold, so you will make faster and more items, I think it's probably worth trying to make items that give you more abilities
You could give your Item's attribute requirements or just rely on high mana costs to dissuade Agility/Strength heroes from using them.

Also, just to show how simple ability damage scaling can be, here is a single trigger that would handle everything:
  • Intelligence Bonus Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Takes damage
    • Conditions
      • (Damage From Normal Attack) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet DamageDealt = (Damage taken)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • DamageDealt Less than or equal to 45.00
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- A small instance of damage was dealt - We're assuming this came from things like Entangling Roots, Shadow Strike, Soul Burn, Acid Bomb, etc... --------
          • Set VariableSet DamageDealt = (DamageDealt + ((Real((Intelligence of (Damage source) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.25))
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- A medium instance of damage was dealt - This could be Storm Bolt, Death Coil, etc... --------
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • DamageDealt Less than or equal to 400.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set VariableSet DamageDealt = (DamageDealt + ((Real((Intelligence of (Damage source) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.00))
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- A large instance of damage was dealt - Ultimate abilities come to mind: --------
              • Set VariableSet DamageDealt = (DamageDealt + ((Real((Intelligence of (Damage source) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00))
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to DamageDealt
This isn't perfect but it basically makes your small instances of spell damage benefit from 25% of your Intelligence, medium instances of damage benefit from 100% of your Intelligence, and large instances of damage benefit from 200% of your Intelligence. This attempts to make damage over time spells like Acid Bomb benefit about the same as something like Storm Bolt. You could even add a Condition to check if the (Damage source) was an Intelligence hero so that this only affects their spell damage.

It's your map so do whatever you think is best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.