• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Im making custom stats for my rpg. Each stat has a defensive attribute and an offensive attribute. Currently

Strength - Health, ?
Agility - Evasion, Crit Power
Intelligence - Health Regeneration, Crit Rate

Intelligence adds health regeneration not mana so that way items that give +mana will be valuable, like in Diablo 3.

Any ideas for Strength - Offensive?

Level 19
I think you should swap crit power to str and give agi attack speed

Thought about that long before.

if i do that, than agi will be worthless early game because it wont give barely anything, kinda useful midgame, than worthless again endgame because the attack speed is maxed out (which would also de-value attack speed items).

Id give C.P to strength if someone thought of something good for agi (or int... not spellpower)

Level 19
Maybe:

-> Mini-stun
-> Knockback
-> Endurance

-Da Fist-

Mini-stun wouldnt have a large effect (but than get imba against bosses with 10 str) and knockback would be tedious (the party would have to move every time the enemy gets knocked back). Elaborate on endurance?

- Physical Damage?
- Move HP regen to STR, and add MP regen to INT
- Add strength requirement to items

Physical damage would cause rogues to go all strength, if I move hp regen to str, str would have two defensive traits. There will be str requirements, but also agi and int :\

Thanks for the suggestions though

Level 19
Damage would best if it was dependent on the primary stat.
Armor Penetration/Critical Power or something else could do, I think.

Also, you should change the name of the Intelligence stat. It would fit if it were based on those magical stuff, but now it seems different.

they will all probably be changed. armor penetration is a maybe o_O

Why would rogues go all strength if it added physical damage? Don't they need a lot of crit dmg and crit chance?

Anyway. You could have all three stats be crit based.

(Based on a 5 level system for show)
Strength: crit multiplier (1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 3.50)
Agility: crit power (Extra damage: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50)
Intelligence: crit chance (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%)

So Strength times the damage more per point. Agility adds larger base crit damage for Strength to multiply. And Intelligence how often a crit will occur.

Level 25
If you don't mind making a more complex spell ability system,

Strength - Health, Crit Power
Agility - Evasion, Crit Rate
Intelligence - Health Regeneration, Spell Success

Each spell has a base success rate of about 75%, which decreases against higher level creeps. Intelligence counteracts that.

Otherwise just give Strength a +chance to pulverize/knockback/bash.

Level 19
Why would rogues go all strength if it added physical damage? Don't they need a lot of crit dmg and crit chance?

Anyway. You could have all three stats be crit based.

(Based on a 5 level system for show)
Strength: crit multiplier (1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 3.50)
Agility: crit power (Extra damage: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50)
Intelligence: crit chance (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%)

So Strength times the damage more per point. Agility adds larger base crit damage for Strength to multiply. And Intelligence how often a crit will occur.

I dont see that happening.

Wont that make the game an autoattack frenzy?

Depends on weather the crit is transferred by abilities or plain auto attacks.

Spells crit too :\ and im trying to make this not even close to an autoattack frenzy. Lowest cd spell on mage is ult which is a measly 15 seconds. Level 0 spell is 0 seconds and the mid spells are like 3-7 seconds

If you don't mind making a more complex spell ability system,

Strength - Health, Crit Power
Agility - Evasion, Crit Rate
Intelligence - Health Regeneration, Spell Success

Each spell has a base success rate of about 75%, which decreases against higher level creeps. Intelligence counteracts that.

Otherwise just give Strength a +chance to pulverize/knockback/bash.

Another possibility, would add an interesting element to late game play.. though I'd have to nerf it for casters so it gets evened out

My current layout

Str - Health, health regen, armor reduction (scales like crit rate so like x str would give a 20% armor reduction so a mob that has 100 armor would only have 80 armor against this guy)
Agi - Evasion Rating, Crit Power (i was thinking about something like a chance to reduce the target's armor by 12.5% max of 7 stacks, but it just seems best saved for an item)
Int - Mana Regeneration (%, scales like crit rate), Crit Rate

i was thinking about adding an extra agi and int stat, but I'll have to stop my stance of "Save those abilities for items!" if i want that to happen]

I also dont like this current layout because originally each stat was supposed to have 1 defensive and 1 offensive trait, and mana regeneration is basically an offensive trait so int has 2 offensive 0 defensive

e/ this format looks appealing ATM

Endurance - Health/Armor Penetration
Dexterity - Evasion/Crit Power
Focus - HpRegen/Crit Rate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.