• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Attribute Skill - Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I dont know if i need a custom spell or triggered this or that but

im basically trying to add an ultimate that upon leveling (1-4 levels it will have) the user can choose to put a point into Strength, Agility, OR Intelligence once.

i.e.
level1 - choose 1 [5 Agility] -- [5 Strength] -- [5 intelligence]
level2 - choose 1 [7 Agility] -- [7 Strength] -- [7 intelligence]
level3 - choose 1 [10 Agility] -- [10 Strength] -- [10 intelligence]
level4 - choose 1 [15 Agility] -- [15 Strength] -- [15 intelligence]

Lets say you chose all 4 levels for agility...it would be 5 + 7 + 10 + 15...= 37 to Agility when the hero is maxed out. I feel like there is a basic attribute ability thing in the game? but i dont remember? where after the hero maxes out its spells its last few levels it can put into an attribute ability? but how do i force this to happen when the hero still has spells that he can level up still etc?

Level 21
the way I would do this:

create a spellbook ability "Attribute Choice"(or wtvr) that has three different spells in it - one for each attribute.

the attribute spells should be based on the attribute boost ability that tomes have. these spells should each have their own 4 levels with the stats you want.

each level of the spellbook should contain the corresponding level spells.

after one of these abilities is used - remove the spellbook untill the next level is put into it.

this isn't 100% hashed out, but along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.