• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
depends on you, it's your map.. but it would be better if project members have a separate signature :))

Well, Ill just use the signature you gave for testing the map I created. This signature will serve as a proof that he/she is one of the BETA tester, without this he/she can't participate at testing.... sounds good? Oh and BTW, Im not that good at mechanical drawing or should I say drawing in computer.

Last edited:
Level 30
Hello to all users and fan of my game. I have released the BETA tester signature, thanks to En_Tropy's artistic skill but this is only usable at the BETA of the game so be patient because map is so so far from being a BETA. Its just at ALPHA.:xxd:

Last edited:
Level 30
  • Game Intro
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Region 002 <gen>) over 0.01 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 7.00 seconds the text: There lived the Hum...
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 7.00 seconds the text: There is an adventu...
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: But one day, terrib...
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Each day, the world...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: H E R O E S T A L...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: A tale where humani...
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: Evil!
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Many are losing hop...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: But a priest stands...
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Priest for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 003 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display The time of collaps.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Our world is being .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Is there still hope.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display But I know that Her.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 17.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: Angus is in the for...
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Hide filter
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
I am having a problem on my triger for the intro. The problem in the part of the Priest talking, it will say the first line but the others...no!

Level 12
hahaha.. why do you need to pick the unit ? why not use Last Created Unit ?

• Unit - Create 1 Priest for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display The time of collaps.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Our world is being .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Is there still hope.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display But I know that Her.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: Angus is in the for...
the Wait 17.00 seconds don't needed, because you already add the duration for each transmission.

also, hide those trigger! they're long.

Level 13
  • Game Intro
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Region 002 <gen>) over 0.01 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 7.00 seconds the text: There lived the Hum...
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 7.00 seconds the text: There is an adventu...
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: But one day, terrib...
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Each day, the world...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: H E R O E S T A L...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: A tale where humani...
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: Evil!
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Many are losing hop...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: But a priest stands...
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 003 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display The time of collaps.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Our world is being .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Is there still hope.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display But I know that Her.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 17.00 seconds
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Hide filter
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
I am having a problem on my triger for the intro. The problem in the part of the Priest talking, it will say the first line but the others...no!

I will try to make a map for you

Level 30
hahaha.. why do you need to pick the unit ? why not use Last Created Unit ?

• Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display The time of collaps.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Our world is being .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display Is there still hope.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Priest: Play No sound and display But I know that Her.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
the Wait 17.00 seconds don't needed, because you already add the duration for each transmission.

also, hide those trigger! they're long.

Thanks, will try that one! +REP!

I will try to make a map for you

Hmm. tried the map and it didnt solve any of my problem but not to worry I'll try TwoVenomous' idea! Still here's a +REP!:grin:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

You need to fix the cliffs ASAP! The current situation is dire. I's suggest using one of the man-made cliffs which are probably recommended where you downloaded the custom texture. Also, please add more detail to your current zones at least. for a SPRPG, they are too generic. You need to make them look more unique.

Level 13
You need to fix the cliffs ASAP! The current situation is dire. I's suggest using one of the man-made cliffs which are probably recommended where you downloaded the custom texture. Also, please add more detail to your current zones at least. for a SPRPG, they are too generic. You need to make them look more unique.

Right!

Level 30

Ok, Im not really good at understanding so what do you mean by details? For the main made cliffs, it is too bad but I think there is no way to change the cliffs because the Ashenvale only contains two cliffs and both are not man-made cliffs. If I will try to change the tileset, it will be a really great mess at the game...:ogre_rage:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Actually, It won't mess up anything if done properly. Simply make a list with the tiles you have replaced and then remove all tiles. Change the tileset, add your tiles and re-texture everything. It sounds like a lot of work but it's something easily done in half an hour maybe? About the detail, those random grass turfs are very awkward, either place a whole bunch of High res NON-ANIMATED grass or don't place it randomly but instead near rocks and other terrain details. Also, I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea from but DO NOT use trees like you are currently using them. You shouldn't guide the player through an already specified role as that just makes it tedious, you take away from the personal experience by removing the players' option to choose where to go, how exactly to go through that zone, which creeps to fight. It's basically very limiting and that something I personally find annoying. Also, when you are going from one zone to another, don't make anything like a border camp that's the only way through as that just seems weird. You should gradually do that. For example, when going from a forest to a mountain, slowly make it go up and start adding snow and less vegetation until you are in the middle of a snowy zone (again, this is an example).

Level 30
Game's loading screen has been released with some darkening or little changes. Thanks to Legendary's artistic skills and RED BARON for converting it to loading screen file and making a little change at the loading screen. Image of the loading screen will be shown later!

Level 30
Sorry if this is a double posting but I really need to separate this post from my previous post for this is a different topic. And using EDITs in one post is not a good idea.

Ok, I am needing a help on a Main quest. I cant seem to make a trigger that will activate when unit has 3 of a specific item like that.... like having a number of quantity of item will update a quest. I can't seem to figure out on how to do that on trigger. Can someone help me make a trigger like that? +REP will be given!

Level 12
Ok, I am needing a help on a Main quest. I cant seem to make a trigger that will activate when unit has 3 of a specific item like that.... like having a number of quantity of item will update a quest. I can't seem to figure out on how to do that on trigger. Can someone help me make a trigger like that? +REP will be given!

could you explain what number of quantity is ? is it charged ?

if yes then this is the trigger, this trigger should be initially on. when the quest received, turn on this trigger.

• Quest Update
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Potion of Healing
    • Actions
      • Set Count = 0
      • For each (Integer Variable) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)) Equal to Potion of Healing
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Count = (Count + (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)))
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Count Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 3
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Count Greater than 0
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)) Equal to Potion of Healing
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable) from (Triggering unit)
                  • Set Count = (Count - (Charges remaining in (Last dropped item)))
                  • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
                • Else - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: All the potion of h...
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Count Less than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Potion of Healing and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to (Abs(Count))
        • Else - Actions

Attachments

• Quest.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 30
could you explain what number of quantity is ? is it charged ?

if yes then this is the trigger, this trigger should be initially on. when the quest received, turn on this trigger.

• Quest Update
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Potion of Healing
    • Actions
      • Set Count = 0
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Count = (Count + (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)))
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 3
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Count Greater than 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable) from (Triggering unit)
                  • Set Count = (Count - (Charges remaining in (Last dropped item)))
                • Else - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: All the potion of h...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Count Less than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Potion of Healing and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

This is it! Thanks so much.:thumbs_up:

Level 30
he was right, you shouldn't lie to people. I know you're Allain55x and FinalMix, the way you walk, the way you put emoticons, etc.

Even in emoticons, im very well-known.... Oh, damn! Ok, to be honest, I am scared... to face you all! Well, wonder what will happen when I face you all... they will surely say how's your project? and If i say I abandond it.... Oh, damn!:ogre_frown:

And BTW, thanks for the Quest Update and its good but another question... what will be the triggers for the Completion? The cinematic leave it to me.... I just dont know how will the condition will be.

Last edited:
Level 12
Off-topic :
Hiding will just lead you nowhere. Let's just hope that you won't abandon this one. I'll be sure to support you.

Anyway, you should know that this is not the thread for asking help, should be either in help zone or request section or even pm and vm. Suggestions are acceptable though.

The purpose of map development section is to tell events and progress of your map.

On~topic : how's the map going? I hope to see something fresh here.

Level 30
Off-topic :
Hiding will just lead you nowhere. Let's just hope that you won't abandon this one. I'll be sure to support you.

Anyway, you should know that this is not the thread for asking help, should be either in help zone or request section or even pm and vm. Suggestions are acceptable though.

The purpose of map development section is to tell events and progress of your map.[\hidden]

On~topic : how's the map going? I hope to see something fresh here.

Well, I just want to ask questions here because it is time wasting when I will create another thread just for a simple question and read the previous comment... Added a question there. Oh and thanks for the support even how lier I am always hiding....

For the on-topic, slow progress.... but right now Im finishing the 2nd Main Quest but I will need your help in triggers.

Level 31
@Hell Master, don't fear if you abandon a project, many of us did it before, no biggie if you abandon it since its your free time that you're using not theirs.
Of course there is nothing not to agree with. But in his situation, he made up to 3-4 (cannot recall correctly) threads, that were 100 - 200 posts, people made banners, loading screens and he just abandon it, create new account without noting of project's end and start a new one, which later was also abandoned. It is not that he lack time.

@Hell_Master, past is past, look for future and do not hide. Stick to your responsibilities you are willing to take if people put effort in helping you. I know from myself, development thread chain with certain responsibilities if people are expecting much from it, especially when they are part of it. No one are pushing you away from doing what you do, just keep it up if you started and if there is no proper reason to end. Of course loss of interest might slam you, but if you are having this trouble, you shouldn't start anything, or at least don't start map development thread until you reach that progress, at which it would be sad to abandon.

Level 30
Keep'em Coming! I am ready to help.

it's not slow progress, you are busy browsing THW.

Yeah, your actually right but Im busy browsing for HELP... Well, actualy the trigger you gave about the update is what I need but now I dont know how I will do the completion. The conditioning part when this completion will activate like when you enter the house and you have the required items, a cinematic will activate and Quest Complete. Have any idea, friend?

Level 12
Yeah, your actually right but Im busy browsing for HELP... Well, actualy the trigger you gave about the update is what I need but now I dont know how I will do the completion. The conditioning part when this completion will activate like when you enter the house and you have the required items, a cinematic will activate and Quest Complete. Have any idea, friend?

just add a boolean check on the first trigger that i already gave to you. add them after the actions that update your quest.

• Set QuestCompleted = True
and when the unit is entering the house, check if the QuestCompleted is true, then do your actions :

• Entering House
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • QuestCompleted Equal to True
    • Actions
      • //do actions//

Level 30
just add a boolean check on the first trigger that i already gave to you. add them after the actions that update your quest.

and when the unit is entering the house, check if the QuestCompleted is true, then do your actions :

• Entering House
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • QuestCompleted Equal to True
    • Actions
      • //do actions//

Thanks, my friend! Will try it now.:thumbs_up:

Level 30
To all fan of this game and viewers:

I know this is a bad news but I will be stopping the project for 4-5 days because I will be very busy... some might say that these are excuses for abandoning this project but no, I am really busy! I may resume this at Wednesday or Thursday.

Level 13
To all fan of this game and viewers:

I know this is a bad news but I will be stopping the project for 4-5 days because I will be very busy... some might say that these are excuses for abandoning this project but no, I am really busy! I may resume this at Wednesday or Thursday.

You might want me to edit it give me the map ^_^

Level 30
Ok, time to go to work again so here I am back! I am to resume the game again.:thumbs_up:

Oh and I have a question I need to solve for me to continue with the quests. So here, I am doing the quest that needs the 3 items. The quest looks fine and I have a system that stacks items but the problem is when I get two of the same item, it doesnt stack but actually NOTHING happens.... no changes in the item... I am suspecting that the problem is on the stack system but also maybe the Quest update that I got from Two Venomous... well, here are the two triggers and I hope someone will spot the problem. To be honest, Im too lazy to check on triggers so maybe can someone check it?

Item Stack System that I got from someone:
  • Item Stacking System
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) Equal to True
      • (Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)))
    • Actions
      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) to (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))))
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
Quest Update that I got from Two Venomous:
  • The Great Deal Update
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Magic Stone
    • Actions
      • Set QuestComplete = True
      • Set Count = 0
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)) Equal to Magic Stone
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = (Count + (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 3
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Count Greater than 0
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Variable)) Equal to Magic Stone
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Count = (Count + (Charges remaining in (Last dropped item)))
                • Else - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You have gathered 3...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Count Less than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Magic Stone and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
EDIT: Ok, while I am waiting for a response I am doing the next following quests.

Last edited:
Level 12
  • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) Equal to True
  • (Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)))
who gave you this ? the conditions will always return false, of course it would do nothing. have you tried adding a game text to check if the trigger is really triggered ?

and this
should be before this action :
  • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You have gathered 3...

Level 30
who gave you this ? the conditions will always return false, of course it would do nothing. have you tried adding a game text to check if the trigger is really triggered ?

and this
should be before this action :

Ok, I got that trigger or should I say that I learn it from someone at HIVE... I dont know that this trigger was a joke...lol. Oh and thanks for correcting me at the Quest Update!

By any chance, you know how to do the trigger for Item Stacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.