1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HeroCryptLord

Submitted by Blizzard, UgoUgo, Kam
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is a rather simple edit of the Crypt Lord that allows his Burrow animation to be utilized correctly. If you use him with Bear Form or a similar transformation spell he will stay burrowed even when casting abilities.

Use the standard Blizzard portrait.

Original Request:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/crypt-lord-edit-244297/

It would be interesting if the community would take this as an initiative to make a 2.0 version that does not alter the overall appearance, but seeks to finish what Blizzard started. One immediate thought would be burrowed spell animations to compliment the normal spell animations.

Keywords:
Crypt Lord, Nerubian
Contents

HeroCryptLord (Model)

Reviews
20:42, 22nd Nov 2013 Misha: so.. I approve it because that's completing an incomplete model, so to say
  1. 20:42, 22nd Nov 2013
    Misha: so.. I approve it
    because that's completing an incomplete model, so to say

2. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember looking for something like this 8 years ago... At least (not last okay...) I finally found it!

3. MrHobby53

MrHobby53

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WUT???

So basically it's the same Crypt lords Burrow form?
    Buut I guess that's good... Model looks (in my opinion) a bit weird... actually i'm not a fan of crypt dudes... V ^ V.... but yeah it's useful....
    Actually it would be nice if we could see how it looks in game... >.>

[many actuallies :D]

4. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's the whole model, the preview is showing him in his burrowed form. Other than animation changes this is identical to the Blizzard model.

5. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MrHobby: the default Crypt Lord doesn't have a burrow and unburrow animation.
    @Kam: I should have requested this 8 years ago, crap... If I just have known you back then... so many regrets...

6. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have always wanted this as well. It wasn't until I was working on a hero for my project that I finally made a request.

The community should find use for it.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I know your pain; such a simple but useful edit... However, you do realize that Kam didn't make it; he just uploaded it for UgoUgo (who actually made it).

Might want to mention that, Kam (though it's in the "author" section, true).

8. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I knew that, sorry for being dumb though.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    sure this is very useful, but it is also really really simple.. too simple to be actually posted in the resource section, folks S:

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Despite the immediate positive response? =(

11. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    But the chain lightning icon was like this too but it got approved right?

EDIT: kyrbi0's post is bugging me, I know how to read, I knew who made the model, there was a vm link I tracked on Kam's profile. Here, just to assure you I acknowledged the guy, look at the rep's time stamp. I hope that clears things up...

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would argue otherwise; there are plenty of simpler models (or less well-done) in the Resource section.

Sorry about that... Let's move this to VM's, if that's ok.

13. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would hope that rather than complexity this would be rated based on usefulness. I am positive there are many people that would be interested in having the Crypt Lord model function as it was intended.

Who knows why Blizzard skimped on it.

14. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could "exceptions" be moved under the Blizzard user profile, just like it's done with icons? I dunno, just a suggestion. :)

15. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why don't you try editing the mesh and maybe rewrapping it a little? That way if people are going to use 300kb to upload the model, they are not going to just use them on a burrow animation for the crypt lord, but on a whole new and improved alternate crypt lord, with a burrow animation.
    You could also edit the model to reduce it's file size, since it will most probably be used for the burrow animation, erase all other animations, maybe even some bones.

16. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you squish the model twice it's 98 kb.

I agree through that the Crypt Lord could use a makeover. It would be interesting if the community would take this as an initiative to make a 2.0 version that does not alter the overall appearance, but seeks to finish what Blizzard started. One immediate thought would be burrowed spell animations to compliment the normal spell animations.

17. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would be good, a new appearance would be nice, I just hope it doesn't look cute like the WoW re-imaging...

18. Gamegear

Gamegear

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    approved.. :S

edit: find its better

19. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh goody, this would prove really useful. It's a simple edit, but the burrow has been fixed, so, I'm gonna give this a 5/5.