• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick question: Burrow Mech Spider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Quick question: How can you make this hero - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...d-49836/?prev=search=crypt%20lord&d=list&r=20 - burrow/unburrow?

I gave him crypt fiend burrow to make him burrow but (1) he doesn't have unburrow (so he just stays burrowed forever, i guess) and (2) when he burrows, he does burrow animation but stays above ground as just his invisible self.

Also, (3) can this hero move while underground? I see he has an alternate walk...

Thanks for your help!

Level 33
Burrow ability needs two (2) unit
1 is Normal Unit
1 is Burrowed Unit
You're gonna need 2 unit for it to properly work

I did some experiment in a test map, this is what I did so far (download the attached map)

All animation is doubled in this test map, WHY ?
- Because, Blizzard has each unique 2 unit, 1 is normal unit and another is burrowed unit
This "burrowed unit" has a "hole" stand animation where when the Crypt Fiend successfully burrowed, it changes to another unit that has burrowed animation. It is by default

Where this model is custom-made, and not a default one, so, we must use trigger to enhance it and looks retard for doubling the animation because if you doesn't double it, the unit just play its stand animation while burrowing, pretty weird right ?

Attachments

• Goblin Mech Spider.w3x
    301.3 KB · Views: 77
Level 4
Wow, you're very skilled at this stuff.

Pretty weird looking, lol.

I wonder if there's a way to just remove the unit from the game after the burrow animation, replacing it with a TINY invisible, immovable critter or something. And just bring it back after the unburrow is clicked.

Level 33
Well, I was thinking about that too, using a dummy spell to create unit bla bla bla
I was just respecting your decision to use "default ability by Blizzard" that forbids me to that
But since you're okay with that, I'm gonna edit that and will use a dummy spell :)
Stay tune~

EDIT:
Here's an edited version

Attachments

• Goblin Mech Spider.w3x
    301.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.