• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crypt Lord Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need a Crypt Lord model that doesn't have a hero glow, does not have a dissipate animation, has the burrow animations set up right (I think they're messed up, but I could be wrong), and has a decay animation (With bones, normal Crypt Fiend bones should be fine).

For the burrow animations, this model already fixes them: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-244529/?prev=search=crypt%20lord&d=list&r=20

So you could use that as a base or just look at how they're fixed if you don't want to edit it without permission. (Though I'm sure it'd be fine)

Thank you for your time! =D

Level 12
I figured out how to do everything for what I wanted. Here are my results:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9uk9db27viecxb/CryptLordUnit.rar
Although it probably won't be exceptionally useful for big maps because the model is 340kbs and importing the Portrait is another 40. This is mostly because it has a lot of animations, which are:

The usual Crypt Lord animations, Stand, Stand 2, Attack/Attack 2, 3 spell animations, a channel animation (As it's based off of the model above, the channel animation doesn't have a walk), 6 alternate animations, and Fleshy and Bone Decay animations.

I had to use a combination of Gmax+NeoDex, Maggos, and MDLVis to get everything working properly (No one program could do everything, or at least easy...) and it took me like 8 hours to figure it all out, but now that I know how to do it I bet I could convert all the hero models in base WC3+TFT into unit models in an afternoon.

I'm also working on reskinning and changing the meshes a little bit so it looks unique. But I probably won't release that because it'd be 500+Kbs... xD!

Status
Not open for further replies.