• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero vs Hero Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay here:
1. Riki can now do better early since level 1 invisibility but Mortred can easily be shut down early game with lot of bursts and disables.
2. Mid-game Riki does better somehow because of the fast farming capabilities when Mortred needs lot more to be efficient.
3. As for the Late-game Mortred comes to shine because Riki's smoke doesn't mean a lot since Mortred will have an Monkey King Bar (MKB) so it really doesn't matter. Riki can't handle the critical strikes from Mortred (Phantom Assassin)
4. Enough Said!
5. :horse:

Level 8
Sniper > Drow Ranger
1. Too much range for drow to handle + powerful ultimate from Sniper
2. Also depends on farm if more farm is on sniper , sniper will win and otherwise.
But both heroes are good for pushing but sniper is more late game than Drow since drow can be countered easily + squishy hero

Level 4
It depends on the items. Blademail and heart riki can beat mortred. Still I'm not so sure ause mortred ultis is on like. If riki has abyssal he can get lucky with bashes, and so on. Same for each two carries.

Level 28
It depends on the items. Blademail and heart riki can beat mortred. Still I'm not so sure ause mortred ultis is on like. If riki has abyssal he can get lucky with bashes, and so on. Same for each two carries.

You only compare heroes assuming they're level 25 and have a complete build(the most ideal build for them and not the build that will counter the one you're comparing it with) or Level 25 no items. Mortred is simply way better than Riki.

Level 28
Storm Spirit vs Shadow Fiend?

I actually root with Storm Spirit, he's way to mobile for SF to land any of his skills but every time I ask my friends they always say SF is better. I don't know why they say that since SF's abilities are way to easy to dodge while SS can consistently deliver high damage with his normal attacks.

Level 15
Lina:
- Aghanim's Scepter which makes ulti pierce immunity.
- High AS due to passive

Luna:
- High AS due to agility hero
- High burst damage with Eclipse + Lucent Beam

Comments:
- Both will get BKB to counter the burst, and with Laguna piercing
- Laguna might be evaded with a Linken's
- Fight comes down to initiation. Will Lina hex Luna first and burst down? Or will Luna, in a 1v1 situation, who might go Hex, do the same thing back?

Comparisons like these are almost meaningless.

Level 10
Yeah I didn't want to say anything because people tend to enjoy thinking of it like this, but looking at what hero would win in a 1v1 situation is not a constructive thing to do. Sometimes one hero might win and sometimes another with the exact same setup every time. It might not even be close in HP.

If you loose a teamfight 0-5 with all the enemy heroes at full HP then that doesn't necessarily mean that in a parallell universe you wouldn't have won 5-0 with all your heroes at full HP. Same logic often goes for 1v1, espacially if the heroes have high burst and low HP or if it's not farmed carry v underfarmed support or whatever.

I know that this formula works great as a forum game for people but if we want to have a meaningful discussion we should probably come up with deeper topics that are more true to how the game actually plays.

As a side-note I want to point out that I haven't made a thread here myself yet so I haven't really contributed to expand upon the content that much. I don't want to be that guy that just comes and shits on other people's creative ideas and give nothing back until nobody dares say anything or start a new topic. So please don't feel discouraged by comments like this one. Just keep in mind the complexity of what the game really is when you come up with ideas and threads and stuff. I'd still love for people to come up with more posts and topics in different directions. =)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Riki VS Mordred

Riki is more of a laner since his skills allow quick jabs to last hit and an emergency smoke screen for harassing.

PA sucks in a lane but is relatively okay in jungle. Grabbing a few more tangos and potions with the stout shield, going for either mask of madness or dominator. Of course this makes your build more defensive but it allows you to go for satanic late-game since PA's crits are insane.

However your primary build will be with Blur rather than grabbing daggers and blink strikes. But as it gives a really huge evasion chance, jungle should be easy as pie for you. As it is right now:

Dodge Chance: 20%/30%/40%/50%

20% Dodge at level 1 is a huge deal. Combined with Stout Shield for Proc Chance: 53% - Blocked Damage (melee): 20. Tangos for creeps up to level 4 and potions after big creep fights.

Buying a ward is also a good idea, if you can afford it or if your team has no support.

Lina VS Lion

Lion. Best MID hero in the game. 500 damage on level 6 with two cc effects and a mana drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.