1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Question :O

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Anti98, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay so Ive heard and seen that you can edit the attributes of your heroes.
    So I have a few questions first can say one hero have strength agility intelligence while another has psi armor stamina? (just examples) and if so could you apply +strength to an item and then not have it apply to say the psi of the other hero? and one more! can a hero have more than 3 attributes?
    thank you for your time :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. Alevice

Alevice

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heros are merely nomarl units with an applied behavioor of type veterancy and user defined behaviour attributes. So yes, you can have different attributes for every unit, different level caps/expereince curves, and different ways to handle hero skills.

3. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay so it is possible to have
    Hero 1
    agi
    str
    int

and

Hero 2
    psi
    stamina
    tech

in the game at once.

but what im still wondering is will those attributes be noticed beyond the hero as unique or will the agi and psi be the same type of attribute when say U want to + to agi. If that makes sense

So if u get
    Item 1
    +25 agi

it wont look like this
    hero 2 (carrying item 1)
    psi+25
    stamina
    tech

And I wasnt sure if u verified that there was going to be like more option able attributes like
    Hero 3
    agi
    psi
    str
    sta
    tec

or

Hero 4
    agi
    str

4. Alevice

Alevice

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are not defined attributes, you define each the way you want and which special things each attribute point do (and in the veterancy behaviour, you specify how many attribute points a unit has (not gains, at least havent found a way) when he reaches a new level). You can mix any number of attributes you want on a single unit type, but the UI only displays the first 4 or 5.

5. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh awesome with the multiple attributes :D
    this editor needs to hurry up and come out so I can really toy with everything :)

6. Alevice

Alevice

Resources:
    Resources:
    You really could start with the xml modding so you get a garsp on how all fits togheter, even if it turns easier to mod with the editor.

7. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    ha yeah ive looked sorta into it but I feel weird editing the godly sc2 :O
    Like just editing the sc2 xml does that require that custom loader?

8. Alevice

Alevice

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorta.

9. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol yeah i thought id have an idea but im soo lost on where to even begin finding the xml lol xD i might be better off waiting

10. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very little of this stuff is hard-coded, which is good for modders like us. Working with the original hero system was frustrating.

11. Anti98

Anti98

Resources:
    Resources:
    yay for freedom :D
    Im reallyyy excited ha
    I just saw the inventory things they just found and the equipment screen wtf o.o amazing :D

12. vjeux

vjeux

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's really hard to start from scratch however I created a tutorial map that has everything to start working: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/tutorial-how-get-started/

Basically, you just have to edit the files with any text editor and click on the launch_map.bat file, that's it :)

I hope it will help you