• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero with over 4 attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,
I when i make a hero with 5 attributes (namely Strength stamina agility int and perception) the last one doesnt appear in game, probably due to lack of space. Is there any way to overcome this problem easily? Maybe i can change the size of the font? Thx in advance !

Level 6
Otherwise you could use dialogs or buff behaviors. It's easier but maybe not as effective.

Level 1
^pls ellaborate if possible. I have no idea how would i fix this problem with buff behaviours. Btw. i am new to SC2 editor, i did quite a bit of editing in wc3, but as we all know the whole data editing is comletely changed so i am still figuring out where all the stuff is.

Level 6
I basically mean that for each point in agility for an example, the hero gets a stack in a buff. If the hero has 1 agility, the buff has 1 stack.

Either that way or you change the UI which I have no idea how to do since it's written in the sc2 coding language, which I'm terrible at.

Another way is to do it like NOTD (Night of the Dead) does it, with dialogs. You basically click a button on the screen or in the hero's command bar (the one down to the right). That triggers an event which makes a window pop up. In there you can assign your stats. Then there is a button which makes the window disappear.

Chose which way you want to do it first.

Level 1
kk well that thing with the buff doesnt really solve the problem does it? I mean i know how to increase the attributes i just cant make more than 4 be displayed. The dialogs solution seems much more legit. Best would be to change the UI probably, but most difficult as well. Thx for answers, if i come across a problem with the dialogs i will ask.

Level 1
^how do you use the UI editor? all that seems to be there are some unchangeable code lines, and from what i have read you have to write the code outside of the editor and then import it or sthg right?

Status
Not open for further replies.