• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So ive used a tutorial to make my first hero in the SCII editor, i set up veterancy and attributes, levels and stuf, and i had a few questions.

1- how do i make it so my hero gets experiance when him or another unit owned by that player or that players allys kills a unit to grant the hero experience for it? also i want to set differant values for how much Exp each unit is worth, how would i go about doing this?
2- the tutorial i took told me that i need to specify each attribute i made for my hero for each level, X str X agi X int on level 1, X str X agi X ing on level 2, etc.. Is this really necessary?? there has to be a way for me to either set it up like the had in in WC3 with + agi int or str each level or is there a way i can put in my own formula? I ask because i will be making many many heros for my map with many differant attributes and to have to specift every single attribute on every hero would take so much time. how would i go about doing somthing like this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1- how do i make it so my hero gets experiance when him or another unit owned by that player or that players allys kills a unit to grant the hero experience for it? also i want to set differant values for how much Exp each unit is worth, how would i go about doing this?

There is a field in the veterency behaviour that deals with experience sharing. I advise setting it to non zero values. Its name is prety obvious as there are only 2 fields which deal with experience gain rates.

Under the unit data you should be able to control how much experience each unit gives.

2- the tutorial i took told me that i need to specify each attribute i made for my hero for each level, X str X agi X int on level 1, X str X agi X ing on level 2, etc.. Is this really necessary?? there has to be a way for me to either set it up like the had in in WC3 with + agi int or str each level or is there a way i can put in my own formula? I ask because i will be making many many heros for my map with many differant attributes and to have to specift every single attribute on every hero would take so much time. how would i go about doing somthing like this?

Hopefully this is cause the hero support is not final and so the finished game might have a better way to do this. Currently however its the only way. You might be able to make a trigger system though to help with it by using behaviours to modify attribute quantity.

Level 2
I figured out the +attributes per level here is how I got it

1-create all your attributes (if you don't know how to do this use a tutorial on dis website)
2-create a new behavior of type buff I named mine thunder hero stat bonus
3-set maximum stack to 10000 or some level your hero will never get to
4-go in to the modificaion+ field then scroll Down and find attribute changes. Add each of your attributes and input the amounts you want to have the hero gain on each level up. I used "durability-40. Power-3. Energy-5"
5-press okay
6-create a new trigger
events-
Unit - any unit gains an experience level
condition-
(Unit type of (triggering unit)) == Hero
actions-
(use the action type "add behavior (player)")
Add "1" "thunder hero level stats" to (triggering unit) from "1"

Status
Not open for further replies.