• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Morph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys i have problem with hero morph into another hero with different spells, but spells are always from the first one (normal form). Its not changing. I imagined to make it work like this. I have hero with ice powers, and lvl 6 spell is to make him use second morph (fire form), and i made that fire form hero with different fire spells. And when i use that morph spell, he transform into fire hero morph, but spells are still from ice one. If someone can explain me how to edit it and make it possible to change spells with morph. (btw i made spell out of Robo Tinker form).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If there is only 1 hero per player you can use triggers to disable its standard hero abilities and then add alternative hero abilities. When the hero reverts you enable the standard hero abilities again, the added abilities should automatically be removed due to not being made permanent.

Level 5
If there is only 1 hero per player you can use triggers to disable its standard hero abilities and then add alternative hero abilities. When the hero reverts you enable the standard hero abilities again, the added abilities should automatically be removed due to not being made permanent.
Yes its only 1 per player, but what trigger, i tried an trigger but in that trigger i select unit placed on map not unit made in editor, and btw it didnt worked. I dont know how to make trigger

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
i select unit placed on map not unit made in editor
Those two sound the same, you will need to explain how they are different.
I dont know how to make trigger
There is an action to disable abilities for a player, part of tech tree or some category like that. This is used in the campaigns to disable some hero learnable and unit abilities until later missions. It is used to implement the tech tree restrictions functionality.

Level 5
Those two sound the same, you will need to explain how they are different.

There is an action to disable abilities for a player, part of tech tree or some category like that. This is used in the campaigns to disable some hero learnable and unit abilities until later missions. It is used to implement the tech tree restrictions functionality.
When i try to use trigger, i can only select that unit that is placed on map. But my unit is not placed on map (Its hero selection), but i figured out and did smart thing :D, cuz its hero selection and its lvl 10 by default, just changed spells from hero to unit. and now 2 forms 3 different spells :p

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
When i try to use trigger, i can only select that unit that is placed on map. But my unit is not placed on map (Its hero selection), but i figured out and did smart thing :D, cuz its hero selection and its lvl 10 by default, just changed spells from hero to unit. and now 2 forms 3 different spells :p
It sounds like you're still learning some of the basics of triggering. There should never be issues with getting units if you know how to take advantage of variables.

Here's an example of storing each player's Hero in a Unit array variable:
  • Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 SomeHero for (Triggering player)
  • Set Variable Hero[Player number of (Triggering player)] = Last created unit
You would do this in your Hero Selection trigger.

Now you can reference the Hero[] variable to get a Player's hero whenever you need it:
  • Unit - Kill Hero[3]
^ This would kill Player 3's hero.

This is bad:
  • Set Variable RedHero = Player 1's hero
  • Set Variable BlueHero = Player 2's hero
This is good:
  • Set Variable Hero[1] = Player 1's hero
  • Set Variable Hero[2] = Player 2's hero

Arrays will cut down on your Variable/Trigger count significantly which will save you A LOT of time and make triggering much more enjoyable.
Search Hive for tutorials regarding Variables and more importantly Variable Arrays to get a better understanding if you're confused.

Last edited:
Level 5
It sounds like you're still learning some of the basics of triggering. There should never be issues with getting units if you know how to take advantage of variables.

Here's an example of storing each player's Hero in a Unit array variable:
  • Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 SomeHero for (Triggering player)
  • Set Variable Hero[Player number of (Triggering player)] = Last created unit
You would do this in your Hero Selection trigger.

Now you can reference the Hero[] variable to get a Player's hero whenever you need it:
  • Unit - Kill Hero[3]
^ This would kill Player 3's hero.

This is bad:
  • Set Variable RedHero = Player 1's hero
  • Set Variable BlueHero = Player 2's hero
This is good:
  • Set Variable Hero[1] = Player 1's hero
  • Set Variable Hero[2] = Player 2's hero

Arrays will cut down on your Variable/Trigger count significantly which will save you A LOT of time and make triggering much more enjoyable.
Search Hive for tutorials regarding Variables and more importantly Variable Arrays to get a better understanding if you're confused.
Thanks so much!

Level 7
For future reference for anyone with a similar scenario but the hero is not level 10 yet, an alternative way is to use the engineering upgrade ability, and only use a trigger to change the level of the engineering upgrade ability, as this can be used to determine what abilities the hero has. Additionally, one could hide the engineering upgrade ability using a disabled spellbook ability containing the upgrade ability, but by this point it may be complicated enough that you would want to just use triggers to change the abilities in the first place. Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.