• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Add passive ability to morphed unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a hero which morphs into a bear using the Tinker ability Robo-Goblin.

While morphed, this hero should have a permanent 3% mana drain which I am achieving like this...

upload_2020-6-7_9-1-23.png

BearFormManaDrain is just brilliance aura with a negative % value.

This applies the desired spell effect to my initial hero, however it is instantly removed when the 'morph' completes.

Is there a way to make the effect carry over to the morphed unit?

Level 2
Can you not simply give the custom ability to the morphed version? Like, in the Object Editor, rather than via the Trigger Editor?

I thought this would work, much like the Tinker Robo-Goblin has an extra ability in the form? Doesn't seem to be working though... Maybe ill try again from scratch.

make ability permanent

I'm unsure how to achieve that, I'm pretty noob with this stuff... Will have a play around?

I did see this! I honestly have no clue where to even start with custom code like that? How do I even implement it? I'll have a look around for a guide.

Thanks everyone for replies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.