1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Design 4-Way Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenge Archive' started by Krakenn99, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Engineering Upgrade? Or just giving the alternate Hero form different spells?

Usually we just end up creating a "dummy" ability for the icon & tooltip & such, with the Phoenix Fire ability being added via triggers & leveled appropriately... In a 'no-triggers' Contest, I might argue that's a serious enough issue to warrant picking another ability, but meh...

2. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice choices of skills, didn't expect one of them to be phoenix fire, there's metamorphosis, which I easily found out, you have pocket factory like everyone else, very nice.

When does the voting start?
    I already got an idea for a new fun little friendly challenge that is very different from this one.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. BalanceDruid7

BalanceDruid7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Engineering Upgrade is permanent effect, which was bad for my hero. I needed a way to switch between 2 stances (2 units with different spell set). Tried morph spells but that didn't work either.

Yep, I know its fixable with triggers but I can't do that. As far as I know, there is no way of making Phoenix Fire ability itself to show up. I guess I can't help it.

So, question, how bad will that affect my hero? I must change it? or can I leave it be and just lose some points in the judging?

4. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Imo you can give it an icon via triggers. The spell itself doesn't work with triggers, it's just so you can have an icon for it so no harm is done.

5. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's get the voting started, I'm already voting for someone.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  7. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. The_New_Divide

The_New_Divide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont know, but what happens with a transform-heroability(metamorphose/robogoblin), who has a Engineerring upgrade as basicability? Can this work? Or not?