• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[POLL] - Hero Design 4-Way Challenge

Who made the best hero?

• Krakenn99

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Rence Kristoff

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • voidray

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • BalanceDruid7

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
The Hive Workshop
The "Triggers are for smart people" Hero Challenge!
tl2_popup.png

Participants are to create a hero using only the object editor, using NO triggers and NO imported data.

Vote for the best submission of the latest Hero Challenge!
The winner shall recieve 9 reputation points, drained from the losers.

Final submissions and downloads:

Krakenn99Post / Download

Rence Kristoff
Post / Download

voidray
Post / Download

BalanceDruid7
Post / Download
Download All

This poll will end on December 26.

Attachments

• Hero Challenge.zip
    93 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Level 3
Voted for voidray! I really liked the "gain something by losing something" concept behind some of the hero's spells, and overall it was done really well, the hero really had a sense of using a chaotic and dangerous branch of spell-casting!

Level 12
Kraken99 Don't like Thunderstorm at all. it costs more than Stormstrike but have lower damage output overall. His ultimate is also useless, waiting for enemies with buff isn't fun. He is too squishy yet he can only relies on his ultimate, which will rarely happen. The only alternative is to use Ancestral Swiftness, but I don't think I did enough damage to the enemies to even run away. Overall, it is a pretty balanced hero stat wise, he is neither underpowered nor overpowered. If only his spell were more helpful.

Rence Kristoff This one is quite powerful. Already overpowered stat wise (she is also really tanky by the way for wearing light armor), and now she is provided with 2 passive spells and 6 (I think) active spells. Otherwise she is really fun to use and is really meant to be an Assassin (who even would say that the skills she get didn't even match her title as Assassin). I also would like to say that out of 3 arrows, I can only use the poison arrows (I click on frost arrow, but it launched poison arrow. same with flaming arrow).

voidray This hero is the most overpowered of all. +70% AS for allies and -50% AS and MS for enemies, not to mention his nether conduit form which grants him 50 attack and basically refills his mana while draining 10 hp per second and lower attack speed. -10 hp per second is nothing since he is a support unit which should not get hit oftenly. most of his spells are basically worth to be an ultimate spell lol.

BalanceDruid7
a rather unique hero I see. A lump of rocks Sweating boulders and rockets left and right lol. Stat wise is balanced, but again his spells cost a lot of mana but did nowhere near its cost. I really like all of his spells though, prove that he is indeed a Rock Golem.

My vote goes to Rence Kristoff.

Level 10
6 active spells
yes.
This one is quite powerful. Already overpowered
True, she does have that Illusion thing.
who even would say that the skills she get didn't even match her title as Assassin
I do.
I also would like to say that out of 3 arrows, I can only use the poison arrows (I click on frost arrow, but it launched poison arrow. same with flaming arrow).
That was what made my submission take a long time, I planned it as an item, but it has problems, I turned it into a skill and the three work separately now. I did forget something about Poison Arrows though, it was based from black arrow, and the units are immortal. As an item, all three could be activated but only Poison will work, as a skill, you can only activate one, as I have tested many times.

Last edited:
Level 11
@TwoVenomous thank you for the feedback. I tried my best at balancing the hero and I think I did it pretty well with the damaging spells but what I did not take into account was that he has only 2 damaging spells which kinda makes him weaker than he should be. His ult and E really are kinda lackluster, mostly his ult. I should have given him some more attention.

Level 26
Judging complete.
I applied ratings to all the entries, and adding votes according to score, which means, maximum, you can get 5 extra votes.
Tell me if you dislike this system, and we'll count it in a different way.

Clarification:
Q - First ability
W - Second Ability
E - Third Ability
R - Fourth Ability

@Rence Kristoff's Assassin
The passive crit ability is ok, but not unique.
The quiver of arrows was creative and useful. THis feature was the best.
The Q ability, stopping enemies from attacking felt a bit too simple, and is not very creative. A bit overpowered aswell, as 10 seconds without attack is quite a lot od damage lost.
The W was just like the trueshot aura, but with a new, and actually a quite unfitting icon.
The E, becoming invisible with a delay and casting time felt a bit sloppy to use, as she had to fade even after casting time.
The R was a bit too powerful, as they all dealt damage, and not so creative.
2.5/5

@Krakenn99's Enchancement Shaman
Q was wastly underpowered in my opinion, and a larger area would be nice too, but I liked this one too. Like an untargeted frost nova.
I really like this ability. It could have said how much mana it would cost though. Use of active ability that I've never seen before. I was impressed.
The movement speed bonus was nothing special really, but decent. Comfortable to be able to move a bit faster. Perhaps a little lower mana cost?
I disliked the R ability, as the enemy doesn't always have buffs, and it it didn't really feel powerful. It feels like something better could have been created here.
3.5/5

@BalanceDruid7's Rock Golem
A little bit edited Impale. Not very groundbreaking (hehe), but fitting the heroes theme and works with other abilities.
An unchanneled earthquake. I liked this a lot.
Passive applies phoenix fire. You could have changed the buff. I know it is impossible to have an icon here without triggers, but the damage or interval was not even displayed in the tooltip.
Ultimate is fine, but it drains health per second for no appearant use. An unmotivated drawback. Also, it can't be deactivated, as it states it can.
3/5

@voidray's Nether Adept
Q is visually good looking, but the 2 second duration doesn't really make sense. Damage is fine for the low cooldown, but mana cost is a little to high for that.
W is a nice ability. Cost movement for attack speed, which can create som tactical advantages and disatvantages. Use at your own risk!
E was really cool. Good idea to make use of the ghastly archmage. It would be better if it could be toggled though.
R is a good idea. A moving debuff for the enemies. Like a huge, unkillable moving curse. I like it.
4.5/5

It seems like @Krakenn99 will win anyway, but I'll give you guys 24 hours to respond to the judging method, before teh challenge is ended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.