• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Defense] - Neverwinters Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
nnc.jpg
Neverwinter Nine

It has been a long time seen i first created a Hero defense map. It's actually my favorite genre.
I did play X-Hero and some other popular maps but i am not satisfied with most of them so i decided to make a new fresh one, on my own way :grin:

-Map story: Nothing special. You are one of the Neverwinter Nine, the most noble and talent warriors of Lord Nasher. You will be sent to the Crossroad Keep, to help defense it from an invasion of the enemies.

-Map genre: Hero Defense

-Number of players: 1 - 6

-Gameplay: Team up and try to survive the tough battle as well as protect Lord Nasher. If he dies, you lose. The enemies will be divided into many classes. Mainly warrior, mage, assassin and ranger. Each hero has a specific role so the only way to win is teamwork.
Basically the map will focus on custom Heroes, spells and items. I will also add some new regions around the Keep so you will have some tasks to do. Search as killing a Legendary Dragon for treasures or assassinate an Enemies' leader for bonuses. There are totally 29 waves of enemy.

-Heroes:

-Each class has a specific NPC to learn his talents. Normally talent (the other name of skill, spell or ability as we usually call) will cost 1 talent point (attribute point), 100 gold and corresponding Hero level. Each level gives you four talent points, you can distribute to Strength, Agility, Wisdom or keep them to learn other abilities, the choice is yours.

• Strength: increases health, health regen rate, physical damage and physical damage from some Talents.
  • Agility: increases armor, physical critical rate and physical damage from some Talents.
  • Wisdom
: increases mana, mana regen rate and magical damage from Talents.

Magical damage includes ice, fire, lightning and spirit. Nature damage is considered as poison, note that Undead is immune to critical damage and Nature damage.

Warrior's talents
NNWarrior.jpg

Guardian's talents
NNGuardian.jpg

Rogue's talents
NNrouge.jpg

Ranger's talents
NNranger.jpg

Mage's talents
NNMage.jpg

Sorceress' talents
NNSor.jpg

-Tips and Hints:
  • This map requires at least 4 players, the default difficulty is hard.
  • Do not forget to distribute your talent points and it should be reasonable.
  • Do not try to be a superman, fight as a team.
  • Use Teleporters for quick transporting.
  • Upgrade your items.

-Screenshots:

nn1-1.jpg

nn2.jpg

nn4.jpg

nn5.jpg

nn9.jpg

-Download: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/neverwinter-nine-v1-0-a-189428/

-Trailer: a small movie with the terrain and a few Heroes i have finished>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.