• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The next hero to be added - 10/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, to be honest, we are removing the Rogue from the game. The whole concept of the class is crap so we decided the best thing to do was remove it from the game.

We will be replacing the slot of the rogue with a new class called: The Assassin. (Name subject to change)

Model: Warden
Main Stat: Agility
Hero Type: Melee

Left Tree - 14 points (Ability Tree)

Gash - (6s cd) strike the target for physical damage

Puncture - (8s cd) - strike the target for physical damage

Shuriken - (7s cd) - toss a shuriken at the target for physical damage (475 range)

Remorseless Strike - (15s cd) - strike the target for physical and depending on which debuffs are active, performs the following:
  • -Puncture: stuns the target for 1.5s and deals 30% of Puncture's base damage - requires Imp Puncture
    -Gash: deals 30% of Gash's base total damage - requires Imp Gash
    -Shuriken: Causes the Poison effect to spread to nearby enemies - requires Imp Shuriken

Hail of Blades - (10s cd) - Tosses a fan of knives around the Assassin for physical damage

Bladefury - (40s cd) - increases attack speed and damage by X for Y seconds

Improved Talents:

Improved Gash - 2 talent - Gash now leaves a 5s bleed that does 5/10% of Gash's base per tick

Improved Puncture - 1 talent - Puncture now cripples the targets movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 25% for 7s

Improved Shuriken - 1 talent - Shurikens are now poison coated and leaves a 5s poison (magic) dot that deals 12% of Shuriken's base per tick

Improved Hail of Blades - 2 talent points - Each blade has a 30% chance of pinning the targets feet for 1.5/3s and deals 7/14% bonus damage

Improved Bladefury - 2 talent - Causes all normal attacks to now deal 20/40% frontal cleave damage

Right Tree - 16 points (Enhancement Tree)

Ruthlessness - 3 talent - Increases your attack power by 5/10/15% of your agility

Cruelity - 3 talent - Increases your attack crit power by 5/10/15%

Spot Weakness - 3 talent - increases your attack crit chance by 3/6/9%

Empowered Gash - 2 talent - increases the bleed tick by 5/10%

Empowered Puncture - 1 talent - increases puncture's damage by 10%

Empowered Shuriken - 1 talent - increases the base damage by 12%

Empowered Hail of Blades - 1 talent - increases Hail of Blade damage by 10% and makes the pin effect last 1s longer

Empowered Bladefury - 2 talent - increases the cleave damage by 5/10% and its duration by 4/8 seconds

Level 11
previewvp.jpg

Preview of the talents / ability icons via Sevenix (Pheonix_VII)

Level 6
I do hope the Chaotic Mage will be available soon. Even if he has no more skeleton armies anymore. I loved that char!

Level 11
He is one of the 2 that will be in 3.0.3. New name is: Shadowblade

Similar concept of the shadow damage caster with life draining capabilities, but now an Agi hero

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I miss the summons. They used to be really fun.
Sad he is not even a mage anymore. I do not understand what most people have against summons.

Anyway, the abilities sound pretty cool for this hero.

What I do not get though is some of the values on the talents, especially the right hand ones. Not so much with this hero (as he is still being made) but with already existing heroes I find some of them noticably not as powerful as others. While spending a tallent in certain areas you can up your damage output like 25% (new/upgraded skills for example) while in other areas it would barly noticably upgrade you at all (maybe 1 or 2 damage or a couple of %). At the current rate of gaining tallents I find it hard to believe that anywhere near all of them will be unlockable, so I fear some may be considered more usless than others and so hardly ever get used (espeically the right hand ones when compaired to the left hand ones).

Speaking of tallents, I would like improved tooltips / info on how tallent gaining occurs as it does not seem like every second level.
Also as far as agility and stuff goes, some more info on what they do would be nice as you say it increases various aspects but lack the ammount so the decission on what to choose is hard.

Level 11
Improved tooltips when you take talents is something we are in the process of setting up, will probably be in the 3.0.3 patch.

As far as specific formula data, DemonFTW is working on an excel sheet for char planning/tweaking we will be releasing

Level 6
I think the same as you, Dr Super Good. I'm going to miss the Chaotic Mage.
I used to have armies of skeletons, a pretty fun way to play TKoK really. And so this would be some kind of agi caster? If it's a ranged hero I think it should be still like a mage. I'll await for this new hero, and I think it will remain as my favourite hero!

As for the new hero I like the new assasin idea. Very interesting hero. I really like the Remorseless Strike concept. I can't wait until TKoK is fully released at 3.0.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.