• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HelpMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

<Download voice guide>

1. Information

Firstly you actually must learn how to help yourself. Usually you have an idea of what should happen, but you don't really know how to start.
Well, the first thing is to remember how a trigger is set up. It's a set of event(s), condition(s), action(s). You can scroll through the events and actions, and look for wanted or related operations. For example, if I want to "move a unit", I look at the "Unit - " actions section.

When you don't know what a function is called in JASS, try to search in the function list, or try to convert the respective GUI action into JASS, to see the result. I personaly converted GUI to JASS very often, simply because I forgot or did not know something. It may be very helpful for quick but required questions.

Also, when you're coding it's very important that you have references to use. When you don't have something certain in mind, then google is usually your best friend. Use keywords like "wc3" or "hiveworkshop" next to your search query to ensure you find most related topics.
The idea is that you very often can solve problems on your own just by searching -- so you're very encouraged to use this possibility.

When you have issues with a mission you can't solve yourself, feel free to make a thread to discuss your issue, using a descriptive thread title like "Wanderer - Issue".
Explain what you don't understand, and provide as much information as possible what you already tried, and don't ask for complete working solutions.

2. Links

Basic Help Places

Some basic editor-, GUI-, and JASS knowledge is very preferable, as you won't be explained here how for example to create a new event in a trigger. For getting into basic knowledge you can read:
or ask questions here:
Others

When working through the missions you might need to look for some more special places from time to time:

Attachments

• listenme.mp3
    367 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.