• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Help with Trigger of Homing flame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Like in the Diablo's skill, blaze of sorceress, a pillar of fire follows the caster as it walks. I have tried my best to make it work but none of it passed my expectations, help plz?

Advanced thx.

Level 4
this sounds pretty simple to me rly just put a dummy unit with immoltion at point of caster every .6 or so secounds and a experation timer to them and its easyly done without much triggger work

ps. make sure it doesnt leak or it will lag the shit out of ur game

Level 8
ells, you can create a animation trigger. this is how:

Events
- unit starts to cas an ability(or mabey finishes if the ability/spell is short)

Conditions
- casting unit equals to <casting unit>

Actions
-Animaiton- Create an animation targeting origin of unit <targeted unit>(you have to create variables for the animation and mabey for the attacked unit (if its not placed in the we, but placed by triggers))

There3s the pillage trigger, now lets head for the damage thing

You simply gives the Attacking unit a modified ability, You have to have a ability that dont stops attacking untill the unit is dead (if you want it like that) or you can use triggers to turn off the ability wen the Attacked units health is below like 50%

think that´will help=))

Level 5
this sounds pretty simple to me rly just put a dummy unit with immoltion at point of caster every .6 or so secounds and a experation timer to them and its easyly done without much triggger work

ps. make sure it doesnt leak or it will lag the shit out of ur game

If ur playing Diablo, u'll get what I mean. Immolation damages enemies even in the front. The flame I was telling follows the caster from it's back and deals damage to anyone who steps on the fire. If ur playi'n Dota 6.19, Kael has this skill.

But thanks for the idea anyway.

Level 5
ells, you can create a animation trigger. this is how:

Events
- unit starts to cas an ability(or mabey finishes if the ability/spell is short)

Conditions
- casting unit equals to <casting unit>

Actions
-Animaiton- Create an animation targeting origin of unit <targeted unit>(you have to create variables for the animation and mabey for the attacked unit (if its not placed in the we, but placed by triggers))

There3s the pillage trigger, now lets head for the damage thing

You simply gives the Attacking unit a modified ability, You have to have a ability that dont stops attacking untill the unit is dead (if you want it like that) or you can use triggers to turn off the ability wen the Attacked units health is below like 50%

think that´will help=))

Thank you sr. though it still not that perfect for the flame, I can base this from the skill. Once again, thx.:thumbs_up:

Level 6
Easy, just put the dummy unit with negative offset facing (ur hero) degrees...so it'll show up behind him. I think sangir's idea is the correct one, this how most people would emulate that skill. The dummy unit can look like fire and give it immolation so it'll deal damage. Im guessing u want this passive? If u do, just check for units with that ability then create a dummy unit with negative offset every .2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.