• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Hi
I need help reguarding abilities. Could somebody please help me? i want to create the following types of abilities and has no idea how to..:
1. Global spells
2. an area spell that goes in all directions (e.g. shiva's guard on DotA)
3. a type of fire pillar (like admiral proudmore's torrent ability i dota, but with fire)

i'm also experiancing difficulty importing spells:eekani: please help, rep+

Level 33
1. For global, use this:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Else - Actions
2. Use Integer Loop A

3. Flame Strike effect on ground will create flame-like pillar effect

Reactions: _PV

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Ah thanks... it's just i knew flame strike was like a pillar, (i just made a crappy description of what i wanted) i wanted the effected unit to get launched in the air, kind of. thanks for the other 2 though =)

Status
Not open for further replies.