• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Need help with a few abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello ~~~

First, I've created a Dodge ability (like Evasion). What it does is that -

"If he dodges an attack, he will gain/receive bonus damage for 3 seconds."

The problem I'm having here is the triggering. And my trigger didn't work so I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this.

The next ability is Hammer Slam. It's like War Stomp but it "knock ups" enemies in the air and back to the ground. So it's a Knock Up ability.

"Slams the ground, dealing huge amount of damage and knocks up enemies for 1 second."

"1 second" meant - The enemy will be knocked up and drop back to the ground in ONE second. Yes, this needs alot of triggering and I've no knowledge on triggering advance spells like this. I would highly appreciate it if someone gave me a step by step tutorial on how to do this.

I also need to know if it's possible to have 2 or more abilities work together, like two abilities in one. Also, is it possible to make a passive skill into an active or an active into a passive? If these two are possible, please give me a tutorial on how to do it. I'd like everything to be clear.

Thanks to whoever will help me =)

For slam :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/tide-hunter-spells-191700/?prev=search%3Dtidehunter%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Change the effect of the ultimate spell and you have it.

For Dodge :
You need to make all by triggers : A unit gets damaged. if unit-type of trig unit = UnitwithDodge. Actions : Set RandomNumber = Random Integer number between 0 and 100, If randomnumber Superiour than 89 (for 10% chance), then make trig unit deal "Dealt Damage * -1" to trig unit of type Chaos and of type Divine - set level of DamagesBonus (this spell need to be level 0 when unit is created and in a desactived spellbook) for Trig Unit to DamagesBonus for Trig Unit + 1 - wait 3.00 seconds - Set level of DamagesBonus for Trig Unit to DamagesBonus for Trig Unit - 1, else do nothing.

An active into a passive is impossible, cauz' if you add an active in a passive spell, it won't be an passive but an active. But add a passive skill into an active is possible.
You use "A unit learns a spell, if learned spell = YourSpell. Actions : If SpellLevel = level 1, then add SpellBookWithPassive (which is desactived for all players) - set level of PassiveAbility for trig unit to 1, else set level of PassiveAbility for trig unit to level of learned ability for trig unit."'

Level 3
For Dodge :
You need to make all by triggers : A unit gets damaged. if unit-type of trig unit = UnitwithDodge. Actions : Set RandomNumber = Random Integer number between 0 and 100, If randomnumber Superiour than 89 (for 10% chance), then make trig unit deal "Dealt Damage * -1" to trig unit of type Chaos and of type Divine - set level of DamagesBonus (this spell need to be level 0 when unit is created and in a desactived spellbook) for Trig Unit to DamagesBonus for Trig Unit + 1 - wait 3.00 seconds - Set level of DamagesBonus for Trig Unit to DamagesBonus for Trig Unit - 1, else do nothing.

I can't do "Set RandomNumber = Random Integer number between 0 and 100". I made a variable but I can't find the option to set the variable that way. And just for reference, the hero will gain bonus damage for 3 seconds when an attack is dodged.

I need an IMAGE.

Thanks,
sonicfreak1234

Last edited:
Level 8
  • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (<=) 10
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
You don't need to set the variable to the random number, you just need to find the condition, integer comparison, Math - random number

Check the tutorials section, lots of stuff there if you are not very experienced, here is one on spells
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/creating-successful-spell-180478/

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, for one your skill can't happen exactly when your guy dodges, but you can make it happen as often as he'd dodge.

You'll have to make a buff and a debuff, and have some dummy units spawn and cast the buff and debuff on the unit.

There is no way to detect when evasion goes off.

A good idea would be to check out some of the spell packs, and see how they triggered it.

Just do this :

For Dodge :

Level 3
2. Use a traductor ?

Look, I understand English. In fact, I'm speak English. I don't need a traductor. The reason why I do not understand you is because your texts are so jumboed up, I got confused and I could not understand most of what you said. Maybe you need a traductor?

I just need a clear tutorial on the "Dodge" spell I'm working on. Thanks.

Level 8
Create 2 spells,
1st based off Inner Fire for bonus dmg
2nd based off Faerie Fire for armor reduction

If your random number 1- 100 <= 10
set unit = triggering unit
set temppoint to point of unit
create 1 dummy at temppoint
give dummy inner fire
cast inner fire on unit
create dummy 2 at temppoint
give dummy faerie fire
cast faerie fire on unit
remove temppoint

You can take what info we gave ya and make it, or you can wait for someone to feel like making it for you.

A dummy is a unit without a model or pathing that is created just to cast a skill.

Again, look at spell section and look at a few of how they did, it takes work to make a triggered spell.

Level 3
Create 2 spells,
1st based off Inner Fire for bonus dmg
2nd based off Faerie Fire for armor reduction

If your random number 1- 100 <= 10
set unit = triggering unit
set temppoint to point of unit
create 1 dummy at temppoint
give dummy inner fire
cast inner fire on unit
create dummy 2 at temppoint
give dummy faerie fire
cast faerie fire on unit
remove temppoint

You can take what info we gave ya and make it, or you can wait for someone to feel like making it for you.

A dummy is a unit without a model or pathing that is created just to cast a skill.

Again, look at spell section and look at a few of how they did, it takes work to make a triggered spell.

Eureke! It actually worked! I just modified some parts for my own sake though. Anyway, thanks for the help!

+1 to you.

EDIT: Hmm, for some reason unknown to me, when the opponent strikes the Hero with "Dodge" ability, and miss, there is a 1/2 chance where the trigger will not work. Here's a summary -

A footman attacks the Hero with the ability. Although the footman missed his attack due to the "Dodge ability, the Hero did not gain bonus damage.

The dummy's "Inner Fire" did not appear too so I assume that it is a leak/bug? If so, how do I fix it?

Last edited:
Level 8
There is no way to detect when evasion causes a unit to miss. Unless you completely trigger every swing and build your dodge ability with triggers instead of an ability.

You can only have this effect appen as often as your dodge would happen.

Level 14
You could do a group of triggers like when a unit gets damaged there is a chance (done with integer, random number etc.) to heal the unit of the damage taken and that way it will look like a dodge.
You can also add floating text that sais "dodge".
The heal part u can make by using the function "make unit damage unit"(or something like it) and add a negative number which will be the amount of damage dealt.

You could do a group of triggers like when a unit gets damaged there is a chance (done with integer, random number etc.) to heal the unit of the damage taken and that way it will look like a dodge.
You can also add floating text that sais "dodge".
The heal part u can make by using the function "make unit damage unit"(or something like it) and add a negative number which will be the amount of damage dealt.
Like i said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.