• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with scaling trigger with ability level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey there~~~

I have made a skill called "Hammer Slam". It does damage to enemies in an AOE and knocks them up into the air. Of course, i've done all of this. But I don't know how to scale the trigger with it's level. The trigger uses a Dummy spell so I want the trigger to scale with that Dummy Spell. Anyway, here's the description of the spell (not the dummy spell) -

Slams the ground with massive force that knocks up all enemies around him.

Damage - 60/105/150/195/240
AOE - 300
Knock up Duration - 1 second
Mana Cost - 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown - 17/16/15/14/13 seconds

The dummy spell is a custom "Impale" and it has the same fields as "Hammer Slam". Excluding it's own special fields like "Wave duration".

Thanks to anyone who replies =0

Level 33
The way I see it, only Damage can be triggered in Trigger Editor, other than that, you can self-edit it in Object Editor, like Mana Cost, Cooldown, etc.

Since AoE and Knock up Duration is constant, you don't have to set it every level

For Damage variation per level, just follow Maker's formula

Here's a clearer version of what you should do:

SETUP
  • Setup
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BaseDamage = 15.00
      • Set DamagePerLevel = 45.00
      • Set KnockupDuration = 1.00
      • Set AOE = 300.00
CAST
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Set AbilityLevel = (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Damage = (BaseDamage + ((Real(AbilityLevel)) x DamagePerLevel))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 3
The way I see it, only Damage can be triggered in Trigger Editor, other than that, you can self-edit it in Object Editor, like Mana Cost, Cooldown, etc.

Since AoE and Knock up Duration is constant, you don't have to set it every level

For Damage variation per level, just follow Maker's formula

Here's a clearer version of what you should do:

SETUP
  • Setup
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BaseDamage = 15.00
      • Set DamagePerLevel = 45.00
      • Set KnockupDuration = 1.00
      • Set AOE = 300.00
CAST
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Set AbilityLevel = (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Damage = (BaseDamage + ((Real(AbilityLevel)) x DamagePerLevel))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Actually.., I just have to do this -

Unit - Set level of Ravage Dummy for (Picked unit) to (Level of Hammer Slam for Ravage_Caster)

Anyway~~~ Thanks for the help guys~

Last edited:
Level 33
Change this:
To this:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Of course it damages allies too, because it practically damage any targeted units

So, you have to change your spell Stats - Targets Allowed (in the Object Editor, Abilities Tab) tick the Enemies box

Therefore, the spell can't target Allied units

Status
Not open for further replies.