• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with this ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, so I am very confused on the triggers and others for this ability, so I really need help from you guys.

Anyway, my ability is very similar to Elune's Arrow, but it stops when it hits a doodad or a higher cliff(including those edited with the Height editor in the Terrain Palette) but it will continue if it passes a lower cliff. Also, when the projectile hits a unit, the unit will be knocked back(and will rise up then down again but not pass through cliffs). Also, I want it to rebound when two of them collide.

Please express this in a map because I am VERY awful in triggers.

Level 6
For the cliff, make an array integer to take the height of your unit's height from sea level(0). Make an array integer to locate the height of the arrow. Make a trigger which compares the height of the initial arrow and the height every two seconds and make a trigger which sets the height of the arrow every two seconds. For the doodad, make a unit array for the dummy arrow. Make a trigger that stops the arrow when a doodad comes within the radius of your arrow.

Level 2
Well, I did post this thread because I don't know how to do codes and I am asking help from anyone who can do it for me. Thank you very much anyway.

anyway, this might be requiring vJASS for full capabilities and optimization... better get JNGP if you dont have one...

and I suggest that you learn how to create triggers, download spells from the spells section, try to learn what they do, what each line of action does...

it would really help you a lot in the long run, if you learn how to do it urself... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.