• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with creating special attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm trying to create a unit with a special attack.

It's "attack" is that it targets a unit, and launches a missile. The missile will home on the target, but will damage the first unit it hits. This will be triggered and I have attempted a few ways to do this.

The first, was to remove the unit's basic attack, and create an auto cast ability, however I don't know of a way to get multiple of a unit to cast the same auto cast spell on an enemy. This also causes problems with attacking with other units, as they don't have a TRUE attack.

The second idea, was to make the attack do 0 damage, and use Orb of Lightning. This was working, however it has aesthetic problems. You cannot set damage to 0, or rather have 0 dice. I can set damage to 1-1, then remove 1 damage with the item ability, however this looks horrible.

My preferred choice would be to somehow REMOVE the "damage" from the unit card, but still have an attack.

My other option would be to have it LIST the damage that the triggered ability would do, but deal 0 damage on the basic attack. I suppose I could simply trigger the unit's attack to deal no damage. This would be kinda clunky and might cause problems.

Worst case is that I have the unit deal a small amount of damage on it's basic attack, but this ruins the play style and theme of the unit.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Level 7
You can give the unit a modified Cargo hold (orc burrow) ability. Set the capacity 0 and then add it to the unit with triggers.

Damage Base: -1
Dices: 1
Sides per dice: 1
and the unit will do 0 damage.

I must be doing something wrong. When I add "Cargo Gold (Orb Burrow)", which I presume is the correct ability, it removes a unit's ability to attack, but still leaves the damage on the card as 0-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.