1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Help with creating special attack

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Killd0zer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Killd0zer

Killd0zer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm trying to create a unit with a special attack.

It's "attack" is that it targets a unit, and launches a missile. The missile will home on the target, but will damage the first unit it hits. This will be triggered and I have attempted a few ways to do this.

The first, was to remove the unit's basic attack, and create an auto cast ability, however I don't know of a way to get multiple of a unit to cast the same auto cast spell on an enemy. This also causes problems with attacking with other units, as they don't have a TRUE attack.

The second idea, was to make the attack do 0 damage, and use Orb of Lightning. This was working, however it has aesthetic problems. You cannot set damage to 0, or rather have 0 dice. I can set damage to 1-1, then remove 1 damage with the item ability, however this looks horrible.

My preferred choice would be to somehow REMOVE the "damage" from the unit card, but still have an attack.

My other option would be to have it LIST the damage that the triggered ability would do, but deal 0 damage on the basic attack. I suppose I could simply trigger the unit's attack to deal no damage. This would be kinda clunky and might cause problems.

Worst case is that I have the unit deal a small amount of damage on it's basic attack, but this ruins the play style and theme of the unit.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

2. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can give the unit a modified Cargo hold (orc burrow) ability. Set the capacity 0 and then add it to the unit with triggers.

Damage Base: -1
    Dices: 1
    Sides per dice: 1
    and the unit will do 0 damage.

3. Killd0zer

Killd0zer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I must be doing something wrong. When I add "Cargo Gold (Orb Burrow)", which I presume is the correct ability, it removes a unit's ability to attack, but still leaves the damage on the card as 0-0.

4. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, I had a brainfart.

EDIT: Hide the icon in object editor -> Combat attack 1 - Show UI
    EDIT2: Looking for a solution.

5. Ender

Ender

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think setting Combat Attack Blah-Show UI = false makes an attack not display its damage.
    Edit: Never mind, doesn't work

6. Killd0zer

Killd0zer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, thanks for the help so far! I knew how to hide the attack command button.