• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Base abilities for special using - help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I need abilityes for this things:
1) stoling lifes (when unit deals damage, percent of this damage will given to this unit)
2) opponent miss when attack is piercing (percent chance)
3) opponent miss when attack is melee (percent chance)
4) when unit attacks, it deal damage and cast special ability (example: attack deal N damage and cast active ability frost strike with graphical effect)
5) critical strike (not stacking with miss ability)
6) unit1 attacks unit2 => unit1 deals full damage to unit2, but unit2 returns % of damage to unit1

need this 6 abilities. Tell me please base abilities for this.

and how i can make graphical effect on caster and how i can make this for target?

Level 3
1) Life steal is already an ability called "Item Life Steal".

2,3) You could do this through triggers. When a unit attacks with a particular attack type check if it'll miss. If it should, have a dummy unit cast Curse on the attacker. Make the curse only last a second or so.

Checking attack types was hard, but I remember there being something about it on the forums here or in the spells section. I don't know how to do it myself.

The piercing one can also be done with the defend ability, although the attack won't miss it'll just do 0 damage that way.

4) For that I think you need triggers. Similar thing to above: when unit deals damage, do some chance test and then have a dummy unit cast the other ability.

5) Use Drunken Brawler and turn on the "Never Miss" flag for the ability. I think that'll do it.

6) Thorns Aura does this but I don't know if another ability will instead. If not, just use thorns aura but have it display no visual effect and make it only affect the user.

The graphical effects you can do through triggers or through dummy abilities. It's in the Art section of the ability.

Level 3
Thanks , but i need only ability things. Many people already do this without triggers, but dont tell me how :/

Status
Not open for further replies.