• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with continous firing spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
ok i am pretty new to making maps,i know basics of triggers and mediumish on custom things but i need to make a spell that drains 1 mana per second and that acts like cloak of flames, but it isn't only around the hero casting it but more of a breath of fire thing.... IF that is possible, then please reply, or if you need me to be more clear. oh and the damage should be 3dmg per second(if it hits you) because im trying to do a flamethrower, and a minigun, that both fire continuously and do damage per bullet/second kind of thing :sad:
thanks for all your help and i appreciate you actually reading all of this :thumbs_up:

Level 5
You want a spell that is casted like breath of fire and drains mana from damaged units to you? I do not understand what you want...

Level 1
its basically, a breath of fire but that is long range, and the size of flame is a straight line, and drains 1 mana per second for the player casting it.(that's the minigun)
the flamethrower, is a continues breath of fire tat does damage per second and that drains 1 mana per second for caster too.

Level 11
Ok, you need a trigger for this. You want phoenix fire and immolation. Give the unit immoilation but make it do 0 damage. When the unit activates immolation give it the ability phoenix fire. When it deactivates take away phoenix fire. To see if it activates or deactivates immolation just do this:

• activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (==) (Order(immolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to (Triggering unit)
  • deactivate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (==) (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Phoenix Fire from (Triggering unit)
The rest is just editing the abilities in object editor.

Level 12
You need a sort of dummy immolation spell (0 area of effect, 0 damage per second, just the mana drain), and do the following triggers:
  • Activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to YourAbility
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering Unit) to FireUnitGroup(THAT'S A VARIABLE)
  • Interval
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set point = (Position of (Picked Unit Unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Picked Unit)) at point facing (Facing of (Picked Unit)) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
          • Set point2 = (point offset by 10.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering Unit)))
          • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Neutral - Breath of Fire point2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point2)
  • Deactivate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to YourAbility
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering Unit) from FireUnitGroup

Level 11
hm...i was looking around for spells here and i saw this,
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/1/spells_808_screenshot.jpg
now would that trigger do something like that but continuous? and if that requires me to do object editor stuff, for what exactly would i need object editor? the mana thing?? :O

That looked something like a shockwave type ability, i thought you wanted one that hit 1 unit at a time. If you know what phoenix fire is, then you know what the ability would look like... It pretty much passively attacks enemies and you can make it so it can attack any number of units at a time. So it could be attacking 10 at once or only 1 at a time.
And you need object editor to edit the values and make custom abilities... You will obviously have to change the immolation damage to 0 and change phoenix fire damage to what you want.

Level 12
Phoenix Fire won't do because it attacks enemies all around, Flamethrower is supposed to hit only enemies in the front.
I myself used Cluster Rockets for the flamethrower, it could have been improved a lot but it worked okay. My idea would work nicely - for the minigun just remove the main breath of fire art and replace the buff art with the gyrocopter missile thingy.

Level 5
Hi there,

Here i got a spell which deals damage in a line straight forward from the casting unit. it also drains 1 mana per wave of fire and it is only active when the caster has activated his immolation-abillity.

It does not have miniguns but the flamethrower works.

Attachments

• Immolation_Mana_drain.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.