• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Art" Datas dont like me? And Breath of Fire Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. Ok so I'm making this map, and Im trying to make my abilities look sweet, but the only "Art" columns that work for me are "caster" and the original spell "Art" like Missle Art or effect. Is it possible to make all of the "Art" fields work? I have tried no attachments and the attachments "body" and "origin".

2. I'm using the fire arrows spell on a melee unit, and I want fire to come up on the target every time it attacks the unit, but the fire never shows up, and I have tried several different buff/ability models.

3. "BREATH OF FIRE PROBLEM"- So Im using the breath of fire ability but when I edit the fields the "damage per second" field never works, In other words the buff for the unit burning doesnt show up and it doesnt take damage per second, but the normal cast damage works.

I appreciate if you can answer any of these questions!

Level 6
1. Ok so I'm making this map, and Im trying to make my abilities look sweet, but the only "Art" columns that work for me are "caster" and the original spell "Art" like Missle Art or effect. Is it possible to make all of the "Art" fields work? I have tried no attachments and the attachments "body" and "origin".

2. I'm using the fire arrows spell on a melee unit, and I want fire to come up on the target every time it attacks the unit, but the fire never shows up, and I have tried several different buff/ability models.

3. "BREATH OF FIRE PROBLEM"- So Im using the breath of fire ability but when I edit the fields the "damage per second" field never works, In other words the buff for the unit burning doesnt show up and it doesnt take damage per second, but the normal cast damage works.

I don't understand the first one but.

2. I think you can only use arrow type spells on ranged units.(correct me if I'm wrong.)

3. Breath of Fire, DPS only works if a unit has been effected by Drunken Haze.

Level 5
I know of attachments like "hand,foot,origin,weapon,chest,overhead,head,sprite,left/right". Not every model owns those attachment points and in addition, not every field you find in the objecteditor is being used. If there is no grafic on a line by default, this will generally not show up, if you add one.

Meele units do not own missile grafics and thus these cannot be altered. You could use "cleaving attack" as ability and modify its values and grafics.

As Undead_ted mentioned before, those units have to be under the effect of drunken haze. If you do not wish to add this buff to every single unit in the area of effect, you can try the breath of frost that automatically does damage over time

Quess thats all.

Level 7
Dang Thanks guys, I was hoping the "art" values would be useable that way but guess not, ill have to re-create my breath of fire as breath of frost in order for it to work, but the "fire arrows" add damage and "cleaving attack" adds damage splash/distrubution and doesnt add damage, so I need a better subsitute for "fire arrows"

Level 6
Didnt try this before, but have you tried critical strike with added graphics? Maybe you can put chance as 100% and multiplier as whatever you want. Like I siad not sure if the graphics will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.