• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with 2 custom abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, first off I need this ability so my character(caster thats channeling) is unpaused after the effect, and for the unit(taget) is unpaused aswell, problem is, is that my character doesn't unpause and the target unit becomes unpaused.

Heres the trigger:

Genjutsu Strike
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Genjutsu Strike
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Genjutsu Strike for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, -50.00)) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s attack animation
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Animation - Play (Target unit of ability being cast)'s death animation
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (-50.00, 0.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, 50.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (50.00, 0.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 25.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Unit - Unpause all units
Else - Actions

And I need this 2nd ability to be leakless if you see any

Three Hit Combo Process
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to 3 Hit Combo
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of 3 Hit Combo for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Wait 0.33 seconds
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Wait 0.33 seconds
Unit - Unpause all units
Else - Actions

Please and thanks :grin:

Level 12
Well, first of all use trigger tags, example:
  • Copy the trigger here[/trіgger] via Copy as text.
  • Secondly you leak points, use casting unit instead of triggering unit. We can make the ability leakless but post in triggers tags because it's hard to read...
  • Edit: 2nd ability is leakless, but use Triggering Unit as i've said, and if possible get rid of waits. But first one leaks:
  • [COLOR="Red"]here[/COLOR] -> Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at [B]((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))[/B] offset by (0.00, -50.00)) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
  • [COLOR="#ff0000"]here[/COLOR] -> Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to [B]((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (-50.00, 0.00))[/B], facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
  • [COLOR="#ff0000"]here[/COLOR] -> Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to [B]((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, 50.00))[/B], facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
  • [COLOR="#ff0000"]here [/COLOR]-> Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to [B]((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))[/B] offset by (50.00, 0.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees

Level 1
  • Genjutsu Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Genjutsu Strike
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Genjutsu Strike for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, -50.00)) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
          • Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
          • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s attack animation
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Animation - Play (Target unit of ability being cast)'s death animation
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (-50.00, 0.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, 50.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (50.00, 0.00)), facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 25.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
          • Unit - Unpause all units
        • Else - Actions
Thats the first one, and heres the second one,

• Three Hit Combo Process
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to 3 Hit Combo
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of 3 Hit Combo for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
          • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Wait 0.33 seconds
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Wait 0.33 seconds
          • Unit - Unpause all units
        • Else - Actions
Second one, so say leaks and corrections I could make, and i'm not sure how to get rid of the waits so.

Wait.. how does the 1st trigger leak? ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) ???

And would this still be leakless if multiple players had this ability and used it at once?

Still having that pause problem with my 1st ability, the genjutsu strike, once its over the triggering unit is still paused and channeling..

Last edited:
The "Wait" action is the problem, it automatically removes all variable names for units and points such as "Triggering unit".

Use more triggers and use timers and not the "Wait" action... its the only solution I know (you will need some unit variables to make it work, also make the triggers trigger each other...

I will show you later a pic of the trigger, I have no time now

Last edited:
Level 1
Oh I didn't know the wait removed variables >_< but i'm not so great at making 1 trigger, triggering another for an ability, or atleast, i've never tryed, i'll try and put this in a map and let you guys see what you can do.

Heres the map, not sure why, but when you have both 3 Hit Combo and Genjutsu Strike, when you use 3 Hit Combo it instead uses Genjutsu Strike..

Edit: Anyone??

Attachments

• 2 Custom Abilities.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 1
Oh I didn't know the wait removed variables >_< but i'm not so great at making 1 trigger, triggering another for an ability, or atleast, i've never tryed, i'll try and put this in a map and let you guys see what you can do.

Heres the map, not sure why, but when you have both 3 Hit Combo and Genjutsu Strike, when you use 3 Hit Combo it instead uses Genjutsu Strike..

Edit: Anyone??

/Bump

Anyone know whats wrong with itt?

Status
Not open for further replies.