• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! The Object Editor Custom abilities has all Data-Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Help!

My Object Editor has a bug!

When I add custom abilities, It has all the Data-Fields

See for your self:
whathappw.jpg

Level 12
hey share the WE to us bro!, lol!

I second this, I'd love to have all data fields available to edit!

As stated above, this is what you would call a "Blessing in Disguise" here, although it may be a ROYAL pain to edit, it allows you to do just about ANYTHING with that...

Level 26
it allows you to do just about ANYTHING with that...

It won't. Each ability may decide for itself which fields it uses how. It's not like you can set a missile graphic and speed and the ability would begin to use one then. Maybe it works for some standard options but these of course should be already shown.

The fields used by an ability are determined in the Units\AbilityMetaData.slk file. So replacing this file with the original one/reinstalling should help.

Last edited:
Level 12
It won't. Each ability may decide for itself which fields it uses how. It's not like you can set a missile graphic and speed and the ability would begin to use one then. Maybe it works for some standard options but these of course should be already shown.

The fields used by an ability is determined in the Units\AbilityMetaData.slk file. So replacing this file with the original one/reinstalling should help.

Aww. Killjoy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.