• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help/request - By Demons Be Driven - playing as Humans/Jaina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hii, first time poster here. I've been revisiting Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos after not playing it for almost 18 years. I'm still in love with the Orc Campaign: By Demons Be Driven chapter, but I really wish I could play the same map as the Human Expedition. I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

I don't know how to edit maps myself so I was wondering if there's a custom map out there, where I can play as Jaina and the Human Expedition. (I've tried looking at the maps, and have not found anything).

Also, if it doesn't exist, is it possible to request for it? I've looked at the request board, but it doesn't have anything about map ideas. I don't have big bucks but if someone is willing to help me create the map, I'd love to sit down and discuss how I can make an arrangement that's fair/feasible to you to help me achieve this dream.

I know it sounds silly!! But as a 12 year old, there were hardly any positive female role models around me growing up. Jaina was like the first strong character that I've seen and I'd love to experience this as a 30+ adult.

Thank you for reading!!

TLDR: looking for map "By Demons Be Driven" to play as Jaina/Human Expedition in the exact same map. If someone wants to help me create it, would love to see how a favourable work arrangement can work out.

Level 3

Thank you so much for responding! I've taken a look at those but they're too insane for me. I'm totally stupid at this game and don't have friends I can play with. I've tried tweaking the maps to get an AI to take the role of the other races, but I'm not sure why, I end up having to manage all the bases myself.

I just want to be able to play Jaina/Humans on that map and just enjoy an easy, breezy campaign run LOL.

Really hope someone can help me!

PS. Both of those custom maps are INSANE to me. Jesus Christ, a raider with 1250 health and 7 of them are just chilling by the ENTRANCE?

TLDR. Have looked at those two map suggestions. They're custom maps which are too insane for me. Just wanna chill and have fun as Jaina.

The kind of modification you ask might fall on the substandard/simple level for map section ruling which makes it hard to find. There is a 2P campaign variant where Jaina is playable if my memory serves, but it can only be played in 2P and the difficulty is capped into Hard by default (Normal = Hard in 2P), so it might not be perfect fit.

There is also the 8P variant, not sure of the difficulty for this one.

Level 3
Hi, thank you again for your reply on this thread! I've tried both of those that you've suggested. The first doesn't even load. It says "fail to load map due to lack of players". Even setting it to computer, it doesn't start the map. Keeps failing or crashing. (furthermore, if it works, it's set such that the two players can only play orcs, and cannot switch to humans).

As for the other map, same issue, it's locked to Orcs only.

For others who see this thread, this map request completed can be found in the link provided above.

Status
Not open for further replies.