• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Want to commission someone] Take an orc campaign and let me play as human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hii, I'm looking for someone to take the RoC Orc campaign - By Demons Be Driven, and edit it such that I can play as the Human Expedition, and let the AI be the Orcs. I want it to stay vanilla and not be edited from the original gameplay. (I've been directed to some custom maps here for that chapter and they are INSANE, but it's not for me).

Willing to discuss compensation/fees for your work. Do let me know. Help me achieve my dreams of playing as Jaina in By Demons Be Driven! Thank you! ♥

A critical aspect of the mission is that Thrall's soul gem is invaluable for the story/gameplay completion. Make the AI handle that portion or have the soul gem switched to Jaina?

There is a scene where Thrall meets Grom, same as original?

Which version is this based on, classic SD or Reforged HD?

For the Orc AI, should it be very aggressive or should it focus on turtling itself like Jaina did in the original (with small supportive attacks)?

There are some other stuff I can think of that might need addressing just to be certain of things, since this mission's main quest usually makes editing need some detailed specifications.

Level 3
A critical aspect of the mission is that Thrall's soul gem is invaluable for the story/gameplay completion. Make the AI handle that portion or have the soul gem switched to Jaina?

There is a scene where Thrall meets Grom, same as original?

Which version is this based on, classic SD or Reforged HD?

For the Orc AI, should it be very aggressive or should it focus on turtling itself like Jaina did in the original (with small supportive attacks)?

There are some other stuff I can think of that might need addressing just to be certain of things, since this mission's main quest usually makes editing need some detailed specifications.
Thank you so much for your reply!

1. I'm playing on Classic SD, Warcraft III: RoC.
  2. I'd like to play as Humans, so Jaina can have the soul gem.
  3. Orcs turtle
  4. That cutscene where Thrall meets Grom can be kept as is, since I don't want to trouble you further. I suppose, make it such that Thrall doesn't teleport there when Jaina triggers the "proximity" trigger to Thrall (if that makes sense?).
  5. Since Orcs have Cairne and Thrall, plus they have the advantage of carrying over items from previous stages, I was wondering if it's okay for Jaina to be given 3 Crown of Kings +5, and 1 Claws of Attack +12 (I understand if you or other readers judge me, but I swear, I'm terrible at the game LOL).
Do let me know if you have other questions.

PS. It's a slight rant/whine, but I hope you can help me make this a reality. I've played this chapter probably 100x since 2020, just purely for nostalgia, and I keep wishing to be charging into the Warsong Clan with Jaina. And I think I'm allowed to whine. We get Malfurion for 6 Chapters on Night Elf, we get Cairne for 5 on Orcs, we get Kel'thuzad for 5 on Undead, but Jaina, just 2! And they're beginner chapters on Human campaign. (I might have gotten the numbers wrong for the other races, but it's WAY more than 2 chapters).

Level 3
Let's see if this fits your needs.
First of all, thank you so so much for this. This is an amazing gesture.

I wanted to quickly test it, but I'm sorry to say that I've ran into some issues. I've added it to the Local "Maps" folder but it doesn't show up under custom games. I've tried it a few times, also adding to the "Campaigns" folder but it doesn't work.

My game version is 1.27.1 if that helps. Have I gotten my information wrong when I stated that it's Classic SD? I'm 100% certain it's not reforged. Also, when I've downloaded the other maps you've suggested, they have loaded on my games, like the "By Demons Be Driven 2.2" etc. So I'm wondering if I've added your file wrongly.

I'm sorry to trouble you, but hope to hear from you soon.

edit:

I went to scout around, and someone posted in another thread -- Map won't show thread -- that if the map title is in the map description, it will not show. I was wondering if maybe this could fix it? Unfortunately, I've no idea how to edit it myself. Please understand that I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to give you possibilities as to what the issue might be, as I really want to play this and I don't want your efforts to go to waste.

Last edited:
This particular map is build using 1.31 and not playable for versions below 1.31.

Well, I should've asked questions about patch first thing. Try looking at WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO) for 1.31 patch, or I'll try spending time rewriting if I am up for it. Just the tedious aspect of ensuring everything aligns error-free doesn't sit well with me.

Level 3
This particular map is build using 1.31 and not playable for versions below 1.31.

Well, I should've asked questions about patch first thing. Try looking at WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO) for 1.31 patch, or I'll try spending time rewriting if I am up for it. Just the tedious aspect of ensuring everything aligns error-free doesn't sit well with me.
Sigh that explains it.

I've tried using the WC3 download archive, and no matter what I do, it auto updates to reforge, and I think that's a whole other can of worms. So unfortunately, I'm stuck on 1.27 Classic SD. I don't know what else to do, plus I hate the graphics on reforged too..

I'm so sorry to have wasted your time, and I don't know if you'd be willing to do it such that it fits my version of 1.27.1, but regardless thank you so much for your work. I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed; I literally zoomed home to try this and troubleshooting it and hitting this wall is heartbreaking but oh well. Regardless, I truly, truly, mean this from the bottom of my heart: thank you SO much for being willing to help an internet stranger with her childhood dream :D

I pray only beautiful things come your way, good human.

Looking around, I found Map Adapter that allows adapting maps between patches. So, with some tinkering, I made this playable in 1.27b (the closest patch I have) and hopefully it plays correctly. The only minor issue I noticed is that lumber peasants behaved weirdly at the start of the game (they went for gold instead of lumber).

Please inform me how it goes for you.

EDIT:

Updated attachment. Hopefully, this one fixes the peasant issue.

Attachments

• orc08Jaina127.w3x
    266.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Level 3
Looking around, I found Map Adapter that allows adapting maps between patches. So, with some tinkering, I made this playable in 1.27b (the closest patch I have) and hopefully it plays correctly. The only minor issue I noticed is that lumber peasants behaved weirdly at the start of the game (they went for gold instead of lumber).

Please inform me how it goes for you.

EDIT:

Updated attachment. Hopefully, this one fixes the peasant issue.
OHMYGOD. You, fellow human being, are a godsend. Thank you so much for your hard work in helping me. I literally started playing and was close to tears because this has been almost a 20 year dream. Thank you, thank you. It works perfectly!

Do contact me if you'd like something in return!

OHMYGOD. You, fellow human being, are a godsend. Thank you so much for your hard work in helping me. I literally started playing and was close to tears because this has been almost a 20 year dream. Thank you, thank you. It works perfectly!

Do contact me if you'd like something in return!
I am happy it works. I was on edge waiting for confirmation. I am very happy to hear a confirmation this actually works :thumbs_up::cool:2

Status
Not open for further replies.